YWS Goes on Holiday

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:05 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

Rydia

It was April the 1st and Rydia was standing at the airport with her ticket in hand and starting to become agitated. She felt certain like there was something she'd forgotten, but she couldn't for the like of her think what!

There were no people here yet but Rydia guessed that was because she was super early (and super excited). It wasn't every day that an admin raided the funds of the YWS piggy bank in order to take every single member of YWS on a fully expensed vacation. She could still hardly believe that @Nate had agreed.

"Yeah and when is this vacation taking place?"

"Oh, I don't know. The first of April?"

"The first?"

"Yeah, that would work."

"Haha. Right. Yeah, sure. Take whatever money you need."

He'd kept on laughing right the way through the door but Rydia just figured that he was in a good mood or something. Why else would he have authorised this trip?!

Impatience finally got the better of her and Rydia lugged her suitcase over to the seating area and flipped out her mobile. She searched for @Lumi through the YWS phone index and then put the phone to her ear.

"Hey Captain, I wondered when you'd be calling."

"You got the tickets then?"

There was a laugh on the other end. "Oh I got them alright."

"Then you're on your way down?"

That laughter again. Maybe it was some kind of disease and all of YWS was catching it. Rydia moved the phone slightly away from her ear just in case.

"I threw them in the bin."

"You did WHAT?"

"They were real good fakes. I mean, I even looked up all the holograms online and they were nearly perfect. The colouring was off a little-"

"-That was your monitor-"

"-but if they'd come from anyone else I'd have totally believed it. This is your best prank ever."

Rydia was silent for a moment and then she realised that was what she'd forgotten. It was April Fool's Day and she hadn't thought up a prank for the site.

"It's April Fool's Day. I forgot."

There was a pause and then on the other end Lumi's voice was cautious: "So that ticket-"

"I'm no artist," Rydia replied. "But it explains why Nate said I could spend whatever money I wanted."

There was another pause on the other end and then Rydia thought she heard some kind of commotion. Some bumping, then some rustling and heavy breathing.

"I've got sellotape and the flight's not for three more hours, right?"

"Just get here."

Rydia hung up the phone and scowled at it in disappointment. She wondered how many people would come anyway and how many she could phone in time. She thought she saw @AndrewRayne stepping through the doors and waved to get his attention, even as she pressed the phone to her ear again.

"@QueenAnne? Yeah it's me, Rydia. Yeah, yeah a really good prank, only the thing is..."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:38 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Silver

Silver stood groggily in the airport terminal, scanning the crowds for any familiar faces. He hated waking up early. However, the strangeness of the situation attracted him, and he wasn’t going to take any chances. That was supposing, of course, the ticket was the real deal. At that point in time, he wasn’t even sure anymore.

It had only been a couple of days when he went online to the Young Writer’s Society and found out that one of the admins, Rydia, had somehow managed to take money from the YWS piggy bank and given every single YWS member the opportunity to go on an all-expenses paid vacation. He didn’t know what to think at first, but he was certainly excited by the chance. He could finally get away from his hectic life and spend a few days, maybe a few weeks, on a nice, relaxing vacation. The thought captured his full attention. However, when he looked at the vacation date, he immediately thought of the whole vacation as a farce, dismissing it at once. “This has got to be a joke,” he thought.

Despite that, something enticed him. Maybe it was the way those tickets looked so realistic. Maybe it was that the invitation looked so sincere. He thought that this was either a brilliant joke or some real event, and it would be in his best interest to attend. He thought that if it was a joke, he’d want to be there and see who else fell for it. If it was real, well…an all-expenses paid vacation. Who wouldn’t like that? The first chance he got, he acquired a ticket for himself, and made plans. He packed a suitcase full of clothes, and made plans concerning his work to accommodate for his time on a vacation – assuming it was real. He woke up early on the morning of April Fool’s Day, and paid the driver of a taxi to head over to the local airport.

And so he was standing there at the terminal, looking for people he could not find. He was tired, a little hungry, and slightly frustrated. He sure couldn’t see Rydia anywhere, and started to wonder if he’d really been duped. “Then again,” he thought, looking at the ticket he held in his left hand, “I was able to get into the airport terminal with this. The person I handed my ticket to never said a word about this being fake. What’s going on here?” Some part of him still couldn’t believe the ticket was real, and wondered the complexity of this ‘hoax.’ Were the airport officials involved in it as well? Or were those tickets so well forged they were impossible to distinguish from the real deal? There were so many questions that he didn’t know the answers to, and that frustrated him.

Before he had any more time to answer those questions, he spotted a familiar face. It was Rydia, and she was by the seating area talking to someone on her phone. Silver began to lug his suitcase and walk over to her. Finally, he could get some answers…
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:31 am
View Likes
AndrewRayne says...

Andrew | Terminal

"Well shoot, I've only just gotten here too." Andrew murmured to himself softly as he logged on to his computer to find he had been given a ticket off of YWS. Rydia... that admin who is doing the storybook with me, he thought for moment, musing a little. Guess I do leave an impression. Then he looked at the date, and laughed. Though being one to always take a risk, he looked up the flight anyways and matched it up. Seemed legit enough, even if it was a fake. Having a couple thousand dollars put away for a vacation anyways, he could afford to at least see if the plane ticket worked.

So he called out of work at the Stunt Show for the specified dates, thankfully they had just hired another actress a few months prior so it was easy getting it off. He grinned, thinking that if only this was all expense paid, maybe he would get to meet all new friends. The thought made him happy as he swung his luggage into the back of his truck and drive to the airport in Arizona. He made sure to keep his guitar with him, and the book with all his writing material inside its black leather case. As they hauled off his luggage, he pulled down the hem of his brown plaid shirt and tried to brush off some of the dirt that clung to his boots and jeans. Futile of course, but it helped with the stares he received from the families as he waited.

The flight was easy, and within a few hours he was at the terminal where the message stated they all would meet. He shouldered his guitar against his back and walked among the airport. Looking at all the neat, but far to expensive merchandise that cluttered the walkways. He pulled his hat down a bit, a bullet hole covered old camo cap that his grandfather gave him when he was little. It was his pride and joy, and he never went anywhere without it. He ran a hand down his chin as he looked around again. He was probably the only one that had boots on, and he remembered how much he disliked the big cities. Too many suits and ties walking around like they are better than him, judging him as they stared at the untrimmed portions of his beard. Even the sunglasses that would cover up deep blue eyes were mocked because they were the cheap ten dollar ones. To them he probably looked like a farmer, and from what he learned, it ain't no good to look anything other than well off in this age. One paycheck of theirs was probably more than his yearly take home.

"Shit, am I only the John Wayne left in this town?" Andrew joked to himself softly, quoting one of his favorite songs as he waved to a family who nodded politely but headed off in a hurry. He gave a somber nod in the direction of a Marine in his civilian attire, the haircut gave it away. He had that thousand yard stare that Andrew used to have, or at least is trying to get rid of.

He looked up after a moment and saw what he thought was a familiar face. He had only seen pictures, but thankfully he had studied Rydia's face enough to know her, hopefully. She was talking on a cellphone. He thought she had looked up for a moment and saw him, so he walked over. Hesitant about the first meeting, he hooked his thumbs into the back of his pockets. The way he did with the lambs and sheep to show them he meant no harm. A second person reached her before he did and so he braced himself.

And then he smiled, "Hi, the name's Andrew." he said kindly. No worries Andrew, worst come to worst, they can't kill you in public. He thought with a grin flashing across his face.
My favorite soundtracks, are the ones that pull me away from every other sound.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:20 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

Rydia

The phone was still clasped to her ear as @Silver made his way over, but the party host raised a hand in greeting.

"Just tell everyone you can," Rydia finished before hanging up the phone. Then the boy she thought was @AndrewRayne was coming over and her eyes scanned his outfit: cheap sunglasses, a brown plaid shirt and jeans. Kind of like a modern cowboy with those boots, though the sunglasses didn't match that analysis.

"Hi, the name's Andrew," he said. Rydia nodded.

"@AndrewRayne, right? And you're Silver, have you two met?" Rydia hoped she'd got their names right. She really tried to recognise everyone on YWS, but the site was getting so big these days that it was almost impossible!

"I'm so glad you actually came! I mean, I knew some people had to come, but after finding out everyone thinks it's an April Fools - which it's really not - I was starting to worry I'd have to get on that plane all by myself!"

Which would have sucked after all the planning she'd put into this and the careful choice of their super cool never-been-before destination. She'd heard this place was to die for.

"So the trips really real?" Silver asked, an undisguised hope in his eyes. Rydia had to bite back the words to tell him it was a joke just to see the look on his face and instead gave an excited nod.

"Like seriously real," she said. "We're actually going to Venice and we're going to take the river boats and stay in this really cool fake palace place. There's even a masked ball and the best thing is, nothing is going to go wrong this time."

Rydia's eyes darted around the room to see if anyone else had arrived as her fingers stroked the wooden bench her suitcase was resting against. Nothing was going to go wrong this time. The plane wasn't going to crash, they weren't going to be chased around Italy by their arch nemesis the Spammians and everyone was going to have a lovely time.

If they actually turned up.

"Hey, is that @TheWanderingWizard over there?" Andrew asked.
Writing Gooder

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:43 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

Queen Anne

Sighing, she picked out the airplane tickets and held them close to her face. They seemed real, but knowing Rydia, they would be fake. Oh well, she thought. If these are fake, she'd just buy a ticket and go to Venice.

By herself.

Dragging a suitcase through the airport, Anne almost didn't catch sight of Rydia's face until it was too late. A man bumped into her as she stopped abruptly, apologized, and then continued on his not-so-merry way. Frowning at him, Anne made her way through the crowds until she reached Rydia's side.

"So this isn't a joke, then?" Anne gave Rydia a quick hug before taking a gulp of coffee. Really, the jetlag from London to New York was killing her.

Rydia smiled. "I can't believe everyone's been thinking that this is an April Fool's joke!" Glancing at the three people surrounding her, she quickly made introductions. "Anne, this is Silver, Andrew, and Wizard."

Wizard grinned, and said, "Bonjour, Queen of Darkness!"

Anne grinned back at him. Flipping her hair behind her neck, she said, "Of course I'm the Queen of Darkness." Pausing to gulp more coffee, she continued, "Speaking of my title where'd @AstralHunter? I'd think you two would be attached at the hip."

Wizard gestured behind him somewhere. "He's getting coffee for us. Time difference, right?"

Giving him a sympathetic look, Anne nodded. Looking around, she wondered if anyone else was coming.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri May 01, 2015 8:03 am
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

When he first received the tickets, @TheWanderingWizard thought this was one of those pranks you see on TV; or some ingenious way of abducting someone. Probably even both.

But, he started making preparations anyway.

Naturally, as he was prone to do when something like this happens to him, @TheWanderingWizard was in a frenzy. He had to find someone to feed his goldfish, dogs and budgies, not to mention look after his house. Yet, every person he contacted had an excuse.

"Sorry, but I have so much admin to finish, I can't possibly take care of your dogs," @BlueAfrica said, the fourth person Wanderer called.

Time was running out quickly, and as he was spending so much of his time working, preparing and stressing, he didn't notice that the departure date was nearly upon him...

1 April

Wanderer woke with a start as the phone nearby rang. Still asleep, he picked it up and put the antique earpiece against his ear.

"Grandfather! Did I wake you?" @pretzelsing's voice came across the phone.

"What? Who is this?" Wanderer asked, yawning loudly.

"Your granddaughter, pretzel!"

Wanderer stood up and carried the phone to the kitchen of his small house (just visualize a very long chord for the phone...) With the earpiece awkwardly balanced on his shoulder, he started making coffee.

"Oh, good morning pretzel," he said, picking up his cream-colored mug with steam billowing from it, "How are you?"

"I'm fine," she said, "Listen, granddad, you still remember about our vacation today, right?"

Coffee flew through the room as Wanderer jumped, suddenly wide awake.

"Oh my goat! I entirely forgot!" He shouted, cleaning up the spills.

"You what?!"

"Forgot! Oh, no, I don't have a dog watcher!" Wanderer hurried with the phone into the bedroom.

On the other side of the line, Wanderer heard pretzel speaking to someone. "@AstralHunter says it's alright," pretzel said, "Apparently YWS will take care of them for you."

"My cousin's there?" Wanderer said confused, pulling off his pajamas and fussing with the buttons of of his teal-colored shirt. "Who else is there?"

"I saw @QueenAnne enter the terminal earlier, and @AndrewRayne and @Silver had arrived earlier," pretzel answered.

"I'm on my way!" Wanderer said, throwing down the phone, grabbing his half close leather suitcase, a book satchel, and his car keys. Just as he was about to leave, one of @Nate's assistants knocked on the door.

"The Wandering Wizard?" the assistant asked.

"Yes, yes," Wanderer said, "You must be the one whose going to take care of my pets?"

"That I am," the assistant stepped into the house. "Enjoy your trip!"

But Wanderer didn't hear this last part, as he was already in his car, racing to the airport.

Fifteen minutes later, Wanderer came to a screeching halt outside the International Terminal. Ensuring his car was locked, he took his luggage and proceeded to the small French cafe inside the airport.

There, just about to pay the waiter, was pretzel and the others. Wanderer waved and waited for them to come out, hugging or shaking his hands as they reached him.

"That was quick," @pretzelsing said when they started proceeding to terminal.

"I don't mess around," Wanderer replied, "So I take it this isn't a prank?"

"Clearly not,"
@AstralHunter answered walking just behind Wanderer, straining under the weight of all his luggage.

"Isn't that @Rydia over there?" pretzel asked, pointing at a group of three people standing in the center of the terminal.

"It looks like them," Wanderer said, "Let's find out."

Just as Wanderer and pretzel arrived, @QueenAnne also walked closer.

"Bonjour Queen of Darkness!" Wanderer answered, turning around to see where Hunter was. It seemed he was talking with some French looking person who reminded Wanderer of someone he knew on YWS, but he couldn't place who it was.

Well, at least this isn't an April Fools Joke, Wanderer thought, wondering what was in store for them at this mysterious location...
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

175 Reviews

Reviews: 175
Mon May 18, 2015 6:21 pm
View Likes
Harker says...

IronSpark

Bzz. Bzz. Spark rolled over in bed and grabbed for the phone lying on the dresser. One new message. Huh.

Hi, writers, the message read. We may have had a small misunderstanding. Remember that April Fools joke about the all-expenses-paid trip? Well, apparently it wasn't an April Fools joke... The point is, if you want to go on a super-awesome holiday, get to the airport by 9:15!

"9:15?!" It was 9:02. "Forget my flight home... I'm going on this trip!" Spark leaped out of bed and got dressed quickly, grabbing a backpack from the hotel coathook and dashing to the hotel lobby.

"Hi, can I help you?" the hotel manager asked.

"I need to get to, erm, Terminal 4B," Spark consulted the voucher from Rydia.

"Right that way."

--

Out of breath, Spark arrived at the terminal. "How am I ever going to find them? I mean, there's a billion people in here, and I've never seen most of them before--oh, there they are!" A group of slightly wacky-looking people laundered near the gate. "That must be them. I've never seen more coffee, laptops, and notebooks all in the same place!"
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon May 18, 2015 7:00 pm
View Likes
Bambi says...

“Why do I do what I do?
Why do I do what I do?

There is a song
You're trembling to its tune
At the request of the moon”

Groaning I reach my hand up to the side of the bed to find my cell phone. After attempting to type in my password a few times.

I finally get into my phone to turn off the alarm. Thinking to myself I say “Why would my phone even be going off? I don’t have any online classes or work today. It’s not like I have any big plans this week.”

I sit up in bed with a sigh and go through all my notification. That’s when I see the missed call from @Rydia reminding me about the YWS trip
. “Oh no, I can’t believe I forgot!”

After I text @Slaughtamelon reminding him, just in case he had forgotten all so. I toss my blankets to the side and jump outta bed. In a worried mumble I keep repeating “I got to hurry. I’m going to miss my flight”.

The first thing I do before anything. Is making a nice hot cup of coffee. I don’t I could ever survive without it. While at the same time I’m running around my room grabbing everything I think I might just need on my trip. Tank tops, shorts, jean, LOTS of sweets, makeup, hair straightener, laptop, sketch book, and many other useless things a girl will need. With everything done and packed. I put my bags beside the door and pour myself a cup of coffee. The worst mistake I could have done. Was to take a huge sip of that coffee.

With a burnt, I think swollen, tongue I call the Taxi service “Im nead a rid to thb airpurt….”

After repeating myself a few times, they finally sent someone to come and get me. Not having enough time to change out of my PJ’s I head outside to meet my Taxi in a superman tank top and black sweats.

After paying the driver in cash and thanking him for the ride I open the car door. Being in a rush, like I always am. As I’m getting out I spill my coffee all over the front of my sweats and then get them caught on the side of the door.
“Rippp!” My face turns bright red as I turn to look to look at the back of my sweats. There's now a giant hole behind my knee. Thinking to myself “Well it could have been worse I guess”. Finally I grab my bags and head inside to find out who all else is going on the YWS trip.
Last edited by Bambi on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
" I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don’t let anybody tell you different." ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 20, 2015 7:48 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Rydia

When @TheWanderingWizard and a whole group of others turned up with the rich smell of coffee in their hands, Rydia couldn't help but squirm with jealousy. Not because they had coffee - in truth the only thing she liked about the brown muck was its smell - but because the cafe where they got it from probably sold hot chocolate as well.

"I wonder if there's time to get some hot chocolate," Rydia mused as she looked up at the board to see if their gateway was up yet. It wasn't but she expected it would be soon and maybe they had hot chocolate on the plane, yes they probably-

"Rydia. Hey, uh- have you got a pen?" @Tuesday was bouncing on the balls of her feet as Rydia slowly blinked herself to attention and observed the pen in Tuesday's hand.

"Wait, you've-"

"-already got one, I know. But it's not working now because @JKHatt jammed the nib into the combination on his suitcase."

The offending party was crouched next to them and it looked like he was jamming something else into the offending lock, even as @IronSpark and @Bambi approached, both looking like they'd got ready in a hurry. Rydia smiled at them brightly but couldn't resist asking why somebody would break a perfectly good pen to get into a suitcase.

"But why would-"

"My towel's in there, at least I think it is, but I've got to open it up just in caaaase," JKHatt explained.

"Just in case it's not in your case?" @Lumi held a hand up for a high five and Rydia automatically responded by slapping it.

"Don't let @Charlie II hear you've taken over his puns gig," she warned with a slight smirk. "Sure, there's a pen in my handbag-"

Rydia indicated the blue bag on the table in front of where Bambi was standing.

"I can get it!" IronSpark offered, pulling the zip open and reaching inside. Bambi peered in as well while Tuesday continued to bounce up and down, notepad and broken pen still taking up all the room in her hands.

"Woah, how many snacks does one person need?" Bambi mumbled.

Rydia decided it was probably best not to try and defend her ridiculous supply of snacks, though she had intended to share them of course, and instead pointed at the electronic board.

"Looks like we're boarding now. Let's get on that plane, Venice here we come!"

Leaping to her feet, Rydia scooped up her handbag (minus one pen) and hurried to lead the way to the plane. Little did she know that Venice would not be their landing place and that soon they would all wish they'd brought a towel with them.
Writing Gooder

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Wed May 20, 2015 9:02 pm
View Likes
Tuesday says...

"You are being ridiculous. I am not giving you a pen," Tuesday stated as @JKHatt fumbled with the lock on the suitcase.
"All I need it to see if I have my towel."
"Look, you could at least remember if you had a towel. Besides it isn't that important for a towel."
"But-but Venice has water and.."
"And so what? You can buy one there," Tuesday stated as JKHatt grabbed her bag, digging through it.
"Hey! That is my bag, you bumble!" Tuesday exclaimed as she grabbed the bag from his hands, making JKHatt frown, cross his arms, and slumped in the airport seat. Tuesday sighed, resumed biting on the pen in her hand and looking at the crossword in front of her. She posed the pen on the paper, then returned it to her mouth gnawing on the button. Soon, she had finished the cross word and proud of herself, Tuesday slipped the pen back into her bag. JKHatt looked at the bag then Tuesday, smiling.
"Since you done with that pen, could I borrow it?"
"No."
"Oh come on! i just want to borrow it for three minutes!"
Tuesday rolled her eyes, grabbing balls from her suitcase and set them on her feet, soon juggling them. She couldn't wait to show these off at Venice; everyone would be jealous or maybe want her autograph or-

"Hey, nice moves there, friend!" A girl with a flower in her hair, said. She smiled, holding onto a blue and green carry-on.
"Thanks!" Tuesday said, as the girl sat next to her while putting her carry-on, on her lap. "I'm Tuesday."
"I'm @CaylleenTheElf. Nice to meet you," CaylleenTheElf said as she reached out with a hand, which Tuesday shook and smiled. Suddenly, she heard her bag being rustled through and sighed. Tuesday turned around to see JKHatt digging through her bag, grabbing receipts and making a disgusted face.
Tuesday grabbed her bag, glared at JKHatt, who dangle a pen in front of her face as she groaned out of frustration. Tuesday turned around to CaylleenTheElf who was flipping through a movie magazine and peeked over.

"Oh a movie quiz!" CaylleenTheElf squealed as she showed Tuesday. "I would need a writing thing. Do you happen to have one?"
"No. That guy over there has my last pen, trying to pick his lock to see if he has his towel. Really it is pointless since my picking lock pen is at my house," Tuesday said as she noticed a girl she knew, siting tow seats away from her.
"I could go ask, @Rydia. I am sure she has a pen at least, before we board the plane. Be right back." Tuesday said as she grabbed her ball, juggling them on her feet until she stopped in front in Rydia.

"Rydia. Hey, uh-have you got a pen?"
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:48 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

Rydia

When she'd booked the tickets for the flight, Rydia hadn't realised that she'd been booking out the whole plane. She realised now that in retrospect, it should have been obvious that in order to take the whole of YWS on holiday, they would need a whole plane. She was just surprised that there was one big enough.

"Hey, that one's my seat. It says so on the ticket," @IronSpark grumbled as one of the newbies bounced around in the seat.

"And I suppose my seat's all the way at the back of the plane with all of the other noobs where we can be forgotten and ignored forever!!!"

There was a softening in Spark's eyes. "Now we don't use the term noobs, you're a newbie and we're nice to newbies and-" The cogs were turning in Spark's head; this was not the way to win back the seat and Spark obviously knew it. The newbie saw an opportunity and pounced:

"I so much want to be a part of all the cool clubs! I'm really an awesome person! If you just let me sit here, I'm sure you'll all really like me."

The newbie looked up with eyes as wide and hopeful as an alleycat's.

"Those seats were randomly assigned," Rydia muttered as she sank back in her own and rolled her eyes. @Tuesday sitting beside her sniggered.

"Spark is definitely going to give in. Spark's being owned by a newbie."

Rydia smirked and then a voice called for all of their attention as a flight attendant started to go through the safety instructions. She used her arms to indicate the exits of the plane and then she showed them how to properly fasten their seat-belts. There was a pause in the demonstration and the plane tore down the runway and took off. Rydia clutched the arms of her seat for a moment as they were vertical and then they straightened out and were ailing through the clouds.

"I guess now's a stupid time to ask how to fasten my seat-belt?" @AndrewRayne asked from behind. "I couldn't hear any of those instructions over freakforchrist's snores."

"I think we can actually unfasten them now," @Bambi replied with a soft giggle.

Rydia was doing just that and preparing to stand and go and find out if Nate had made it on to the plane when there was a great whooshing sound and then a series of clatters and bangs.

"You don't think-"

But of course, as was often the case with attempts to do anything with all the members of YWS, the unthinkable happened. The plane began to tip vertical again and then it crashed through the air and Rydia rushed to the window to peer out at what might be the last thing she ever saw.

"I've got it open, I've got my towel!" @JKHatt exclaimed.

"You're going to need it," Rydia muttered as she stared down at the oncoming rush of blue. They were going to crash into the sea.
Writing Gooder

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:40 am
View Likes
AndrewRayne says...

Andrew | Inside the Plane

Andrew couldn't hear a word of what was being said from the co-pilots, let alone the attendants. Not over the snoring at least. Deciding to try and make a joke over it to make light of Spark's conversation about seat arrangements, he played stupid.

"So er... how do you fasten these again?" he asked smiling.

The girl @Bambi played off it too which was nice. Andrew watched as @Rydia tried to stand up as the plane plunged towards the earth. There was no way we were going to come in that hot. Absolutely no way.

Andrew jumped up, steadying himself with his hands on the backs of the seats. The plane began to vibrate violently and suddenly. He wrapped his hand around the head rest of Rydia's seat and pulled her into it as the oxygen masks came flying out. The military side of him kicking in before even the attendants could gather about their wits.

"Here, everyone put these on. Quickly!" he bellowed over the commotion of the plane. Latching onto the seat as the turbulence kicked up.

He went around to each person that needed help, calming them down and assisting them into their oxygen masks as best he could with one hand. Clawing his way down the aisle of the plane as he worked against the violent shudders and vertical climb. He could feel his own breath getting harder as he went on. The turbulence started to kick up again as the pilots instructed them to brace for the impact.

The attendants were there to meet him half way down the plane having secured everyone on the back side. Quick nods and Andrew was back to his seat, shoving his own mask down into place and lacing himself in. He took a deep breath as he told himself what he had told everyone else.

"Relax, don't tense up. You'll be ok." in his head however, he remembered falling 32000 feet from the sky over Baghdad. The chopper spinning around uncontrollably as his friend Florence was ripped from his seat by the G-Force. Andrew gripped the sides of the seat as hardly as he had done to the "oh-shit" handles inside the bay that day. Like a flood every man he had lost came rushing back to him as the plane shook harder.

Particularly, his best friend, Blake Pursel. More importantly, the last words he had said to him came rushing back. His eyes closed and he was sitting in the back of a Humvee waiting for the E-Vac to pick him up. They both knew they weren't picking him up alive.

"Eyes forward, you're not allowed to die."

Another turbulence kicked him out of his reverie, making his teeth grit. "Oorah." he said quietly to himself as he saw the waves in the windows.
My favorite soundtracks, are the ones that pull me away from every other sound.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:01 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Rydia | The Plane is Landing

The view from the window was all blue in almost calming shades, but the scary part was where the sky met the sea and Rydia stared, transfixed, and was only broken out of her shock by the sharp pull on the front of her shoulders. The hands dragged her back into her seat and she felt an oxygen mask bounce lightly against her head as they started to spring out all around them.

"This is so not good," Rydia mumbled as @AndrewRayne seemed to take control of the situation. Rydia put on the mask as he suggested commanded and looked around to make sure everyone else was doing the same. Had she paid for insurance? Would insurance even cover this or was Nate going to kill her for getting half of their members killed?

It seemed to take only minutes to get everyone strapped in, but by then the plane had descended at an alarming rate and despite the pilot's best efforts to pull up, was still due to meet the ocean almost head on.

"I should have finished my novel!" @TheSilverFox despaired as a similar thought occurred to Rydia that she might now never know who Harry Dresden's mother actually was. Of course, the Dresden Files weren't her own novels but since it had been so long since she'd actually written anything and since she might very well die here, she was definitely allowed to despair over having not finished someone else's books.

"This is giving me a really great idea for a poem!" @Meandbooks declared. "I really hope I'll have time to write it."

There were similar murmurs of consent and Rydia wondered if they'd all be made better writers by this experience, or at least scared into writing, just as the Plane straightened out at what seemed like the last moment and glided into the water hard.

Rydia felt her whole body pressed against her seat as the plane lurched forward and then the motor spluttered and gave out. For a moment, Rydia felt herself thrown forwards but the seat-belt did its job and pulled her back against the chair. There was a moment of eerie silence as people checked if they were alive.

"Are we floating? Why didn't the plane sink?" Rydia wondered aloud.

"They don't," @Gravity told her. "They're built not to because the water's the safest place to make an emergency landing."

"I guess that makes sense."

There was a sharp click and Rydia turned around to see that AndrewRayne had unbuckled his seat belt and was standing up.

"We'll get out through the emergency hatch," he said. "But we have to find the lifeboats and the life jackets."

"Right," Rydia agreed, also undoing her seat belt and standing up. "Maybe we'll be able to see where the nearest land is..."

"I hope it's somewhere warm," @QueenAnne declared. "I've only brought my shorts."
Writing Gooder

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:34 pm
erilea says...

Artemis jumped over the gate, ignoring the few security guards who were blocking it, and sped for @Rydia. They were heading away from her, moving quickly to catch their flight.
"WAIT UP!"
Her call brought the group to a halt and she gladly recognized @Blaspherica, @Hattable, and @AstralHunter. At least it wasn't a prank.
Running as fast as she could (which was pretty fast) she caught up with them in a few seconds. After checking her quiver to make sure her arrows were still there, she smiled. "So... it's real?"
"Yeah, it's real!" @Rydia exclaimed, looking through her bag. "I just gotta check these tickets. I can't believe we have so many."
"You did invite everyone in YWS--" @Hattable started, but before he could finish Artemis felt a hand on her shoulder.
"Anyone want chocolate?"
"@ChocolateCello!" She exclaimed, snatching a piece of chocolate and gratefully eating it. "Nice to know we have some snacks."
"Ah, it's all up for grabs. I already had the endpin and the pegs." Looking up, Artemis did notice the pegs were gone.
@Elysium, who Artemis didn't realize was here, snapped off the entire scroll and ate it. "Elysium!" Artemis sighed in relief. One of her best friends on YWS.
"And @Dracula's right there, talking to Rydia." Elysium pointed out, still chomping a piece of chocolate. Artemis grinned as Rydia led the group away again. She grabbed hold of her silver suitcase and followed.
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

I think the more you understand myths, the more you understand the roots of our culture and the more things will resonate.
— Rick Riordan