z

Young Writers Society

Welcome to Camp Half-Blood!!

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:39 pm
Eternity says...

Casper

Casper took his hand carefully and as the two walked, they managed to keep a strong conversation going. As Roland was in the middle of a sentence, he abruptly stopped. Casper looked over and raised an eyebrow.

"Do you hear that?" he asked. Casper tried to listen closely but could barely hear the soft grumbles of a hungry species. She looked around, her eyes wandering left and right, up and down, trying to spot the creature but it was nowhere to be found.

"R-Roland..." she whispered, gripping his hand slightly tighter than before.

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:23 pm
NympheaLily says...

Roland
Roland and Casper went back to back. He drew his broadsword he always kept on him while Casper made her necklace transform into her sword. Both looked around cautiously. Things were getting pretty quiet, when suddenly, a hydra burst out of the forest. It hissed and spat poison.

"Duck!" screamed Roland. They both ducked and the poison landed on a tree, melting it. The hydra seemed to be confused or something. It was lashing it's head around, melting trees right and left. Roland looked at it, studying on it's aura. It was a sickly green and he realized, with a start, that this hydra was sick and dying.

"Roland!" called Casper. She had scrambled up a tree and was slashing at anything that would get close to her, "What do we do?" Roland caught sight of the hydra's tail out of the corner of his eye and jumped to avoid it.

"I don't know!" he called back, "I've never fought one of these before!" The hydra lashed again and Roland was caught off balance. He fell and smacked his head on a rock. He got up, but his vision was blurry. The hydra struck again and Roland fell again. It's teeth raked across his arm and he screamed in pain. He tried to get up once more, but the hydra's tail knocked him out cold.
Will Solace IRL

82 Reviews

Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:36 pm
Eternity says...

Casper

Casper looked over, "Roland!" She screamed. She scrambled down the tree and glanced at the large creature that stood before her. Her heart began to race and she could feel a slight nudge. Mother... She looked at the Hydra, standing between Roland and it.

Anger rushed over her and very rarely did anyone ever see her so angry. She rushed toward the Hydra, trying to dodge any movement as it lashed toward her. Casper stared the monster in its eyes and mumbled something underneath her breath, lunging for the strong beast. She stuck her sword into its thick layer of scale and tried to pull herself up onto the creature.

The hydra roared and bucked upward, sending Casper flying to the floor. She grunted and got up, running to Roland once more, checking to see if he was still alive. Casper knew that defeating this Hydra would most likely be difficult only because cutting off one head would only create two more. She lashed her sword upward as the lunged for her and Roland again.

Casper wrapped her arms around Roland's cold body, picking him up, and wrapped one of his arms around her shoulders, hoisting him up. She struggled slightly, feeling her knees nearly buckle but she had to get him to safety. The two were farther away from camp than she could walk so she held her sword in her semi-free hand, and held Roland up with her other, stumbling away as quickly as she could away from the hydra.

69 Reviews

Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:22 pm
NympheaLily says...

Ash
When Amelia didn't respond, Ash huffed and struggled with Reed to the Apollo cabin on her own. When she finally reached the cabin, she told another Apollo camper to take care of her. Ash walked back out into the sun and breathed in. Okay... Ash decided to go to the forest to calm herself down.

She walked into the woods and kept walking for a solid fifteen minutes. Then, she started to hear the sound of struggle not too far away from her. Must be some unlucky monster chow, she thought. However, the closer she got, she could hear voices. When one of them shouted, she realized that they were demigods. Ash took off running towards the sounds and burst in on a hydra. It was thrashing around it's heads lashing back and forth.

"Roland!" The shout came from a tree over to the right. Ash saw Casper scramble down and reach Roland, who was lying on the ground. He wasn't moving. Casper desperately hoisted up Roland and started to stumble away. Ash was shocked, but she knew she had to do something. To save Casper and Roland. She opened her mouth and started singing her calming tune.

"Shall thine birds sing
and trees sway
Spread thy wing
And come to stay..."
Will Solace IRL

82 Reviews

Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:48 pm
Eternity says...

Casper

Casper took off with Roland, farther away from camp. She set him against a tree in an undergrowth where they were hidden. She took his arm carefully and examined the wounds. They were okay. Not majorly bad.

Casper checked for a pulse and Roland still had one. He must've just gotten the brink of the hydra's attack.

She sat next to him and ripped part of the bottom of her shirt, taking a strip off to wrap around Roland's arm. She gently bandaged up his arm, tying it tight before checking for his pulse again.

"Come on, Roland, wake up..." she whispered, fear filling her entire body.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:16 am
Europa says...

Olivia Gresham

I trudged through the wind and rain, my only piece of luggage--a black hiking pack--slung over one shoulder. My clothes were torn. The bandage on my arm was slowly turning red. Again. I pushed my sopping wet hair away from my forehead, but the rain sent it sliding back into my eyes. The camp was just in sight. I could see two figures standing just behind the boundary, barely distinguishable through the haze of rain. My satyr guide, Rowan, trotted beside me, glancing nervously from side to side.

"We need to go faster. I can smell a monster." He muttered.

"You're not going to pass out again, are you?"

Rowan blushed, casting a guilty glance at my injured arm. "That was only one time!"

One time is enough. I kept the thought to myself. No point in making the little guy feel bad. I turned my gaze back to the boundary. One of the people I had seen was making their way towards us, holding a golden umbrella that seemed to be made of pure light. Wouldn't the rain just go right through it, then? I shook my head. Focus, Olive. Focus. The figure was close enough now that I could see him better. A tall boy with jet black hair. I picked up my pace until Rowan had to jog to catch up. His eyes lit up as his gaze fell on the strange camper.

"Ray!" he sighed, sounding more than a little relived. "Good to see a friendly face again." Ray nodded at him, then turned his attention to me. His dark eyes flicked to my bag.

"Do you want some help with that?"

"I carried it all the way here on my own." I replied, trying to sound at least a little friendly. "I'll be okay."
He looked down at my injured arm and I tensed, quickly putting a protective hand over it. Then I took a breath, and forced myself to relax.
He's a camper. He isn't going to hurt you. My fingers slowly slid away from the bandage, and brushed past him. Rowan tagged along behind us, hands twitching nervously. The rain continued to pelt down, and my sodden hair sent streams of water into my eyes. A golden light fell over me, and I suddenly couldn't feel the rain. I looked up. The boy's umbrella was over my head. I could see right through it to the sky above. The rain pattered onto it, dripping off the edge and onto the soggy grass. What was that thing made of?

"It's Magic." Ray's voice, a lot closer to me than I'd have liked, startled me out of my thoughts. I jumped, my head swiveling in his direction. He was walking right next to me, almost close enough for his sleeve to brush my cheek, and holding the umbrella between us. I shifted uncomfortably, inching a few steps to the left. Ray's eyes focused on the camp's border. The other figure that had been standing at the boundary was now speeding toward us, faster than any human could. As it drew closer I could hear the sound of hooves pounding into the wet earth. In the same instant, a screech pierced the air.

"I told you so!" Rowan wailed. I snapped my fingers. Instantly the mist melted away, and my pack changed into a pair of dual swards strapped to my back. Ray grabbed my arm, and I gritted my teeth as his fingers closed around the wound. I managed to get ahold of Rowan's wrist before we started running. The screech pierced the air again, louder this time. My feet slipped in the rain-slicked grass and I spat out a Greek curse as Ray's grip slipped on my arm and I went down. A strong hand gripped the back of my shirt and I was suddenly lifted off the ground. I tore one of my swards from it's sheath and swung it in a wide arc. Another hand gripped my wrist before my sward could connect.

"Careful now, child. I won't hurt you." The voice was warm and reassuring and I felt myself relax. The man let go of my wrist, and set me down gently.

"Chiron." Ray was just behind me with Rowan. the satyr looked terrified. "I'm guessing this is about the shriek we heard."

Chiron nodded. "A camper was attacked by a Harpy earlier." Harpy? Singular? Don't they usually attack in groups? As if on cue, the Harpy screeched again. I could see it flitting through the trees nearby. I gripped my sward tighter. Rowan let out a nervous bleat.
Then it swooped, talons extended. Obviously it would go for the weakest looking victim. Me. I narrowed my eyes, the rain slashed through the air, driving against my skin and once again soaking me to the bone.
The Harpy seemed to fly at me in slow motion. I could hear the beating of my own heart. My vision turned red. My sward flashed through the air. The Harpy screamed again as the blade sliced clean through its arm. An arrow whizzed through the air. It hit the monster square in the chest, and it exploded into yellow dust. A faint smell of sulfur hung in the air where it had been.
I lowered my blade, wiping monster blood from the black iron. I could feel the adrenaline from the attack slowly draining away, and yet the red haze still tainted my vision.
I looked up. The symbol was there. Confirming what I already knew. I was the daughter of Ares.

"Huh." I looked back at Chiron, who was still staring at the now fading sign. "Pardon my lack of enthusiasm, but we should probably head back. There are bound to be more of those Harpies nearby."

It was almost noon before I was allowed outside again. I had managed to dry myself off enough that I wasn't standing in a puddle, and the wound in my arm had been properly cleaned and bandaged, courtesy of the Apollo cabin. I strolled down to the mess hall, but as soon as I spotted two boys, one of which I recognized as Ray, obviously having some sort of fight, I veered away and headed for the lake. A girl was sitting on the dock playing a flute. One of the Apollo kids who had helped patch up my arm. Quietly, I slunk down to the edge where she was sitting, and settled down next to her. She stopped playing her flute, alarm briefly flashing in her eyes as she looked over at me.

"Oh." She breathed, relaxing. "You startled me."

"Sorry." I mumbled. There was a pause. I searched for something else to say, but my mind was suddenly blank. I glanced over at the Apollo kid. "My name's Olivia." I mumbled. It sounded incredibly awkward and overused, but it was better than sitting there in silence.

"Grace." The Apollo kid replied. "But everyone just calls me Clementine. Or Clem."

I slowly raised one eyebrow. Grace chuckled. "It's a weird story."

I could hear a faint shout echo through the air. So far off I couldn't tell where it was coming from. There was another pregnant pause.

"How's your arm doing?" Grace inquired. I shrugged.

"Better. I doesn't hurt as much anymore. Guess I owe that to you. Thanks." Grace blushed a little.

"Oh...it was nothing. I just helped out, that's all."

I smiled. This girl's kind of cool.

"Look out below!" a new voice yowled. No, not a new voice...the same shout I had heard earlier! And just like that, I was soaked again. Grace was laughing, also wet. A pair of dark glasses bubbled up to the surface, and a pale hand reached out from underwater, grabbing them and disappearing back into the depth a split second before a head popped up above the surface, shaking the water out of his brown-black hair.

"Hey, Mickey. What's up?" Grace giggled.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:51 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Grace Clementine

It was almost noon, and the camp buzzed with more life than usual. Although while most campers eagerly awaited the festivities of everyone's favorite game, Capture the Flag, Clem sat in the infirmary stitching up a gash on a young Ares boys forehead.

“Alright. Almost done. I just need to place a bandage so the stitches don't fall out.” She smiled at the young 13 year old boy. His name was Todd, and he was much much smaller than most of the boys. You'd think it would be easy to pick on him, but he is quite the cunning little boy. However, this also means that he is quick to get himself into trouble. Clem grabbed some gauze from across the room. “Make sure to be more careful next time. You don't want your whole head to be taken off do you?” The young boy laughed.

“Me? I'm invincible!” He jumped up on the table, and flashed his best superhero pose. Clem patted his leg for him to sit back down.

“Yeah. Yeah. I know, but even the invincible still have a weakness...” She said placing a bandage on the stitches. “Okie dokie. You are good to go.” Clem smiled, and the boy jumped up.

“Thanks Clem! You’re the best.” He quickly hugged her, and ran from the room. Clem laughed as Rebecca entered the room nearly getting knocked over in the process.

“Gosh he is such a little speed demon.” She said with a frustrated laugh.

“Hey Bec. What are you doing here?” Clem asked picking up her supplies.

“Oh you know, the usual. Saving you from your duties… Although I am confused. Why didn't you just heal his forehead?”

“Well, after last years incident I have been forbidden to use my healing power unless absolutely necessary. Not all Apollo kids can be as fortunate as Ash when it comes to my father's love and power.” She sighed, ashamed with what she just said. “That was wrong. I shouldn't have said that.” She loved Ash, but she couldn't help but feel jealous of hers fathers special treatment.

“You know he cares...he's just waiting for the right moment.” Rebecca gave Clem a reassuring smile. “Besides, nearly healing yourself into a coma might not have been the best decision.” Rebecca laughs.

“It wasn't my fault I didn't know my limits. Besides that Ares kid needed it. He would have been in the infirmary the whole summer. Ugh! I never want to do that again, and I'm glad that Chiron has put limits on me. He just wants to keep us safe.”

“All things I know. Well I am glad you’re alive.” Both girls laugh as Rebecca jokingly hugs Clem.

“Hey, I'll meet up with you later at the mess hall. I have to take a box of supplies up to the gate. Chiron wants to take precautions with all the new guests and the monster attacks.”

“Alright, but don't take too long. Lunch is always fun on Capture the flag days. Death stares for miles.”

“True.” They both laugh. “I'll see you in a little bit.” Rebecca makes a slight wave gesture, and sways out of the room.

Clem makes her way to the storage area where she grabs a box full of immediate first aid supplies. Right as she is about to leave though, a young girl walks in with a nasty injury on her arm. Clem did not recognize her, and her mind instantly flashed to newbies and their ability to be monster bait.

“Can I help you?” She asked with a smile, although her eyes flashed to wound worried.

“I was sent here.” The stranger said. She seemed tired.

“Oh! Just a moment.” Clem quickly set the box down, and rushed to her supplies nearly falling down in the process. “I'll get that patched up in a jiffy. Have a seat.” After a good cleaning and a long moment of awkward silence, Clem finally finished her stitching.

“Thanks.” The girl nodded and exited as Clem smiled. Finally returning her attention back to the supplies Clem made her way clumsily to the main gate.

“Hey Clem!” An Ares kid called out as she was walking. “You good to be our personal medic and weapon guard for this afternoons game?” Clem nodded, and smiled as kindly as she could. The Ares kid said something indistinguishable and continued on his way. It was only a few moments before Clem's next embarrassing clumsiness incident occurred once again. She was almost to the gate when Beckett passed with Amelia. He waved at her, and she suddenly felt herself lose track of her feet. She managed to trip falling into the grasp of the person in front of her. She looked up at Logan Bates. Like usual there was not a smile on his face.

“So-Sorry about that.” Clem laughed, and brushed her hair behind her ear awkwardly tugging in an attempt at getting her fingers loose from the messy curls.

“It's all good. Are you okay?” He asked.

“Yup thanks. Sorry again.” She scrambled to pick up the fallen items, and get out of this boy's way as soon as possible. Surprisingly he stopped her.

“Do you need help. I'm pretty sure I saw you almost trip 5 times in the past 100 feet.” Clem laughed, but kindly refused. She didn't want to bother his time.

After loading up the supplies at the gate, the sun began to come out after a period of scattered showers. Clem bailed on the mess hall and decided to take advantage of this atmosphere. It was one of her favorites, the time after the rain. She sat quietly on the dock enjoying the summer air with her worn flute. After awhile the new girl from before approached her and they had quite a lovely conversation. Like all peaceful things in Camp Half Blood, they were quickly interrupted by a moment of pure chaos. Only this chaos’ name was Mickey.

“New best time Clem! Only 45 seconds!” She couldn't help but smile.

[/i]Mickey Halen[i]

Spoiler! :
I mentioned your peeps: @TheFantasy14 @TheForgottenKing @NympheaLily @ChildOfWriting
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

69 Reviews

Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:43 am
NympheaLily says...

Ash Vallin
Ash spent the rest of the morning in the Big House. She and Casper had arrived at the Big House with Roland between them. He was cold and barely breathing. Poor Roland. He's woken up a few times, but most of his sentences were just gibberish. The hydra's poison made the son of Hades delirious. Ash put a hand to his forehead and frowned. He was burning up. Ash herself didn't have any healing powers other than her singing, but her singing could only heal so much. So could ambrosia and nectar. She'd given Roland the maximum amount of nectar that demigods could have before bursting into flames. She sighed and laid her head down on his bed.

"Hey." Ash sat up abruptly, almost falling over. She turned to see Casper standing behind her.

"Hey," said Ash. Casper came over and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Do you want some lunch? You seem hungry." Ash shook her head.

"I'm fine." Casper frowned but didn't say anything.

"There's capture the flag tonight. Are you going to join?" she asked. Ash pondered that.

"I don't know. I'll think about it." Casper held out a hand and Ash took it reluctantly.

"At least come with me. We can see some more campers!" The two walked out of the infirmary, but just as they were about to leave, Roland groaned.

"What if apples could fly?" he said, rolling over to face them. His voice was slurred, "It would be ration'l. Wit da, da, da floofly thingys."

"Do you mean feathers?" asked Ash. Roland nodded and tried to sit up.

"Yah. Da feters..." He trailed off and started to snore. Ash and Casper giggled and made their way out of the big house.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ash sat at the Apollo table worrying. Casper had gone off to her table, leaving Ash in her solitude and worry. Unlike her siblings, she had no food in front of her. She was so lost in thought, she didn't notice when Mickey slid into the seat next to her.

"Hey," he said, snapping Ash out of her trance, "What's new?" Ash laughed.

"Oh. Nothing really. Roland got attacked by a hydra this morning." Mickey's face took on a concerned expression.

"Oh no," he said, "Is he okay?"

"Yeah. He's fine. That hydra poison is making his brain mush though. Just a few minutes ago, he asked me if apples could fly and he couldn't think of the word 'feather'." Mickey laughed and slapped his knee.

"No," he chortled, "He did that?" Ash nodded, grinning.

"Oh man!" Mickey was chuckling, "wait until he comes to his senses again. I'll embarrass the heck out of him!"

"Don't go too hard on him, Mickey," replied Ash, "You know he has a reputation for getting you back." Mickey smiled and put an arm around Ash's shoulders in a brotherly sort of way.

"Yeah, but it's always worth it," he said, "You up for capture the flag?" Ash shrugged.

"I dunno. I'm no the best at it. I'll just slow everyone down."

"Aw, c'mon! I'll help you along!"

"But we may not be on the same team!"

"Well, if that happens," he said with a sly grin, "I'm gonna kick your butt." Ash laughed and shoved at him.

"You wouldn't!"

"Oh yes I would!" He puffed out his chest, "You see these muscles?" He flexed and Ash laughed again. Mickey always made her feel so happy inside. It was a lot of fun talking to him.

"Oh, hi." Ash turned around to see Clem right behind them. Ash turned her face down to the ground.

"H-hi." She was always nervous when talking to Clem. Probably because she wanted to be friends with this girl but she was just too shy to strike up a conversation.

"Oh hey Clem!" Mickey grinned, "You excited for tonight's game?" Clem nodded and grinned. Ash stood up abruptly.

"I'm going to check on Roland," she said quickly, "See you around!" She turned and swiftly walked out of the mess hall. She could faintly hear Mickey calling out to her;

"Hey! You didn't eat anything!" Ash ignored that and kept on walking. Right into the Big House and into the infirmary once more. Roland was awake and was attempting to draw a circle on his bedsheets with some water.

"I d'nt undersand," he said, looking confused, "Why c'nt I daw thgs?" Ash took his hand and gently wiped off the water.

"You don't have paper," she said, "or a pencil." Roland looked very confused now.

"Wht's a pncil?" At that moment, a new camper walked into the infirmary, obviously looking for something.

"Hey, have you seen-?" she stopped when she saw Roland.

"Oh," she said, "Am I interrupting anything?" Ash shook her head.

"No dear. What's your name?" The girl started to say;

"Oliv-" When Roland cut her off.

"Are yu an angl??" he said, "Yur pwetty..." At that moment, his eyes crossed and he passed out again. The girl looked uncomfortable.

"I am so sorry," apologized Ash, "Were you looking for something?"

Spoiler! :
@Eternity, @TheFantasy14, @HazelGrace16; I mentioned your characters here. Please tell me if you want to fix anything.
Will Solace IRL

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:47 pm
Vellichor says...

Logan Bates

Typical morning in the camp. Logan was woken by sounds of the Hecate Cabin in the early morning, and grudgingly swung his own legs out of bed. He knew he would not be able to go back to sleep, and got dressed accordingly. I wish I could use magic, then maybe I wouldn't be so peeved about waking up this early all the time...

Logan pushes out from the door, looking back at his still new-to-him home, Janus' Cabin. He almost smiles; It really does only seem like yesterday he had first come here, and he still remembered the feeling that he had experienced upon entering the Camp's magical boundaries. Sure, the other campers thought he was weird at first, Some of them still do, but he had felt instantly at home.

Logan shoves his hands into the pockets of his jacket and sets off across the camp towards the main gate, taking in the sights as he went. Even the trees themselves held a sort of wonder for Logan, as he had raised himself in the concrete jungle, where the only things resembling trees were made of steel, and threw cold light from orbs at their tops. Eventually, Logan's stroll took him to the gate, where he watched uninterestedly in the new campers arriving, while nodding to the returning ones.

There had been talk about a game of capture the flag later in the week, and the thought brought a rare smile to his face when he had heard about it. I remember my first game of Capture... Just about killed myself trying to keep up with those Ares campe-

Suddenly there's a noise to Logan's side, and he turns quickly to barely catch a girl who seemingly appeared from nowhere. You need to work on your daydreaming, Bates...
She looks up at him, recognition dawning on them both, before she scrambles up out of his catch.

"So-Sorry about that." She says. Hey eyes dart this way and that and she brushes her hair behind her ear. "It's all good. Are you ok?" The girl, Logan knew her from when he had first arrived at camp the previous year as Grace Clementine, seemed to be acting strangely. He brushes the thought aside. We all know that strange to you is normal to everyone else. After all, you're the guy who never smiles, right?

"Yup, thanks. Sorry again." She said much too quickly, before stooping to swipe up the items that had fallen in her trip. Logan furrows his brow and steps back in front of her for a moment. "Do you need help? I'm pretty sure you tripped like five times in the past 100 feet." There were small scuffs in the loose dirt all along the way. Just then, Logan notices Beckett and Amelia walking by, and waves halfheartedly.

Grace, er-, Clem, as her friends called her, laughed at that and maintained that she was fine. Maybe I'm just seeing something that isn't there then. Oh well. People confuse me. He shrugs and stuffs his hands back into his pockets before offering a nod and continuing on his way, just as Clem does the same, albeit at a less relaxed pace.

Am I really just that scary? Other campers had told him that, though they knew he wasn't really angry or disappointed, he was certainly a sufferer of RBF, and people who didn't know him well were likely to see only the unrelated emotion his face betrayed. I suppose I really should make more of an effort to smile, but smiling is for being happy right? I'm not not happy, just.... Oh nevermind. People confuse me...
╔══╗░░░░╔╦╗░░╔═════╗
║╚═╬════╬╣╠═╗║░▀░▀░║
╠═╗║╔╗╔╗║║║╩╣║╚═══╝║
╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩╩╩═╝╚═════╝

82 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:40 pm
Eternity says...

Reed

Reed was now lying in a bunker, some place she didn't know. It was interesting enough that she had ended up in an unknown area, let alone a unknown cabin. It reminded her of her old house, a cabin in the woods with her parents. She cringed at the sudden thought of her parents. They were alcoholics and abusive. Reed had always tried to stay away from them. The clashing smell of a liquor factory within the room next to her and alcohol lingering from my parents kitchen. It made her sick to her stomach everyday.

She ran away after they died in a car crash, something telling her from the dream she had the night before she needed to run. She needed to go the way she was going, and she couldn't turn back. She brought nothing. The clothes she wore and herself, and that was all.

Her tan skin was masked with a couple thin layers of dirt, making her skin dry. Her hair was up in a loose messy bun and her wounds on her back were probably infected. They never cleaned their whip. It would slash on her skin, and they wouldn't care whether or not any wound they scarred her skin with got infected.

Reed's eyesight was blurry still, and all she could make out were figures of color standing above her as they washed her wound on her face. That's not even bad...

Three deep slices within her cheek weren't bad. As her vision cleared, she saw the first girl who helped her above her, and another female. Different than the other. Shorter, brown hair with absolutely beautiful features. Reed stared at the female and glanced away, closing her eyes at sudden stinging in her cheek.

Where am I, again...? Camp Half-Blood? Yes. Reed couldn't think straight, trying to remember why she came this way. My father is Pluto...

It all made sense. She lifted her arm slightly, examining the small bracelet that was made of metal. How the mechanics of it worked, only Pluto knew. It would transform into a helmet of invisibility, saving her from any predator. As she camped one night, sleeping against a tree, the next morning it was placed neatly on her lap, mysteriously. Reed groaned and shifted slightly at the pain once more.

She stared at the ceiling, hissing in pain at any movement due to her back. "Owww."

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:45 am
LordZeus says...

Ray Patel

Why did my name have to be Darkbane? lamented Ray's dark black pegasus. I mean, my parents could've chosen from dozens of fine, old pegasus names. Feather Fledge...heck, I would have taken Grumpy! But Darkbane is just too...well, dark!

Darkbane is a cool name. consoled Ray, brushing Darkbane's mane. After greeting Mickey, Ray had decided to visit the stables. As usual, he and his pegasus were speaking completely in thought, which made Ray the only person able to communicate with the pegasii besides person. And seeing as Percy was at Camp Jupiter for College, he was the only person who could do it in Camp.

Darkbane often complained about his name, but Ray didn't mind so much. He found that there was joy to be found in spending a quiet afternoon at Camp Half-Blood with a friend. Even if that friend was a whiny, talkative horse.

I know, but it doesn't reflect my character at all. complained Darkbane. And not to mention I'm all alone. After Blackjack went to Camp Jupiter with Percy, I'm the only black pegasus left here.

You know, we've had this conversation before. At winter break, and last summer.
replied Ray.

Yes? said Darkbane, as if waiting for Ray to get to the point.

Well, it's always the same thing. Ray continued. You say how you hate your name, i try and comfort you, and then you completely ignore me and keep complaining until I get you sugar cubes.

Yeah. You got them, right? asked Darkbane

Well, yeah, of course. replied ray with a grin, bringing out a handful. But why do we have to keep repeating the same pattern? I mean, I could just bring you sugar cubes.

Darkbane snorted in mock anger at that as he chew on the sugar cubes. Ray, do our greetings traditions mean nothing to you?

Ray was thinking that question over as Darkbane turned his head slightly to see past him. Hey, who's that? he asked. I've never seen her before.

Ray turned to see Olivia, the new camper, along with Beckett. Ray told the pegasus who she was before straining his eyes to see what they were doing. Beckett was pointing at various things and talking to her, so Ray assumed he was giving her the usual tour.

She's cute. Ray noted, just as he had done when he had first met her. He had thought she had been cute with rain pouring down her face and covered muck, but she was incredibly cute now.

Still linked to my mind, Ray. said Darkbane playfully. I just heard all of that. So, you like her?

Ray blushed. He had been so focused on Olivia that he had forgotten to cut off the mental connection, or even block out Darkbane from his current flow of thought.

How did I get so distracted? he wondered to himself.

Maybe because you liiike her. said Darkbane, who seemed to be rather pleased with himself. Even more frustrated with himself now, Ray terminated the connection.

Suddenly Ray heard shouts, and turned to see two people fighting some distance. He noticed that it was between a greek and a roman, and wondered if old rivalries were flaring up again.

Ray then turned to Olivia and Beckett. Beckett cursed loudly enough for Ray to hear and said something to Olivia before running towards the fighting campers, no doubt to break it up.

In the meanwhile Olivia wandered over near the pegasii stables. Deciding to greet her, Ray strode out from Darkbane's stall (the pegasus following closely behind) and said, "Hi."

She turned and said, "Oh, hi Ray." with a slight smile.

"Settled in well in Ares cabin?" Ray asked, trying to make conversation.

"Well, they are a lot like me." she replied with a shrug. "I think I'll get along with them fine."

Then her eyes widened turned towards Darkbane, who had come out of his stall, and she asked, "Is that a-".

"Yes, it's a real pegasus." said Ray, cutting her off with a smile. "Specifically, it's my pegasus. His name is Darkbane."

She walked over to Darkbane, her face clearly showing her awe. She lifted uo her hand and held it close to the pegasus, and then hesitated.

She turned to Ray, looking wary. "Can I?"

Ray nodded. "Go on. He won't bite."

Olivia nodded, and, carefully, lifted her hand and placed it on Darkbane's mane. She then gave a small laugh and stroked his mane, looking as if she couldn't believe that he was there.

"So, did you chose him because he matches your clothes?" asked Olivia as she stared wondrously at Darkbane.

At that, the pegasus nickered angrily, startling Olivia.

Ray linked minds with Darkbane again. Hey, calm down, buddy. She's new.

It's still insulting! I mean, that would make us no better than horses, though we're way smarter.

Ray turned to Olivia with a reassuring smile. "It's okay. Darkbane was just unhappy that that's what you assumed. Actually, pegasii chose their humans."

And I chose you because you wore black. I thought we'd get along well. supplied Darkbane, and Ray translated that in to speech for Olivia.

Olivia's eyebrows furrowed. "Wait, how did you that? Do you speak horse?"

Ray chuckled. He wondered whether to tell her about his powers, but then decided that he didn't want to frighten her.

"Well...something like that." he replied.

His eyes flickered to the wound on her arm. "How's your arm feeling?" he asked.

She replied, "Well, Clem cleaned and bandaged it, so it's better than before." Then she winced a little and touched her hand to her wound. "Still stings quite a bit though."

Ray suddenly remembered that he still had Lou Ellen's vial of healing potion with him and brought it out.

"What's that?" asked Olivia, looking uncertainly at the vial.

"Healing potion." replied Ray, shaking the vial to make it ready for drinking. "I'll help you get rid of your injury, if you'll let me."

Olivia still looked uncertain, but she nodded. Ray uncorked the vial and lifted it up.

"Open your mouth and I'll pour in the required dosage. Too much could be dangerous." he said.

Olivia gave him a suspicious glance but lifted her head up and opened her mouth, and Ray poured a small amount down her throat.

"Now, may I take off your bandages? It will heal easier if I put some on the wound itself." said Ray.

Olivia eyed him warily but then said, "I'll do it." and carefully removed them.

Ray put few drops of the golden liquid along the edges of the wound. While doing so, his hand brushed hers and he felt himself blush a little.

What are you doing? he thought too himself. You're the son of Hecate, the most powerful magic user of the century. You're not just some schoolboy with a crush!

Someone's got a cruuush. sang Darkbane mischievously.

Ignoring the pegasus, Ray held his hand about an inch above the wound and muttered softly in Ancient Greek. Suddenly, the drops of liquid glowed brightly and sank int0o her skin, and the cut closed up, leaving nothing but a long pale scar where the wound had been.

Olivia looked at Ray with wonder. "What did you do?" she asked, her eyes wide.

Ray smiled slightly. "I accelerated the effects with magic. Tires me out a little, but it did the job."

Olivia shook her head incredulously. "So, does everyone in camp have powers like that?"

No one in camp has powers like mine. thought Ray but he didn't say that. "Well, magic is an ability restricted to the children of Hecate, like me. But Apollo's children have healing abilities, the children of Dionysus can make fruits grow-"

"And the children of Ares?" Olivia cut in, obviously eager to learn what abilities she'd inherited.

"Well..." replied Ray, thinking. "They usually know their military tactics. And they have a natural ability to fight."

"What about that red glow i had around me when fighting the harpy?" asked Olivia, looking unsatisfied.

"The blessing of Ares. That is the ability of a child of Ares.' admitted Ray. "But it's only granted in times of battle, and that too very rarely."

Olivia looked disappointed. "So i can't do anything like what you can do?"

Ray shook his head. "But cheer up. You could probably smash me in a fair sword fight once you're trained, or in hand to hand combat, Plus, you'll learn far faster than I ever could. Those are the perks of being a daughter of Ares."

Ray suddenly remembered that he had his fight wit Don, and checked his watch. "Actually, speaking of combat, I've got a fight in the arena in twenty minutes. Come by and see it if you like."

Olivia tilted her head, looking like she was considering it. "This is about what happened at lunch, right?"

Ray nodded. "It's time I teach that creep a lesson."

He noticed Beckett coming back towards them, and said, "Well, it looks like your tour is back on now. See you later." and Olivia nodded before walking over to Beckett.

Ray went back to Darkbane to finish combing his mane.Well, so Ray likes Olivia. taunted the pegasus.

Ray blushed a little. I do not! he protested, trying to keep himself from turning red.

Ray likes Olivia! Ray likes Olivia! sang Darkbane in thought.

Ray gritted his teeth. Darkbane, you are the most annoying, aggravating horse I've ever met.

The pegasus tilted his head and looked ray in the eyes. Yep. Don't you love me? he said mischievously.

~~~~

Ray strode into the arena, his katana and wakizashi in his hands. he could see that the majority of camp had turned out to see the fight. A number of them were his supporters, who cheered him as he entered.

Don entered from the other sighed, greeted with silence. For a moment, Ray felt pity for the guy. It couldn't have been nice to have no one come and support you. Then he turned to Ray with a sneer and that evaporated.

"Ready to be smashed, son of Hecate?" he growled, pulling out a can of pepper spray. He pressed something on the bottom of it and it unfolded into a morningstar which he swung through the air threateningly.

Ray watched him cautiously. He was wearing only light armor, on his shoulders and shins. Don didn't seem to wearing any at all, but Ray knew he could have some under his clothes.

He lifted his swords and prepared to duel. Suddenly, he heard someone say, "Wait!" and turned to see Chiron galloping towards them, a bag slung over his shoulder.

Both of them lowered their weapons and held back as Chiron came up to them. The campers watching respectfully became silent.

"Before you begin, I must go over the rules." said Chiron bringing his bag down. He raised his voice so that the audience could hear, and called out, "This is a challenge between campers, so no major maiming or killing allowed! Also, striking your opponent's head, neck or groin is not allowed. You will fight until one of you concedes, one of you is disarmed, or one of you has placed your weapon in a position where your opponent would be dead if your blade was unsheathed. This position may be on the head or neck, but if it is struck on the head or neck, you will be disqualified. Your weapons will be covered in wooden sheaths so that no one gets too badly hurt."

And he took the wooden coverings out of his bag and gave them to Ray and Don. Ray put the two wooden sheaths on his blade, ad the head of Don's mace was covered by a wooden box which closed on the bottom, with a small hole on the bottom so that the handle could stick out. It was steled on the inside to avoid the pints breaking out. And when Ray looked closely, he could see that the wooden edges and points of the coverings had been rounded off and made blunt, avoiding the risk of cuts.

Don gave Ray a malicious grin, and said, "You're still going down, Ray. My mace still packs quite a punch."

Ray ignored the comment and instead raised his blades, ready for combat.

"May the best man win." said Chiron and galloped back to the side of the arena to watch.

Ray and Don circled each other, both ready to act. Don struck first, swinging his mace towards Ray's side, but Ray managed to dodge nimbly.

Don didn't pause, and in a fluid motion, turned the backswing if his mace over his head and brought it down towards his opponent.

Ray caught the mace on his crossed swords, the force driving him down on one knee, but quickly leaping up as Don brought his mace back, and they started to circle each other again.

This time, Ray struck first, feinting with his katana to Don's right, and as he brought up his mace to counter it, Ray swung his wakizashi on the other side to slam against Don't thigh, causing him to leap back with a cry of pain.

"You're going down." hissed Don as he swung his mace forward towards Ray's chest.

Ray blocked the mace with both swords crossed again, knowing that one sword wouldn't be strong enough to keep him away. He dug his feet into the ground, nt wanting to go back even a step.

For a few seconds, both stood there, their strength pressed behind their weapons, both trying to force the other to give ground. Suddenly, Don pulled put another can of pepper spray and sprayed Ray right in the eyes.

Ray gave a howl of pain, closing his eyes as they stung like crazy, and took a step back. In that moment, he knew he was finished (being sightless) if he didn't do something drastic. Seeing his only course of action, he took it.

he jumped onto Don, bringing him down to the ground with him and was rewarded with a thump a second later as Don's mace hit the ground (or so he thought at the time, although he was proved right). Ray then got up on all fours and crawled until he sat on his opponent's stomach.

Taking advantage of his stunned foe, he then placed the tip of his katana right in front of where he was sitting, where he guessed Don's chest would be, and muttered, "Dead."

"The winner is Ray Patel." called out Chiron's voice from somewhere off to the side, and Ray got up.

Remembering that he still had the healing potion, he took out the bottle and uncorked it before before pouring a bit down his throat, and the tinging immediately subsided. He then opened his eyes cautiously, and, satisfied that he was fine, dusted himseolf off.

Then he strode out of the arena, paying no attention to the applause and wild cheering of his supporters.

Once out, he heard someone say, "Great fight." and turned to see Dennis, son of Ares and one of Ray's greatest supporters.

"Thanks." replied Ray, and took a deep breath. Dennis offered him a towel, which he took to wipe the sweat off his brow.

Ray heard a step from behind him and turned to see Don's sneering face. "That was a sneaky move, jumping on me." he growled.

"So was pepper spraying me." retorted Ray.

"Touché." replied Don with a shrug. "But you used your powers, didn't you, King Arthur?"

Ray ignored and the jibe and said, "No, I didn't. If I had, do you think you'd have been able to pepper spray me?"

"I guess not." replied Don, taking a breath.

"Maybe next time you'll think twice before insulting me next time, now that you know I can beat you with anything." said Ray, a hint of anger in his voice.

Don chuckled. "You're a real asshole, you know that?"

At that, Dennis took an angry step towards him, his hand on the hilt of his sword. Ray gave a slight shake of his had, and Dennis stopped, but he still looked furious.

noticing the exchange, Don taunted, "What, you scared that I might beat up your henchman, King Arthur? You're just afraid to face me aren't me."

"You couldn't face me anyway." snapped Ray. "That isn't even your real face that you're showing everyone anyway. Isn't that right, Darth Vader?"

Don's eyes narrowed. "Who needs one real face, when you can have a hundred fake ones." he muttered, and his mask warped into Ray's face, before he stomped off, muttering angrily.

"He's insufferable." muttered Dennis, glowering after him. "Why didn't you let me teach him a lesson?"

"Because I have already planned to teach him a lesson myself." replied Ray calmly. "I happen to know that Aphrodite cabin is on the side of Athena for this friday's game of Capture the Flag."

"And how does that help?" asked Dennis, looking confused.

Ray sighed. "I will make sure that my cabin sides with Ares." he explained. "Of course, I will make sure that I get the most that Ares can give me in exchange for mys support before that though."

Dennis wisely didn't say a word, though they were speaking of his cabin. He was too supportive of his boss to care much anyway.

Ray then continued, "In the Game my cabin will help Ares achieve an astounding victory over Athena, Aphrodite and all. And one that's done, Don and his cabin will be humiliated. That's all the revenge I need."

Dennis then nodded, and Ray walked away. Ray hadn't been reading Dennis's min, so he was oblivious to the fact that Dennis was making his own plans to get back at Don for Ray. Plans that involved several more of Ray's supporters, and included getting at Don in a much more personal and...painful way.

It's time that creep learned what happens when you mess with the boss. though Dennis as he stalked off to make preparations.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:59 pm
Europa says...

Mickey Halen

I shook the water from my hair as Clem laughed. The kid sitting next to her was staring at me with her eyebrows raised.

"Hey, Mickey. What's up?" Grace snickered after she caught her breath. I waded into shore, and shook the water out of my hair. Keeping a finger on the bridge of my sunglasses as I did so to keep them from flying off my face.

"Hey, Clem. Good to see you again!" I jogged onto the dock and gave her a hug. She squeaked.

"You're wet!"

"You noticed? " I grinned. "Not that it matters. I mean, you were wet already, so..." I squeezed her tighter. Clem pushed me off playfully. I waved at the other girl. "Hey. You new here?" The blonde nodded looking me up and down suspiciously. "I could take you to Beckett." I offered. "He usually gives the tours around here." The new kid stayed silent, still giving me that weird look-into-your-soul stare.

"It's alright. I can take her. You go say hi to everyone." Clem broke the silence. I shrugged. "Alright. Thanks, Clem!" jogged across the courtyard.

"And dry off a little before you go hugging people!" She shouted after me.

I hadn't gone more than five feet before I spied Ray walking towards the stables. I ran up to him, shouting a cordial "Yo!" Ray turned around.

"No, Mickey."

"What?"

"You just fell in the lake and you want to give me a wet hug. No."

"Heh. Worth a shot. So," I ruffled his hair. "How's my favorite cousin?"

"Nephew." he corrected, pushing my hand off.

"Nah. Cousin. Nephew makes me feel old."

Ray chuckled. "You're ridiculous. You know that?" He smirked.

"Yeah, you may have mentioned it once. Or twice. Or every time I see you."

Ray grinned. "Between you and me, I missed you."

"Does that mean I get a hug?"

Ray turned and continued walking to the stables. "Dry off first!" He called over his shoulder.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:00 am
TheForgottenKing says...

Eliza Jane

"I absolutely hate car rides." Jacob said, half his body leaning out the car as the wind smacked him in the face. For a Centurion who's one of the best fighters I've ever seen, I had finally discovered his weakness. Car rides. Hiding a grin, I pat him on the back.

"Don't worry Centurion, I'm sure the car couldn't go any faster." I hid my glee as the driver grinned and hit the gas. Jacob let out a Yelp as he clung to the car, as his stomach boiled."I'm going to kill you Liz." He grunted, as the car slowed down.

"First you have to beat the Third in a siege." I cackled. He raised an eyebrow." Last I recalled, Third got their butt handed to them by the 1st." I shrugged." Ya, but you run the Fifth and as I recall, you and Frank messed up just a little. I take that back. A lot! We totally could've taken that fort!! I mean we had Hannibal for goodness sakes!!"

He opened his mouth to retort, but our driver announced that we were arriving at Camp Half Blood. I turned to Jacob." Think Jason is gonna be there?" He shook his head." Last I heard, he was hunting down the Ismenian Drakon down in Chile." I shrugged, as the van pulled to a stop in front of the border to drop off the 7 of us who would be attending for the summer.

We began to unpack our bags and armour, as the welcoming committee began to approach us. Now, sure there was a war in which we had almost destroyed them all, but that's what Romans do right? Conquer the weaker nations? I shook the thoughts from my head. I approached them as my fellow legionaries continued unpacking the vehicles. I saluted then spoke.

"I'm Eliza Kearn, with the Third Cohort of the Twelfth Legion. Reporting to Camp Half-Blood as your new training instructor." I said, quickly and sharply, back strait. I was a legionnaire of course. Just because the Camps were united, didn't mean I had to be friendly. I'm suspicious by nature. My mother is a War goddess after all. I only rusted my own, and if the stories had anything right about them, our two camps had been warring for centuries. Greek versus Roman. Obviously no one ever came out on top. I had been considered too young to join the attack on Half-Blood, where the legion had fought against the Goddess Gaea, and been victorious.. With help from the Greeks I suppose.

I cleared my thoughts as the Camper spoke, introducing himself as Beckett Finn, and introduced the rest of his group. Amelia had been the one glaring at me earlier. I let a grin slip. Just to get under her skin... I frowned. I was supposed to be teaching them Roman tactics. A bit ironic, seeing as a few years ago, we had been quite close to demolishing them off the face of the earth. Now we were teaching them our ways of warfare. And who better to teach them than the daughter of the goddess of war??

Beckett, the son of Minerva, began to lead us around the camp. Jacob was my senior, but he followed me around. More so because I had given the position of instructor, and a son of Mercury would much rather hang around. I was positive he would get along with the Hermes cabin... Because they had the same dad right? Technically.

Beckett wandered off to help some girl, while Amelia, daughter of Nike, led the group.

She was introducing the cabins when a large kid barged through our group. He was about to push me out of the way when I grabbed his arm and threw him to the ground. He rolled up with a red face. Amelia made a face." That's what you get for walking through Dennis. Don't be a dolt and go around next time." He glared at her than pointed at me." You'll get yours Roman."

I spread my arms, opening myself to him." Oh ya? And who's gonna give it to me? A graecus?" My fellow Romans tried to hide their laughter as he cocked his head in confusement. I grinned at him." Sorry bud, but only those with actual talent can face me."

He let out a growl and moved to shove me as I dodged and shoved him to the ground." No wonder no one wanted to come this summer. Not used to facing weaklings." Amelia looked torn, partly to get the Greek to back off, partly to defend her ancestry and camp.

With a shout, Dennis drew his blade. The Legionnaires backed up, forming a loose circle around us grinning. I had earned my brands for nothing. I twisted the bracelet on my left wrist, and grinned as it transformed into the large shield of the Roman army. Shield against a sword.

Dennis came at me and I blocked his strike, slowly beginning to calculate his movements. He was aggressive, perhaps to aggressive as I hid behind my shield.

"Fight me Roman!" He growled, as his sword skitted of my shield. I grinned as I found his weakness. As he drew back, his left foot arched, showing his hand, that he was going to swing, and swing hard by the looks of it. As his foot began to pivot, I ducked low, as his blow hissed through the wind above me, and I rammed my shield into him, toppling him over. I moved to slam my shield into him again, when Beckett broke through the loose circle of onlooking Greeks and Romans.

"What in the Gods name is going on here??" He demanded. I twisted my wrist, and my shield shrunk into the bracelet. I smiled at him." Nothing. Just a friendly sparring match. He was eager to learn." I said, smiling innocently.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

69 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:13 pm
NympheaLily says...

Ash Vallin
Ash rubbed her eyes and yawned. She'd been inside with Roland almost all day. Boy, was the morning an exciting one. She looked around the room, taking in her surroundings once again. White beds, wooden chairs, and small bed stands with lamps. Nothing new, nothing exciting. Ash turned back to Roland and sighed. Poor boy, his face was very pale, well, paler than usual. Ash heard a person come into the room.

"Ash, you should really go outside. This mustn't be good for you." Ash turned around to see Chiron, in his wheelchair form, in the doorway to the room. Ash stood as he wheeled in and stopped next to Roland's bed.

"I know you're worried about him," Chiron said, "But you can't let that take away your day. It's the first day of camp. You should be going around and meeting new people." Ash stared at him for a long moment and shook her head.

"I doubt they would want to meet me," she murmured, "I'm not one of those big shot heroes we have around here. I think of myself just a background character."

"Ah, but even background characters are the main characters in their own stories," said Chiron with a smile, "You may not be important in one of the main ones you hear about all the time, but in someone else's story, you are one of the main characters." Ash looked down and Chiron put a hand on her shoulder.

"But who's story am I in?" she said, "Who am I to be as good as Amelia? Or Beckett or Grace? They're the real heroes of this story, while I..." Her voice trailed off and she sat back down in the chair.

"It's no use, " she said, "I just need to be alone." Chiron nodded and started to wheel out of the room, but then he stopped.

"Just think about what I said, okay?" he called over his shoulder, "Someday it may prove to be useful." Ash waited until he was gone to go and close the door. She cleared her throat. Ash never liked to sing in public. It usually resulted in her bewitching someone or something and having them do another thing that would be hazardous to other people's physical health.

"Shall thine birds sing
and trees sway
Spread thy wing
And come to stay

Where the weeping
Willow grows
Find me sleeping
No one knows

The riverside
Shines with light
Thine sea with tide
With all thy might

Where the weeping
Willow grows
Find me sleeping
No one knows

I wish for thy sun
To warm my heart
No clouds, there's none
To keep us part

Where the weeping
Willow grows
Find me sleeping
No one knows.
"

Ash ended her bewitching song. This one was her favorite, for it spoke of peace. Well, to her it did. She heard a cough and she spun around. Whoever had been at the door, was gone now, but Ash felt rattled. Someone had heard her sing that was not Roland? Unbelievable, she couldn't fathom it. Ash looked around and glanced out the window. There she saw a shape of a person running from the big house.

"Oh no," she said to herself. She turned on her heel and fled out the door.
Will Solace IRL

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:50 am
TheForgottenKing says...

Beckett

I threw apart two demigods in my way as I came across a scene I had severely hoped I wouldn't have to view. A Roman and a Greek at each other's throat. Ready to kill. I could see the rage and urge to kill in each other's eyes.

"What in the gods name is going on here?!" I shouted angrily. Eliza blinked at me innocently than transformed her giant shield into a bracelet." Nothing." She said." Just a friendly sparring match."

I let my eyes settle into Dennis, and with an angry grunt he got up and walked off, glaring daggers at Eliza. I let a sigh build up and dissipate. I forced a smile onto my face as I turned to the Romans.

"Anyways, on our way with the tour. Over here is where you'll be staying. We had a cabin specially made for you guys."

The Roman cabin was built with pillars and all, with the Twelfth Legion's banner hanging down the front. I watched as the Romans marched in before turning to Amelia. I ran a hand through my hair and blew air as she watched my face." I was really hoping we wouldn't have any fights break out today." I said.

She smiled gently at me." What can you expect? Romans and Greeks have never gotten along. We just need to make the best of a really weird situation." I nodded as I pulled out my planner, scanning it. I pulled out a pen and scratched out Greet the Romans before putting it back in my pocket.

I smiled at Amelia. "Well time to head back to our respective cabins. I'll see you at dinner." She touched my hand and smiled before jogging off to find her cabin. I put my hands into my pocket as I sauntered towards my cabin's current activity, which happened to be Monster killing class. Chiron was explaining the best way to take down a Minotaur as I approached. He raised his hand in greeting as I sat down behind Leon.

"The most important thing to remember when fighting the Minotaur is this. Stay away from the horns." That garnered him some chuckles from my siblings, including myself. He looked quite pleased with himself as the conch horn blew, signaling free time. I led my siblings back to our cabin, as they sat down on any available piece of furniture and turned to me attentively.

"Well my fellow siblings, as we know, this Friday is Capture the flag. And we need to decide who our allies are going to be." There was some hushed chatter amongst them as the quietly shared ideas before turning back to me." Hermes is a no brainer." Derek said.

Someone snickered." Ya. Offer to do their chores for a week or so, and they'll fall into our laps." I nodded. We usually sided with Hermes anyways. As much as Sam and I were friends, Ares and Athena still had a huge rivalry. We got along with them... Usually.

"I say we grab Apollo if Sam hasn't beaten us to them. Grab a couple smaller cabins." Derek said. The others agree quickly. Having a dozen archers always helped. I cleared my throat as I prepared to deliver the crushing news." Well guys, Sam and I drew sticks and I lost. So we have Aphrodite this time."

Instantly the cabin was filled with groans and complaints." They're just going to stare at themselves the entire time!" Tiffany Bateman said. She was a 2nd year camper, and a great fighter. There was a loud mumble of agreement from our siblings." Do we have to include them?" Derek said weakly. I rolled my eyes." Yes we do guys."

I cleared my throat." Now onto another piece of buisnees. We haven't really gotten to it, but I'd like to personally welcome one of our newer campers, Leon. Chiron had asked us to hold onto him till he gets claimed. So welcome Leon, to Camp Half Blood." He blushed as my campers welcomed him Personally.

"So, as you can tell Leon, Capture the flag is one of our favorite things here in the Athena Cabin." I said. Duke Chapman shouted out, "Cabin Six!" There were some quick cheers as I continued." Alright Derek. Make the arrangements. Hermes and Apollo. Grab some of the smaller cabins to fill up our ranks. And please, for the love of the gods, avoid Hypnos if you can." I clapped my hands together." Okey dokey guys. Let's get ready for strategy and tactics."
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
— Dr. Seuss