z

Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood College Prep: Senior Year

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:08 am
AlmondEyes says...

~Damien~

Well didn't I just have the best luck? First, I move in next to the finest piece of ass I've seen in a long time, and now i've got this bimbo practically ready to blow me right outside my neighbor's house? Standing there with those long legs and awesome rack. She was asking. Literally. She may not be Hawthorne, but she would do for now.
That's some luck. I smiled inwardly as I looked down at the standing before me, motioning to my house, "Shall we?"

She followed me around the side of my house and to the front, which I opened like the gentlemen that my mother never taught how it be.

"My parents aren't home, so we don't have to worry about them." I closed the door behind her.

Not that they would care anyway the were probably off screwing their little play things that they thought the other one didn't know about. They were disgusting, and they were pathetic, and they were sloppy idiots. I'm just glad I didn't turn out like them. I'm going to accomplish what they never could, and soar to heights they never did and never would have been able to.

Pulling my white knuckled fingers from the doorknob, flexing them as I moved away from the door and passed blondie. "Let me show you around."

The living room was the first stop. Before I could get a word out, she came up from behind me and threw me down on the nearest couch before climbing on top of me.

"I don't care about the house." she yanked my shirt off of me before pulling off her own.

"Well ok then." I watch as she begin undoing my belt. "Let's get this party started."

"Man," I laughed after climbing off of her, standing up to zip up my pants and buttoning them. "You sure are something."

"Thanks." she said as she pulled on her shirt and let down her skirt.

"Anytime blondie." I winked.

She gave an impersonal smile and headed for the door. "I may take you up on that again sometime. Gotta go."

She closed the door behind herself while I watched her ass sway in that skirt she was wearing. She would do nicely. My so called parents wouldn't be home for he rest of the day, not that I really cared. Since I had the house to myself, I decided a swim in our new pool was in order.

Spoiler! :
Sorry it was so short you guys!! I hope it wasn't too bad xD @Nike
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:26 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Colette

I was checking the calendar, my phone in my hand.

Final bridesmaid dress fitting today at 4. Bring strapless bra and shoes, remind Dafnie because she'll never remember.

I chuckled. Thorne was always neat and organized, dependable. Dafnie, however, was unpredictable. But she was always there to make me laugh. The one who helped me experiment with hair and makeup until I was the best me possible.

My phone started vibrating just then and Rupert's face lit up the screen.

I tapped the green talk button.

"Hey babe," I said, balancing the phone between my ear and my shoulder as I made up the pull out bed and then lifted up the bar, folding the bed over and then pushing it back into the couch.

"What's up?" I asked, when he didn't answer. "Hello?"

"Cole?"

"Hey! I thought you pocket dialed me for a second there." I said, chuckling a bit, "what's up?"

"Something just happened..." Rupert trailed off.

"Something with the wedding? I'm really sorry about all that, today is the final bridesmaid fitting. Everything is all planned now, so for the next week until the wedding I'm all yours."

"I was hanging out with Thorne and then Dafnie came over and she told me she's in love with me."

"What?" I asked, laughing. "That's funny, Dafnie would never do that. Is this some kind of joke?"

"Cole, I'm serious." The smile dropped from my face.

"You can't be, she's my best friend, she would never do this to me."

"Well. She did," he said, his voice shaking a bit.

"Hang on, I have to go, I'm sorry. Thorne looks like she's about to murder Dafnie." He hung up and I put the couch cushions into place, stunned.

About half an hour later there was a knock on the door.

I numbly stood up to answer it. It was Rupert. I let him in and sank down on the couch.

"Hey, Cole." he drew me into a hug, but I didn't move.

"It's going to be okay," he said.

"No it's not." I whispered.

"I know it sucks but-"

"You don't understand. Adrian has a family now, he's getting married. Thorne is amazing, I absolutely love her. But Dafnie was the one who was here for me every single morning after my accident. She got me dressed, she helped me bathe, she did my hair and makeup. I was there for her through everything with Paul. Dafnie is my best friend in the whole world and I am hers. The only person I want to talk to about this terrible situation is her. But I can't, for obvious reasons."

he sat there quietly as I ranted.

"I have been pulling my hair out over this wedding, I want my cousin to have the best wedding possible. It's been fun, yes, but more than anything it has been stressful. I needed my best friend through that. Hell, I was raped. I need her for that. I. Need. Dafnie. The one person who was never supposed to betray me, did." my lip was trembling at that point, I could feel the tears dripping from my stinging eyes though I tried to stop them.

"I needed you," he said quietly. I look up at him, his pale skin was blotchy the way it always got when he was trying not to cry.

"You've been busy with the wedding and accidentally sending nudes to Phil."

"I was hardly naked and it was an accident! Are you seriously bringing this up now?" I furiously tried to swipe at my tears.

"Colette," his voice broke, "I just don't feel close to you anymore."

"Is it because you can't touch me? Because you can, touch me. I'm serious. Do it. Put your hands on me. I don't care anymore." I was desperate, grasping at straws. When he didn't move I climbed into his lap, straddling him.

"Touch me," I said. He just looked at me, his eyes looking watery. I kissed him then, feverishly. Desperately needing to feel that spark, that connection we had.

"Stop." he said, "Colette, stop."

"It's over, isn't it." I whispered, not moving from his lap.

He didn't answer and I moved back to my spot on the couch.

"Get out." I said quietly, not looking at him. I listened to his clothes rustle as he stood up and walked to the door, the lock clicking shut behind him.

A few hours later, my phone alarm went off and Thorne texted.

Are we still doing the dress fitting?

I sent a message back.

Yes, You, me, Dafnie and Harley. Can you pick me up?

Thorne texted back saying she'd be at my house in 5 minutes. I grabbed my shoes and my strapless bra before meeting her outside the building.

"Why is Harley going to be here?" she asked, driving towards the Maye's place.

"Jessie ordered another dress last minute without telling me and asked if she could be included in the wedding. She's working with Mrs. Maye outside of our scheduled time to get it altered in time." I turned to stare out the window, seeing my reflection. Black makeup pooled underneath my eyes and I tried to wipe it away with my sleeve.

"I never slept with Rupert. It didn't even cross my mind," Thorne said stopping at a traffic light.

"I know," I whispered, "It's not you."

"So what about you and Rupert?" she asked.

"We broke up."

Thorne parked the car and we walked into the boutique, heading to the back room. Dafnie wasn't there and I bit my lip, her absence was the elephant in the room.

The fitting went as planned. I didn't really care. I just stumbled through it in a daze. Thorne zipped the dress up, I confirmed that it fit perfectly and smiled weakly for Mrs. Maye as she removed the final pins.

Hawthorne offered to take me home. I asked her to take me to Starbucks instead.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" she asked me.

"No. I'm just going to get a cab somewhere."

"Well where are you going? I'll take you," she offered.

"It's none of your business," I snapped. She looked hurt, furrowing her brow, before pulling away from the curb.

I caught a cab, telling the cabbie the address.

Everything was choppy. I just felt numb. I needed to feel something, I needed somebody who would make me feel something.

I walked up the driveway with my crutches and my bag, knocking on the door of the house.

"Cole?" Phil answered the door, a surprised look on his face.

"You called me beautiful."

"What?" he asked, confused. "Are you looking for Rupert? He isn't here, I don't know where he is. Are you okay?"

"You called me beautiful, at the gas station. After I accidentally sent those photos. You told me Rupert would love to get them because I looked beautiful."

"I meant what I said," he told me, "If you want me to call hi-"

"We broke up." I interjected.

"Then what are y-" I cut him off again, snaking my hands into his red hair as I kissed him. I felt that fire that I felt before. I felt the warmth of his lips against mine, that real, human connection I craved.

At first, he froze, unsure of what to do. But then he started kissing me back, pulling me into the house and tossing my crutches by the door. We stumbled back to a bedroom. I wasn't really paying attention, but it looked too clean to be anything but a guest room at first glance.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked me, pausing as he panted, his forehead against mine.

I undid the first few buttons of my top, my chest heaving.

"Yes," I breathed.

And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

271 Reviews

Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:07 pm
Gravity says...

Adrian

"What was that." she whispered as we sat in the car.

"That was the most awkward family dinner in the history of mankind," I joked, trying to get rid of the worry lines between her eyes.

"You never told me Fleur was... perfect looking. And your parents hate me."

"Fleur is just... Fleur. What do you mean she is perfect looking?"

"Don't act like you didn't notice. She is curvy and tall and her hair... I've probably seen her in some edition of vogue or cosmo or something." Jessie said, biting her lip.

"Most girls would say the same about you," I told her. "If I had noticed Fleur's supposed good looks, I wouldn't have been a virgin when I first met you."

She sniffled, looking up at me. "Promise?"

I chuckled softly, "I promise. As for my parents, they hate everyone. They are a minor part of this wedding, I promise. Having them here is simply a formality. I feel closer to your father than I do to them."

"My Dad did always want a son. He really loves you, you know." she said.

"I know. I care deeply for him as well. He trusts me to take care of you."

I pulled Jessie over the center console to where I was sitting in the passenger's seat so she was in my lap.

"I trust you to take care of me," she said softly, "I trust us to care for each other."

I exhaled softly, watching is the moonlight and the passing cars illuminated the planes of her face.

"We are going to be married in four days," I said, "Can you believe it?"

she shook her head, gazing at her engagement ring, the silver vines wrapping delicately around the diamond.

"No, I can't," she said, kissing me.

"This isn't just a phase," I told her, "I will never stop choosing you, you know."

"I know." she said. She kissed me deeper, our arms wrapped around each other. Suddenly, we were just teenagers making out in the car. We weren't engaged, we didn't have a child. It was just us. Just sloppy kisses on her lips and on her neck.

"If you give me a hickey before the wedding," she said, letting out a little moan, "I will kill you."

My lips continued kissing her neck, then the spot just below her ear, and then her jaw.

"Can we please get a room?" she asked, and I chuckled, resting my lips against the line of her collarbone. To be honest, I was feeling it too.

"We can't, darling. We have Isaac at Thorne's, we can't ask her to take him all night."

"I know," Jessie sighed.

"We will have plenty of time for this on our honeymoon," I said, kissing her again. "Remember?"

"I can't wait," she said smiling, giving me a peck on the cheek. "But I need to get us home first.

I opened the door and she clambered off my lap and onto the ground. Her cheeks were flushed, her lips a little swollen from kissing. The fabric of her dress was mussed and a little bit of her hair was out of place.

She walked around the front of the car, smoothing out her skirt before sitting down in the front seat and starting the car.

"Ready to go home?" she asked.

"I'm ready to take you to bed," I joked.

"Okay," she said, biting her lip to keep from giggling, "Promise we won't wear ourselves out too much before the honeymoon?"

"I promise," I said, giving her one more kiss on the cheek.

Spoiler! :

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:23 am
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle

James picked me up to bring me back home. I was an emotional wreck and I didn't even know what to do with myself anymore. I ran to the fridge and took a shot of vodka.

"Don't do this to yourself Izz, you need to stay sober awhile."

I shot an evil glare at him, "You know, I just lost my baby, I just broke up with someone I was totally inlove with and now it has all been ruined. You don't ever tell me what to do ever again!"

His voice completely pissed me off.

"Iz.. I am just saying take it slow."

I cried and sat on my couch, he joined me and gave me a big hug. it felt good to have just a normal simple hug.

"Kiss me."my voice was demanding but all I wanted was sexual attention right now.

"No, You are fragile and I'm not going to do that to you. I love you Isabelle."

If I weren't already a mess right now I think I would have felt something when he said it, I just felt cold and distant from everyone. No one knew what I was feeling or what I was going through.

Closing my eyes, I felt a tear roll down my cheek, I was already over this life thing. What did I even have to live for?

My baby is gone. Philip and I are over and he was probably off messing with other people because he hasn't even thought to call or even come by since I have been home.

If he really cared he would have called by now. Right in my thoughts my phone made a loud ping, someone had texted.

I reached for it and I saw April's name. My heart ached but I mustered a smile to myself. I've missed my best friend.

Belle, I can't be there with you right now because I am far away, you're in my heart and I hope to see you real soon. I know we have been not on great terms but i do miss you. I'd like to let you meet the guy of my life someday soon. You'd love him. His name is Edward and I am in love with him.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:54 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz
Spoiler! :
THE BEFORE SCHOOL PARTY EVENT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW. SO GRAB YOUR CHARACTERS AND SEND THEM TO RUPERTS. DRESS CODE IS FORMAL, SUMMER FORMAL.

It was over. Officially. And, I didn't know how to feel. It's like there was a hole in my body and it wouldn't ever repair. Her face when she kicked me out was terrifying, all red and filled with anger. More like seethed. It felt like a mistake, a huge mistake I'd never be able to fix.

"This is Dafnie, leave a message!" she said and a beep came right after.

I gripped the phone and took in a deep breath. "Daf, remember about the bridesmaids dress fittings, okay? It means a lot to Cole." I paused, maybe there was something I should say, maybe not. "Bye," I hung up.

Putting my phone down, I looked up. The TV in front of me was playing some sort of movie, I wasn't even sure what was happening anymore. I came straight home after leaving Colette's. It was a huge mistake. Such a huge mistake.

She broke up with me? Or did I do it? I don't even remember.

My first instinct was to call Philip. But, he was... not answering. And Hawthorne may be a bad idea. Especially since hanging out with her caused this problem.

So, I tried Philip again.

Dial tone after dial tone and then it answered.

"Hey, Philip. Sorry to bother you but..." I stopped talking cause I heard some panting. "Phil?" I asked, my heart racing. I heard a moan, a familiar moan. Did I interrupt Philip during sex? Why did he answer? It may have been an accident, he may have been trying to hand it up.

But why don't I hang up? Cause it was a familiar moan.

"Phil?" I tried again, a little louder.

"Phil," I heard a girl moan out. A girl with an accent. My heart jumped to my throat as I listened more closely to the call.

"Ohh, Ph-Phil. Harder," She moaned.

My jaw dropped as I imagined Colette on top of Philip. It couldn't be, I couldn't believe it.

"PHILIP ANSWER THE GOD DAMNED PHONE YOU FUCKING TWAT!" I yelled into the phone, my voice was filled with rage.

But nothing happened, just more panting and moaning. I hung up the phone and stood up from my couch.

He did this to me, again. Why the fuck would he? I just rekindled our friendship. And he goes... and breaks it. And this time, he breaks it with the one person I have loved, really truly loved. But he wasn't the only suspect. Colette broke my heart, she slept with my best friend. She left me. She broke my heart to be with someone else, someone I knew.

At this point I could either cry my heart out, or kill. And I didn't wanna do either.

My phone dinged and I looked down at the screen.

Missed it! It was Dafnie. She didn't care about anything, did she? Fuck that wedding, I highly doubt Cole would want me there now.

I sighed, this was true.

I didn't reply, just stuffed my phone into my pocket. I had to leave before I self destruct. Picking up my car keys from the table, I walked over to the garage door. It happened to be located at basement level because my driveway was an uphill. And my parents wanted to be fancy with a basement garage.

"Rupert dear! Don't forget to come home by eight! We are having the school party! All your friends will be here!" My mother called from upstairs.

Aren't we lucky too have a speaker system in my house? I'd like to avoid that party.

"If you are going to the store, please do get some sodas --for the teens. I can't wait to meet Colette."

Now she can destroy her and I'll be okay with it.

I couldn't wait to see my friends and their parents over in two hours. I just could not wait.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

267 Reviews

Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:15 am
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto
Spoiler! :

Damien was just the first one on my list, and I managed to cross him out within an hour. I might do him again, it was fun and no strings was worth it. I had the damned dress fitting, but by the time I finished (pun intended), it was over and done with.

And I do not understand why Rupert cared one bit about it.

I sent a text to Damien, Get used to this, sucker.

I had almost forgot, Rupert's' party was today. Well, rather, his mothers'. But we all had to show and my mother was all excited about it. So bad Dafnie needed to break for one night.

When I finally reached home, I could breathe. The scent of fresh made cookies flew through the air of the home. I could hear my mother humming from her room just down the hall. I found my way to her room and saw her spinning in a red dress in front of a full length mirror. Her room was the biggest in the tiny house, and very modern looking. My mother added a few old style flare items here and there, but she liked it clean.

"Hey ma, looks like you're ready." I leaned against the door frame to her room.

She turned towards me and smiled, her makeup on point. "Yes, a whooping two hours before I'm ready. Ha, I made cookies too. Mrs. Franz always loves them even though we all hate her."

I chuckled, "Cause they are the best mom, and they are gluten free, she loves your celiac disease, it gives her a diet."

She shook her head as she laughed, "Oh Danny, go get ready."

And I did get ready. It was oh so tempting to just wear lingerie, but I couldn't. I loved my mom, I couldn't make her look like a mess... again. I had to keep my bad Daf to myself. It wasn't even legit Bad Daf, I was fine. I controlled myself. I just wanted some fun.

So I went with my navy blue floor length dress. It was to die for. My mother had bought it for me last Christmas.

Just as we were leaving the house, I posted a snapchat of the both of us. The camera was facing the mirror so you could see our whole outfits. I captioned it 'Time To Get Life Drunk' and plastered it on my story.

"Daf, if I drink you drive, okay?" My mom asked me as we got into the car.

"I will not drive cause I'll be drinking too." I smiled.

She laughed and turned the key in the ignition. I got a snap reply so I swiped my screen and read the message. It was from Oliver.

You're hawt... and I'm talking to your mom when I say this.

I laughed, "Ma, Oli says you're hot."

She shook her head with a smile on her face. "He knows my number."

Another reply came up, this one from Colette. My heart skipped a beat as I stared at her Snapchat name anxiously. I couldn't read it, she hates me. After a second of hesitation, I clicked it and read her message.

You and your mom look amazing. By the way, I think we should talk. This Rupert thing is not worth losing our friendship over.

I smiled, feeling a tear roll down my cheek. I was wearing eye lines, I could not cry.

You're right Cole <3

Time to party it up, Franz style, fourth year in a row. I can't imagine starting school without this party, or event, or whatever. Last time we were there, Philip got so high that Mr.s Franz had to drive him to her doctor friend to calm him down.

And we all knew that that doctor friend was really her side guy.

271 Reviews

Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:40 pm
Gravity says...

Colette

I was so exhausted from the events of the day before and Philip... had overexerted himself to say the least.

I lay in bed with him, wrapped in sheets, his arm flung over my waist in the most casual spooning position I'd ever felt in my life. He snored softly, his red hair a stark contrast against the dark gray sheets. The morning sun was creeping into the sky as I stared out the window.

Rupert and I were broken up. But not only that, I had just slept with Philip.

Philip.

The guy who got just about everybody pregnant.

My phone gave a soft buzz as it lit up, alerting me that I had a text message.

My mother doesn't know we are broken up. I don't want to tell her right before the wedding so do you mind making an appearance at her party?

I sighed and texted back. I really can't, I'm sorry.

He was typing for a long time and I anxiously stared at the screen, clutching the sheets closer to my body.

This party has been planned for weeks and I highly doubt you made plans in the time that you were having sex with Philip all night long. I will see you there.

I immediately felt sick. How did he know? Did Philip tell him? I glanced over at his sleeping figure, his mouth open as he snored softly.

No way, I decided, I was with him all night long.

How did you know? I texted back.

Well, I didn't for sure until just now. Let's just say Philip should really turn his phone off when he's in the throes of passion. You never know when someone might call.

I groaned. Not only did Rupert know Phil and I had slept together, but he had heard us as well. And I got loud. Really loud.

I slowly tried to sit up, removing Philip's arm from around my waist. I blindly reached for my clothes before remembering I had taken them off in the front hallway. My crutches were there too. How was I supposed to sneak out without my crutches? I fell back into bed, sighing dejectedly. The Universe had a really sick sense of humor.

He stirred a bit as I put his arm back over my waist. Again. On he snored.

I kept debating whether or not I should wake him up. I didn't want to deal with grumpy, mad Phil. But it was quickly approaching 10 am and if I was going to Rupert's Mom's party I had to go get ready. Plus I wanted to see Dafnie, to work things out with her.

My question was answered for me when Phil stirred. I waited for him to wake up fully.

"Mrmpgh." he rolled over and I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. I felt him sit up suddenly and he leaned over, looking curiously at my face.

"Hi?" I said awkwardly, clutching the sheet around me.

"Oh my god." he said, "I thought I was dreaming."

"Sorry?"

"Well, firstly, you were ridiculously good. Better than most, which is surprising since you only slept with Rupert and no one else. Secondly, I promised my self I'd never sleep with Rupert's girlfriend's. Ex girlfriend's, whatever."

Phil didn't know about the rape. That made sense, the only people who knew were Dafnie, Thorne and Rupert and I had sworn them all to secrecy.

"Oh my god," he said, pinching his brow.

I sat up next to him, the sheet still around me, I didn't speak.

"I need my clothes and my crutches," I said quietly.

"hm?" he looked up for a minute, concern filling his brown eyes. "Oh. Right. I'll get them."

He leaned over to the dresser and pulled out a pair of boxers, putting them on before he left the room, returning soon after with my belongings.

"Here," he said, averting his eyes as he set the wrinkled clothes down gently on the bed.

He turned away, walking into the bathroom. "Do you want to take a shower?" he asked.

I stared at him incredulously. Was he implying...?

He saw the stricken expression on my face. "By yourself," he said quickly.

"No thanks."

He shut the door, then, and I heard him turn on the shower.

I picked up my phone and called Thorne.

"Hello?"

"Thorne?"

"Cole!" she said, "Are you okay? You seemed upset yesterday but you needed your space."

"I'm fine," i said, "Can you come here and get me?"

"Sure. Where is 'here' exactly?"

I opened my phone to Phil's contact and read the address, she tapped it out on her phone.

"Wait a minute. Colette."

"Yes?" I squeaked.

"You're not... you didn't. You're at Phil's, aren't you?"

"I'll see you in 10 minutes?" I asked.

"Yep. I'll see you in 10," she said, and then we hung up.

I slowly got dressed, I was sore and my bad side was acting up on top of it. When I heard the shower shut off, I yanked on my shirt and grabbed my crutches, leaving as soon as possible. I couldn't bear to see Philip's guilty expression anymore.

Thorne was just pulling up out front as I slung my purse over my shoulder and shut the door. She looked at me expressionless, not judgemental, but not necessarily warm and fuzzy either.

She got out to help me put my crutches in the back and get me in the front seat.

"Am I taking you home?" she asked, and I nodded.

"Yes please."

I spent the majority of the day showering, trying to get Philip's smell off me. I knew I didn't actually smell like him but I still felt... dirty. But when the time came around, I dried my hair and took my dress out of the closet.

I had just reached for the hanger when I groaned. I had completely forgotten. I was going to try to seduce Rupert tonight, to show him I was ready to start being intimate again and start over after the whole sexting disaster. So, I had picked out the sexiest formal red gown I could find.

It was a darker wine red with sleeves that went off shoulder in a vintage style.. It was just solidly red, but was form fitting around my entire body. It was backless and the front had padding that would do great things for my chest without looking trashy.

I exhaled as I laid the dress over the couch, leaving it in it's garment bag. I turned on the TV before pulling out my curler and my flat iron. I was going to do my hair in a braided updo with a few soft tendrils framing my face.

My hair took several tries and was very difficult because of my unsteady fingers, but I got it to a point where it looked nice, and then began to paint my face with makeup. The finishing touch was matching red lipstick that made my teeth look whiter and my lips look fuller.

I pulled on the dress before slipping on the formal, open toed flats I had found. I couldn't wear heels with the crutches, so flats were the best I could do. At least I'd be comfortable.

I'm here. You ready? it was Rupert and my heart sank. How could I face him?

Be right out, I responded before quickly switching the necessary contents of my large black purse to a smaller formal clutch.

I stepped into the hall, threading my arms through the armbands of the crutches and walked out. Thankfully, my crutches weren't the awkward ones that went underneath my arms, they just gave my forearms some extra support.

As I made my way to the elevators my phone dinged again, Dafnie had just texted to tell me she was at the party.

Rupert was waiting in front of the elevators when I stepped out. He didn't look mad. That's what scared me. His eyes were cold and hard, his face completely expressionless when he looked at me.

"Let's go." he walked ahead of me without another word and I followed, knowing his anger went much much deeper than yelling. This was worse. This was loathing.

Spoiler! :

Reviews: 0
Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:49 pm
TheForgottenKing says...

Sebastian

I took a seat on a solitary a chair and waited as Jules went to the changing room. I noticed a couple jealous glared from some of the male dancers, which I brushed aside mentally. As a kid, my mother had insisted on ballroom dancing lessons. The Waltz. Foxtrot. And of course, the complicated Viennese Waltz. I had always been interested in learning Rumba, but my mother had put her foot down, as it "wasn't for young gentleman." Ah mother.

I pulled out my phone. I had already gotten several bids for my painting from a few galleries, but I wouldn't decide till later in the week. I could compare it to the draft. It was exciting.

My thought were interrupted by Jules walking towards me. As per usual, my heart skipped a couple beats when her eyes met mine. They always managed to mesmerize me. The warm brown. An earthy brown that brought you peace, yet they almost seemed black. The way she smiled. And her adorable nose. I was hopeless against that nose.

"Is there something on my face?" She asked, reaching for her phone to check. I cleared my throat." No, no of course not. You're flawless." She blushed and glanced me." Well, where did you decide on today? Another of Daddy's places?" She teased. I winked at her.

"Actually, thought we'd go to a coffee place on 2nd Ave." She made a face." Please don't say a Starbucks." I gave her an offended look." I'm a classy man Ms. Santos. I know better than to take a classy woman to a place such as Starbucks." My face split into a grin." It's more local. I sometimes meet up with my art friends there."

This time she made a face. One of almost complete surprise. One that kinda hurt." You? You do art?" I smirked." I'm not just Bourbon and poor choices. I'll have to show you my room sometime. It's where I do all my painting."

I escorted her to my car, opening the door for her. She smiled as she slid in." Seems your mother got it right with you." I huffed." Excuse me, Maria Mozzi Trapani got many thing right." I winked." Just try her brownie recipe. Bits of heaven I swear."

I went to my side and got in, starting the car. She put her bag in the backseat and smiled." I'm fall yours." I wish, I thought to myself, as I pulled out of the studio's parking lot.

-----

"This is a nice place." Jules commented as we walked into Moore's coffee shop. I smiled." See? I'm not that bad at choosing places." She smiled as we took got in line." Besides the regular coffee shop things, they have an extensive list of sandwhich's. I usually have a grilled cheese. Reminds me of being a kid." She poke me in the ribs." Who knew? Bash Trapani being a little kid and eating grilled cheese."

I made a face. She laughed." Don't worry. It's actually kinda cute." My face changed as I glanced at her, before stepping up to the register. Katrina was working today, a pretty brunette who I suspected had always had a thing for me. Her eyes did a quick up and down of me, before glancing at Jules. Her lip curled slightly, before returning to a smile to face me.

"Just the regular Bash?" She asked. I nodded, as I pulled out my card, before turning to look at Jules." Anything you want." I said with a smiled." Um, I'll have a turkey on rye please." Jules said, a moment after checking the menu.

"Are you sure? Perhaps a salad?" Katrina asked with a smile. Jule's cheeks flushed before she smiled back." Yes sweetie, I'm quite positive." What in the world was happening? My confusion was increased when Jules scooted closer to me, smiling at Katrina the entire time. Wait... Girl drama. I rolled my eyes as I paid for the food, before heading towards my booth.

I sat down at a window booth as the afternoon traffic sped past us. I glanced back at Jules. She shot a glare in the direction of Katrina before mumbling." I hate girls like her." I cocked my head." And what exactly is she like?" Jules made a face before smiling sweetly and cocking her head." Hey Bash. Would you like the regular?" I smiled at her terrible impersonation of Katrina.

Our lunch was delivered and I took a bite." So, how does an almost senior become the manager of some very famous nightclubs?" She asked curiously, nibbling on her sandwich. I cleared my throat before wiping my mouth on a napkin." My dad owns them. He owns a few actually. And we have a construction company as well as an airline. Trapani construction, and Trapani airlines. Most people don't make the connection thankfully. I'll probably inherit a few of the companies when my father retires, as our family is the sole owners of basically all of it. Except the airline. It's international, so we had to get some shareholders. but my father runs the business."

She nodded as I explained it all, her eyes never leaving my face. I could give it to her, she was a good listener. And that's something I liked. She was genuinely interested. And I appreciated that. Most people don't like to listen to the rich kid list off what his family owns.

I took a bite of my food before asking her a question." So, what got you into dancing?" Her eyes lit up, and I knew I had hit on a favorite topic of hers. I listened carefully as she began to speak, storing it all away. Her eyes were still making my knees weak. And I really didn't care.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

267 Reviews

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:05 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Philip Masterson

I awoke to find my arm over a girls' waist. Just touching her made my skin burn. I looked up, seeing her soft face. That's when the memories of last night swept in like a brick wall.

I had thought it was a dream, a terrible dream I wouldn't let ever happen. Here's the thing though, it was not a dream. It had happened. Rupert will be mortified if he ever finds out. They may have broken up, but it's still not okay to sleep with your best friends' ex girlfriend. If I am even allowed to call him my best friend anymore, that is.

She had gotten up, as did I. By the time I finished showering, she was gone. Gone with all the passion. Gone, didn't say anything and left me with the memories. The hot memories of her and I.

Fuck.

I looked at my phone and saw a few unread messages. A few from Dafnie and one from Rupert. I opened that one first, I felt guilty in the first degree.

My mom doesn't believe in trouble, so you have to show up to the party. She wants everyone there. We can pretend I don't know anything, but after the party, our friendship is null.

My heart raced as I reread that text. What had happened? And that's when my stomach dropped. Did Colette tell him that we had sex? Is that why she did it, to get his attention? This makes no sense.

"Fuck," I ran my hand through my hair.

There was no other reason for him to hate me. I couldn't think of one.

I decided that I could avoid the topic and maybe he'd tell me later why he's mad at me. Cause he couldn't have known about Colette and I. I don't think she'd babble at all. That makes no sense, she'd look really bad for it. He would hate her even more. He would hate me even more, he wouldn't give me a chance again.

Does she just hate me? And she doesn't want Rupert to be friends with me anymore? I don't know. I had to stop thinking about this.

The Franz parties started early in the day so it could last as long as possible. We were supposed to be there at five in the evening. Lemme check if I have anything to even wear to this shit.

I looked through my wardrobe and found a decent casual suit which came in a navy color. That'll be decent.

It was time. My anxiety was growing as I rang the doorbell. A few cars were already standing on the driveway and street and I could hear the music coming from inside. I swallowed hard and waited until the door swung open, a smiling Mrs. Franz looked at me. She looked very elegant in her peach colored dress which hit the floor.

"Oh Mister Masterson, don't you look dashing?" She preferred me over her own son, mostly because I was raised to stuff my snobbishness in everyone's' face.

"Good evening Misses Franz, thank you. You look like a queen." I smiled at her. She was only a few inches shorter than me, but since she was wearing heels, we were the same height.

"Oh," She giggled. "Don't flatter me, come in, come in. Rupert is waiting for you with his partner in the living area."

Partner?

I guess she could read the confusion on her face because she rolled her eyes and replied. "Colette," my throat closed up at the name and my stomach dropped. Oh the guilt was there.

Walking into the house, I caught sight of many people I recognized. Most of the people here were parents and kids, students at Lincoln Wood. The music was very soft, happy music. Nothing to crazy, Mrs. Franz made sure it was "summer-y" music, so it was like classical music, with a more upbeat rhythm.

I found my way into the living room. It was massive, just as I last remembered it. Couches on one end with a flat screen, and on the other end was a piano and three bookshelves lined with college textbooks and political novels.

A soft scent flew passed my nose, it smelt of lavender. Must be the air freshers attached to the walls. Many people were standing in here, chatting among themselves, and a few were on the couch, pretty much doing the same thing. On the couch I caught sight of Colette. She was in a gorgeous red number which made me see the curves I had held only a few hours ago. She looked up and our eyes met, I couldn't pull away. Sparks flew down my body as I made my way over. Colette had looked away from me, her hand in Rupert's. My heart stopped.

He must not know. He couldn't have known. And I couldn't make him know either. I am good at hiding anything. But somehow, her being with him made me sick.

"Hey Rup," I said once I reached the couch.

And that's when I saw who was there. Hawthorne and Merrick were on the love seat that was standing right next to me. On the three seater across from Rupert were Jessie and Adrian. I smiled at them all, feeling like I'd vomit any second now. I slept with two out of three of the girls here. And they were both mistakes. And they were both Rupert's.

Rupert looked up at me, but his eyes were cold, soulless. It sent a chill down my spine. I looked down at Cole and she didn't meet my eyes.

She told Rupert. Oh my fucking God. How could she?!

"What's up Phil? How is your day so far?" Rupert asked, falseness licking his words. He sounded just like his mother.

I cleared my throat, shoving my hands in my blazer pockets. "It was excellent actually. Been having a very good day so far, and you?" The tension grew thicker as we spoke.

"Excellent. That's brilliant." was all he replied.

Cole looked at me and we met eyes for just a moment. She looked like she'd break down any second now. But I couldn't let her do this to me, so I glared at her, showing her how much I didn't appreciate her telling Rupert anything.

"Well, I'm gonna go find Dafnie, has anyone here seen her?" I asked everyone.

"She's with her mom in the kitchen," Jessie smiled.

I nodded, "Thanks Jess," and walked away.

I found my way over to the kitchen, passing all these people, going through the thin hallway with family pictures. I got to the kitchen, finding Dafnie with her mom and a few others, laughing away. There was food on the kitchen island, like a buffet. The food spread the smell of salami and Gouda thorough the air.

She looked away from her mother, as if detecting me. A smile spread across her face as she excused herself from the conversation and headed over to me.

"Hey there stranger," She smirked.

"Hey, this party... it's weird." I said, crossing y arms over my chest.

"Weird?" She rose n eyebrow. "More like awkward, right? With that whole Cole and Rupert thing. They have to pretend in front of his mother."

I nodded, "Yeah, I would've come clean."

"Would you? To that?" She pointed at Rupert's mom who was in the dining room just to our right. "Dude, good luck."

"Look, she doesn't need to accept everything he does. He lives his own life, she doesn't."

"Philip, I get that. But he's raised to impress his parents, that's all he's ever known. If she knows that he broke up with her because he couldn't wait, she will see him as weak."

Dafnie's face got serious, no crinkle of a smile left in her.

"Why do you care? Why are you on his side dude?" I huffed.

Her mouth opened, but she didn't speak for a minute. "Philip," a pause. "You should know what place he's in. What's gotten into you?"

I shrugged my shoulders and walked away from her, feeling my heart racing. This house seemed too cramped. There were too many people here and I needed to leave so I could breathe. I found my way to the stairs and skipped them all the way up, meeting Rupert's parents' room. It had French doors, so I pushed the open and shut them behind me.

The room was grand, filled with colors of gold, white, and gray. There was a king sized bed just in front of me, so I jumped on, letting my back sink into the mattress.

I shut my eyes for a moment, trying to catch my breath. I could hear the party still going on, people's laughs and the soft melody of smooth jazz.

"Phil?" I heard a girl call out.

Sitting up, I opened my eyes and saw Colette. She stood just in front of me, her eyes wandering from my lips to my eyes, I felt my skin burning for her.

"Colette," I swallowed. "Why'd you follow me?"

She took a moment to think, "You seemed like you needed to speak to someone."

"More like I didn't want to speak to anyone, I wanted to leave."

She approached me slowly, allowing herself to sit down next to me. There was barely any space between us and I couldn't let this happen again. I was enticed by her gaze. She touched my cheek, causing my skin to feel on fire. I pulled away, standing up. Now she was the one staring up at me.

"You told Rupert. Why? Why did you do that?" I paused. "Did you sleep with me on purpose? Did you wanna get back at him for something?"

"What?" She huffed. "You told him, not me."

"Excuse me? I would've known if I'd told him."

"Philip, you answered his phone call while we were sleeping together. He called you and you answered."

I rose an eyebrow, "I tried rejecting the call."

She smiled, a smile you knew wasn't because she was happy or anything. Like she was finding this situation very funny.

"Did you Philip? Did you try rejecting the call?"

"Yes, dude, I didn't even see who it was. I guess instead of pressing the hold button, I must have clicked the answer button. I'm so sorry." I said.

There was a moment of silence, just us staring at each other. The tension grew thick as I imagined her from last night.

Spoiler! :

271 Reviews

Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:41 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

Jules

"So, what got you into dancing?" I laughed a little, excited that he asked.

"It's a funny story, actually" I said, chuckling a bit at his intrigued expression.

"I can't imagine finding anything funny about you," Bash said, a bit more intensely than I expected.

"Oh, um," I blushed a bit, sipping my water as my cheeks heated up.

"You were saying?" he prompted.

"Right, it's a funny story. When I was a little girl there was this boy who lived just down the street. We were both about 3 years old and our mothers would have us play together. He ended up being a ruffian, so Mom enrolled me in ballet lessons to keep me away from him and to have an honest excuse for why I could never go over there. I was a bit of a tomboy before dance, I guess," I said, laughing.

"Wait, let me get this straight," he said trying to breathe, "You started dancing because your Mom thought the 3 year old next door was going to be a bad influence on you?"

"Yup," I said, my cheeks hurting as we laughed. We had to quiet down because people at other tables were beginning to look at us.

"Where is he now?" Bash asked, finally, after we'd both caught our breaths.

"He ended up skipping a grade and is starting his first year at Harvard," I said, giggling.

"Oh yes. What a terrible influence he would've had on you." Bash grinned and it made me bite my lip. Drawing out laughs and smiles from Bash wasn't always the easiest thing to do, it had only just occurred to me that he was getting really comfortable being around me.

"Are you going to finish that?" he asked after a pause. I looked down and realized my turkey on rye had gone almost untouched, while Bash had already eaten his grilled cheese.

"Yeah, I'm starving." I said, taking a huge bite of the sandwich. As I ate my eyes wandered around the sandwich shop and landed on the girl behind the counter. She was watching us with envy in her eyes, but as soon as our eyes met, she quickly looked away.

"I think I'm ready to go," I said, finishing up half the sandwich, my appetite gone.

"Okay, let me see if I can get you a box or something," he said, walking over to Miss. Prissy. She walked into the back for a minute and I left the table to stand by Bash.

The girl was walking back to the front, box in hand.

"Bash?" he looked at me, opening his mouth to say something. I cupped his cheeks with my hands and pulled him towards me, his lips meeting mine. At first, he froze, but then he began to kiss back, his arms wrapping around my waist. I could feel something exploding in my chest, the warmth of his mouth was making me dizzy, blood was pounding in my ears.

I pulled away after a few seconds, my heart racing as I looked at him.

"Wow," he whispered.

I turned away from him momentarily to take the box from Miss Prissy who stood there, stunned.

"Thanks. We will be sure to come back soon." I smirked and gave her a little wink.

Bash laughed in disbelief at my words, the kiss, who knew.

We left the shop, walking along the streets of downtown Seattle.

"So, we've kissed twice now," Bash said.

"Yes, yes we have." I blushed, biting my lip. I remembered the previous night in the club, I remembered the sensation of Bash's lips on mine. How good it felt to be dancing with him, to be close to him.

"Does that mean that this was a date?" he asked and I fought the urge to giggle. Bash Trapani was uncertain. This was a first.

"Well you've kissed me now so that means you're my boyfriend," I said quickly, laughing at Bash's stricken expression.

"I'm kidding!" I exclaimed, and he mockingly clutched his chest, pretending to be relieved.

We walked along the street, chattering for the most part about everything and nothing at all. I discovered he had a secret obsession with Pokemon! Go and he discovered my tendency to impulsively do fouette turns. We learned that we both loved the color red. Just little things like that.

It began to get cooler, the sun wasn't as high in the sky. We sat at the edge of a fountain, resting for a bit.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" Bash asked me.

"That's not so far away," I said.

"Still," he insisted.

"I want to dance professionally. I don't care how. I don't have the right body type to be a ballerina, but I do love ballet. I love latin american dancing, salsa and tango and such. I'm not good enough at hip hop to do that for a living. I'll probably make history and end up touring with a ballet company, the curviest girl there."

"I think your body is perfect," Bash blurted. He paused, then continued. "I think you're perfect."

I felt a kind of warmth spread to my fingers and toes as he took his hand in mine and pulled me closer so I was leaning into his chest, his arm around my shoulders.

And for that one moment, the world seemed to fade away.

Spoiler! :

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:24 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Brooke Kestner

“One ticket for B-Brooklyn K. Kestner!” Startled I look up from my phone to see Steph waving a ticket around. I walk up to him with a smile, and quickly I punch him straight in the arm. Playfully of course.

“Ow.” He says laughing. “What was that for?”

“Don't do that.” I say. He laughs again, and I can't help but smile at him.

“What? You don't like Brooklyn?” He asks curiously. I hit him again. “Okay okay I s-surrender.” He says holding his hands up.

“And it's not that I don't like it. It's just my grandmother is the only one who calls me that, and she is terrifying.”

“Hardcore Grandma?” He asks with a smirk.

“To the extreme.” We both laugh as Pedra comes running up with some skittles and a large drink close to her chest.

“Brooke!” She hugs my legs, and smiles. “Soooooo...what’re you guys talking about?” She wiggles her eyebrows in a dance-like fashion.

“Nothing.” Steph covers her face with the palm of his hand. She licks him, sending her and I into a fit of laughter. He groans and wipes his hand furiously on his jeans. I check the clock, and smile.

“Alright guys, we should probably head in. We don't want to miss the opening trailers.” They both stare at me. “What? It's the best part.” I smile.

As we make our way into the theatre, I notice it's not very crowded. Before I can even think about sitting down Pedra takes the seat on the far end of the row.

“Pedra what are you d-doing?” Steph asks.

“I like this seat.” She says matter of factly.

“Since when? You hate the ends.” She glares at him, and moves her eyes to me. I pretend not to notice. “Fine.” He sighs. As he goes in to sit next to her, I follow close behind. As the lights go down I hear Pedra whisper something to Steph. I can't quite make out what it is, but I hear him barely laugh at the comment.

The whole movie is torture. I mean, the movie is great, but I'm so caught up in noticing Steph that I completely forget how to pay attention. God dammit, there are times I feel like such a child. Here I am watching a movie, and all I can focus on is Stephs hand literally a few inches from mine. There is one moment where I imagine he touched my hand, but I flinched so even if he actually did I threw that completely off. What am I doing to myself?

The movie was over, and I managed to survive. However Pedra was another story, poor girl was about to pee her pants.

“This what happens when you get the large drink.” Steph said ruffling her hair.

“I have to go so bad Steph!” She pumps out her bottom lip, and holds her stomach.

“I can take her real quick. We’ll meet you after.” I say.

“Alright. Thanks Brooke. Pedra I'm going to go get the car. Don't leave Brooke by herself okay?” She nods, and Steph starts off. Pedra sighs, and rushes into the restroom.

I laugh as I watch Steph head for the door, but before he can reach for the handle he is stopped by some girl. Her expression is sad, but she's smiling. She places her hand on his shoulder.

“What are you looking at?” I flinch startled by Pedra’s sudden reappearance. She laughs. “Sorry I scared you.” She looks past me.

“It's okay.” I assure her.

“Is that Connie?” She asks curiously.

“Who's that?”

“Steph’s old girlfriend. I didn't know they still talked.” She starts walking forward.

“Pedra! What are you doing? It looks important, we shouldn't interrupt.” I say grabbing her hand.

“That's why we should interrupt.” She tugs my arm pulling us forward. “Steph!” Both Steph and Connie turn towards us when Pedra calls out to them. Connie smiles at Pedra who is still holding my arm. It doesn't take long for Connie’s eyes to quickly dart to me.

“Who's this? I don't think I know you.You don't go to our school right?” I shake my head yes. This girl is intimidating, and it's hard to miss the distant kindness in her voice.

“I just started at the end of last year. That’s probably why you wouldn’t know me. I'm Brooke by the way. It's nice to meet you.” I go to hold out my hand to her, and she shakes it.

“I’m Connie. Anyways, my friends are waiting for me. It was nice to meet you Brooke, and it was good to talk to you again Steph. Bye guys.” She walks off swaying as she goes.

"She seems nice." I say with a smile.

Spoiler! :
Iforgot to tag you haha @Savvy
Last edited by HazelGrace16 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

271 Reviews

Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:45 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Colette

"Yes, dude, I didn't even see who it was. I guess instead of pressing the hold button, I must have clicked the answer button. I'm so sorry." he said.

There was a moment of silence, just us staring at each other.

"He hates me now," I whispered quietly.

"Me too," he replied.

We sat there, the silence enveloping us once more. I grew suddenly self conscious of the silky fabric of my dress. I felt exposed. Vulnerable.

"Colette," Philip whispered, using the crook of his finger to tilt my face up towards him.

His lips met mine and they weren't urgent as they had been before, when we'd slept together. This was slower, more sensual. It sent shivers down my spine in the best way. I wasn't scared, I wasn't thinking about how I'd been attacked. I didn't feel uncomfortable.

But then I remembered that I was with Rupert's ex best friend in Rupert's guest bedroom. The very bedroom he had let me stay in after I was raped and needed a place to go.

I pulled away and his lips parted, stained by my lipstick. "Phil," I whispered, and I leaned my forehead against his, our faces inches apart, pausing for a long moment.

"We can't do this here." I said softly, breaking the silence.

He exhaled, reaching up to wipe my lipstick from his mouth. "Then let's go somewhere else." he gave me that devilish grin, the one that probably made women fall all over themselves.

"I don't know..." I stood up to leave, to just get through this party. But he was up in a flash, pulling me closer to him until my body was flush against his. I felt heat shoot through me, heat I hadn't felt in a while.

"I do," he said, giving me that grin again as he lightly traced his fingers down my collarbone, causing me to gasp. He reached his hand around me slowly, tugging down the zipper on my dress.

"Not here," I reached behind me to push his hand away and yanked up the zipper. "Meet me at your house in half an hour?"

He grinned and left without responding.

I took a moment to try and slow my racing pulse and wipe the sweat off my palms before discreetly leaving the guest room and rejoining the party.

As I shut the bedroom door behind me, I turned and ran smack into Jessie. She was wearing an elegant but simple black cocktail dress holding Isaac and his diaper bag, no doubt getting ready to change him.

"Colette," she said, "Didn't I just see Philip..." she trailed off, looking at my smudged lipstick. "Oh my god."

"Jessie," I said, immediately regretting even joining Philip to begin with.

"That's the father of my son. Isabelle and I don't speak anymore because she... how could you?"

"Jessie, Adrian is the father of your son. You can't just dictate who Philip can and can't sleep with."

"I'm just really disappointed," she said, turning around and walking to the bedroom. The fuzzy feeling I had was gone, replaced by determination.

"I'm leaving," I said, walking up to Rupert. "I smiled pretty for your Mom, I feel terrible for doing you know what, but I am leaving."

"It's not what you did, it's who you did," he hissed "And the fact that it was less than an hour after we were broken up. How would you feel if I slept with Dafnie?"

"You did sleep with Dafnie. And not only that, but you kept it from me for months."

"Freshman year, Colette, Freshman year. 3 years ago."

"I don't care," I shouted, and everyone turned to stare at us.

Rupert's perfectly poised viper of a mother walked up to us. "Trouble in paradise?" she asked, smiling that sickly sweet smile of hers. "It would really be a shame if you two broke up," she added, with an expression that indicated it wouldn't make her anything less than ecstatic if we broke up.

"Why do you care? He's not your son anyway. He was raised on nannies and netflix with shiny expensive toys to keep him busy while you were off doing everything other than be a proper mother," I spat, with everybody in the room falling silent.

"Get out of my house." she said calmly. "Now."

"Gladly." I took my purse and spun on my heel, swinging the front door shut behind me.

I fought back tears as I called a cab, walking to the end of the street. I watched people in cars drive by, gawking at the woman on the sidewalk in a red dress. When the cab lights finally illuminated the dark night, I got in and gave the cabbie Phil's address.

I knocked on his door and he emerged, still wearing a suit, before dragging me into the house and slamming the door shut behind me.

"You're late," he breathed, kissing my neck.

"Then I guess we better get started," I gave him a wry smile, kissing him back, trying to push away what had just happened.

We went to his bedroom and he basically ripped the dress off me, unzipping it and casting it aside on the floor. I didn't care. If I never saw that dress again in my life, it would still be too soon.

And for the rest of the night, I made myself forget.

Spoiler! :

46 Reviews

Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:21 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

James

Carina and I ended up swapping numbers by the end of the night at the fair. She was pretty and funny so I decided I would like to get to know her a little better.

Today was the day of Rupert's party at his house and a lot of people decided to go, so why shouldn't I not?

Hey Care, you should be my date to Rup's house tonight. I sent the text and started getting dressed in my black suit and tie. This would be the first and only time I ever go to a party wearing something like this.

Still no reply from Carina.

If you decide you'd like to go you can meet me there. I'm headed there now. I hope to see you. :)

I sent my final text and got into my car, it was time to go see what would unfold today.

*..*..*..*..*

When I got there I saw Colette storming out the door. This couldn't be good, at all. I opened the door and there were still people there so I walked to the kitchen, there stood Isabelle. She looked gorgeous as ever and she even put a smile on her face.

This couldn't be good. At all. She had her devious grin and revenge in her eyes, I could see it now.

@Savvy I left some leeway for you in case you didn't want Carina going or anything. It's completely up to you, sorry it is short, once I figure out where this is going I will surely write more for him!

- Ayn Rand

46 Reviews

Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:29 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle

Today was a day I started to kinda feel like myself. The bitch looking for trouble. I had no care In the world and I honestly just wanted to get drunk and forget about how shitty my life had been since I lost my baby. Everything had fell apart.

Looking into my full view mirror, I stared at my pasty skin, it looked terrible. Make up would be my best friend today, I looked through my bag and got my dark red lipstick, fake eyelashes, foundation and some black mascara. I shall be attending Rupert's party today.

I did my make up and then pulled myself into my dark red silky dress, it went almost to my ankles, I didn't want to look skanky in front of Rupert's family.

*..*..*..*

I arrived a little before 5, not everyone was here yet, not even Philip. I wanted to try and make things work with us, I missed him.

"Good evening Ms. Isabelle. Come for the party?" It was Rupert's mother, she seemed elegant and I gave her a smile.

"Yes ma'am. How are you this evening?" I asked as she let me through the door.

"I'm wonderful, I hope you enjoy the party."

She walked off to the kitchen, I'm assuming to be with her husband. I sat on their couch and waited.

Rupert walked through the living room from the kitchen and I stopped him,

"Hi." I smiled.

He wasn't really the person I had associated with too much but he didn't look like he was in a good place at the moment.

I hugged him and he actually accepted it.

"Thanks for coming." he said, he didn't seem to happy to keep looking at me.

I nodded and let him go do whatever it was he was doing.

*..*..*

30 or so minutes into the party, Philip came through the door. I hid behind people just watching his movements, he looked sexy in a suit. He rushed to Rupert's side where Colette had been as well.

Their conversation didn't last too long, I sighed not having the courage to approach him just yet. It had been a few weeks since I had seen him last.

James showed up at the party and he looked uncomfortable, it was probably his first time going to a formal occasion. I smiled, he was there for me literally all the time and I never showed him enough appreciation.

I got up from a chair I was sitting on and went to my car. I saw enough for today and now I just needed to get home.

"Isabelle?" I heard James and smiled.

"You actually came out of your house?" He smiled and pulled me into a hug. He was like the brother I never had.

"Don't seem to surprised." I chuckled, which was the first real laugh I had since forever.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. He looked nice in a suit, not that it was a surprise. He always looked good.

"I'm waiting to see if Carina is going to show up. I asked her to be my date and If she wanted too then to meet me here." He seemed to always have a girl intact to his arm. It was ridiculous, but in a funny way.

"Well I gotta get out of here. I have some plans to take care of." I kissed his cheek and went to my car and pulled my phone out.

"Can you meet at Starbucks? I miss you like hell." I sent the message to Philip and headed to get me an iced caramel coffee.

@Nike I hope this is okay this time.

- Ayn Rand

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:03 pm
View Likes
Ciblio says...

Jessie

That night, after the dinner, after our moment in the car, and after picking up our precious Isaac, we arrived at our (empty) home and, instead of fooling around, watched Netflix with a restless almost-one year old. My mind only slightly questioned the absence of Colette.

“Jessie, baby,” Adrian had mumbled, half asleep as an episode of Puppy Patrol danced across our flatscreen. Isaac’s eyes were glued to the little animals prancing around. “You want this, don’t you?”

I laughed, as if he were asking a joke, then looked at my surroundings. Laying in bed with two of the most valuable people in the entire world to me? Engaged to my dream guy? Was this what I wanted?

Absolutely.

“I love you,” I say, my voice startling my son, who was resting against my shoulder, but also had ahold of Ade’s index finger. Isaac grinned at me, seconds later, then looked back at the TV, “I love us. I love our son. This is everything I’ve ever wanted.”

He smiled then, and soon passed out, his hair a mess, his grey shirt twisted enough to reveal his toned stomach, and I realized that I literally had every 16-year-olds crush in my bed. Or, like, the idea of their crush. French guy with abs and awesome hair, right? Isn’t that what girls (and boys) liked these days?

I was 16 once. But my perfect guy was Rupert Franz. Everything single thing about him, every flaw, even the way his hair curled or automatically moved to made me think he was perfect. But now when I see him, I just see an old friend. I see the tired Rupert that is fed up with being taken advantage of.

Instead of being in love with him, I was genuinely sad for him. I sat up a little when I felt myself start to doze off. Isaac wasn’t going to sleep for awhile, I knew that.

He watched Puppy Patrol for another three episodes before leaning his little head back and dozing off— quite adorably, I might add.

Three days left.

Tonight was Rupert’s moms famous party, the one she threw every year. The party that I used to dream of going to. I would wait in the halls, weeks before the party, waiting for a special invite from Rupert.

He never gave me one.

But we were invited, personally, by his mother. I used to, along with other girls, look up to her. Now I knew that she was just a condescending bitch, but I still accepted her invite with a smile.

“Babe?” Ade called from the other room. “You ready?”

I glance at myself in the mirror, pushing a pair of diamond earrings through the small holes in my ears, then yell back, “Yep!”

Mrs. Franz said it was a formal-but-casual party, so I’d picked out a black cocktail dress, along with a pair of shiny heels. I grabbed my purse and left the room, and once I came into view of my fiance, he grinned.

“You look wonderful,” he said through up-turned lips. With a diaper bag slung across his chest and the carrier in his left hand, he offered his arm and said, “Shall we?”

And we did.

The house was beautiful. Everything was perfect. Well, almost. Not that long after we got there, we sat down, mostly because my feet hurt. Isaac was still asleep in his carrier, but I was almost sure the music and voices would wake him up soon.

Rupert sat across from us with Colette, although this was the first time I’d seen her in over a day, making small talk about the wedding, congratulating us on our lives, and for once, I felt like my life was coming together. I felt like, out of all the people in this entire, humongous house, I was the happiest. Except for maybe Adrian. It was possible that he was a little more happy. But only because his feet didn’t hurt.

But something was off. Rupert wasn’t as cheery. Colette wasn’t as all-over him as she usually was. They weren’t talking to each other. Close by Hawthorne and Merrick were siting kind of close, but barely spoke. Something was definitely off. But I was kind of glad I didn’t know what it was. I was way of the drama that was Lincoln Wood students.

Philip waltzed up seconds later, his hand in the pocket of his well-pressed suit, and he said, “Hey, Rup.”

Adrian ignored Phil completely. I slid my fingers through my soon-to-be-husband’s and said, “Am I the only one who feels awkward?”

He chuckled, and whispered in my ear, “I do too, it’s okay.”

The night went to shit after that. I didn’t completely understand what was going on, but by the time I’d finished my third cup of water, Adrian was ready to go home, Cole and Phil had vanished, and the up-beat music was anything but enjoyable.

Isaac’s soft cry suddenly reached my ears, and I glanced down to see him rubbing his eyes.

“Hi baby,” I coo, unbuckling him before lifting him up. Adrian kissed our son on the cheek and whispered something in french, something I didn’t quite catch and probably wouldn’t have understood. His diaper was full, but I didn’t want to change him here. Not around all these people. I stood up, “I’ll be right back, okay?”

I slung the diaper bag over my shoulder and glanced around us.
“I can come with?” Adrian said, a little desperately. He wanted to get away from everything.

I smile, but say, “It only takes one to change him. Why don’t you go talk to people? Make some friends, hun.”

I found a hallway with a couple doors lining it, and in the midst of choosing which to try first, the second door opened. Philip sauntered out, his lips forming that ugly crooked smile all the other girls loved. He nodded, smiled at Isaac, then went back to the party.

“Mommy’s tired,” I whisper against Isaac’s cheek. He just looks at his surroundings, taking everything in with his pretty blue eyes.
Not even a minute later, the second door opened again. And out came Colette. She was facing the other way, but as I took another step forward, so did she and we ended up almost face-to-face.

“Colette,” I frown. The pieces took another second to put themselves together, “Didn’t I just see Philip…?”

Realization struck as I noticed her dress slightly ruffled, her lipstick smeared, and the everlasting excitement in her eyes.

“Oh my god.”

She looked like a deer caught in headlights as she said my name once.

I couldn’t believe that this was what was wrong with tonight, “That’s the father of my son. Isabelle and I don’t speak anymore because she…how could you?”

Her lips pursed, then she said, “Jessie, Adrian is the father of your son. You can’t just dictate who Philip can and can’t sleep with.”

“I’m just really disappointed,” I huff, and I was. I walk into the bedroom that she’d just exited from, and swore that I could smell the cologne that was Philip and Cole’s little break.

I quickly changed Isaac, disposed of the dirty diaper, then returned to the party. Adrian was talking and laughing with a familiar face from school, and I could not believe that Cole was sleeping with the biological father of my son.

Suddenly, conversation died. Someone was yelling at someone else. It was a familiar voice. It was Colette’s voice.

“He’s not your son anyway. He was raised on nannies and Netflix with shiny expensive toys to keep him busy while-”

I stopped listening at this point. Somehow, in the last couple of days, Colette had become a whiny little brat who couldn’t keep her nose in her own business and I was done with it. I marched over to Ade, told him I was ready to go, and he nodded once, his eyes never leaving his cousin— even after she left the house. He kept staring at the door.

We gathered our things and, once we were ready and in the car, he looked around outside— no doubt looking for Cole. I regretted not saying goodbye to anyone, but god.

“What the hell was that?” He asked after a moment.

“I don’t know,” I sigh, and push my hair from my face, “But Philip and Cole are hooking up.”

“No, they’re not,” he deadpanned.

I nodded, completely serious. His face contorted after a moment.
“How do you know?”

I rub my forehead and say, “I was going to change Bub and Philip came out of the room. Then Cole did.”

“And?”

“And they were screwing around in there. She was all disheveled.”

“Cole-Cole wouldn’t do anything like that, Jess,” Ade frowned at nothing now, “Especially not with that asshole.”

I slide my hand up his arm to comfort him and say, “I don’t know what’s going on with her. But I think she needs someone to talk to.”
He nodded, and the car ride home was silent. When we got there, it was empty. I wondered if she was with Philip.

Probably.

We stayed up a little while longer, long enough to make some dinner and put Isaac back to sleep, then went and talked in bed and, eventually, passed out in each others arms.

Rupert’s moms party wasn’t as great as I’d always thought it’d be.

Two days

And I was going to have a new last name.

Two days

Closer to having Adrian officially adopt Isaac.

Two days

Until I legally give my soulmate my life.

Two days

Was all I had to prepare myself to a life full of promises, heartbreak, love, and marriage.

Two days.

Spoiler! :
hello. so i just need to know if this is long enough? I can make it longer, if need be. Just lmk @Gravity
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

Democracy! Bah! When I hear that word I reach for my feather Boa!
— Allen Ginsburg