z

Young Writers Society

The Doctor Games (open!)

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:33 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C7Ys_hhHCA
That ^^ is the inspiration of this whole thing :-) That said, there will a few differences. Watch this, and you'll know where I'm coming from.

Storybook Etiquette
I want this kinda relaxed, but I still want dedication. I WILL kill off doctors/Companions who don't post, until only the best writers and posters are left. Toadying is a bonus...
I don't really care about getting the facts about the Hunger Games right, but if you make obscure Doctor Who references I get, then that is a bonus and you may last longer. :-)
Also, THIS IS AN IMPORTANT RULE, you can make any post, as long as it is cannon with what has already happened in the SB. This means if you make planning in the DT, that's fine, but no-one has to follow it. I don't want masses of planning, this should be slightly spontaneous at least.
Everyone is welcome to join, regardless of fandom knowledge.

Background, setting, and Storybook structure

The SB will start at the cornucopia, around which will be littered a couple of sonic screwdrivers, a 40 ft scarf, jellybabies etc. Although the doctors will be wearing their regular clothes, they will not have their usual items in their pockets. I will sketch and post a map, but most of the decisions about the landscape will be up to you. The NPCs will be killed here (You will probably have to changes the Doctor's attitude to killing slightly, I don't want a bunch of pacifists,) and after that I will declare people who will die. Every character who dies will get 100 points as consolation, and after that will be killed off by whichever character wants to in subsequent posts.
As you may have noticed, there is no real backstory for this. Very loosely, some baddies have stolen all the doctors' tardises, and will only give it back to the winner of the games. For the companions, it will return them to their home world, or other destination of their choice.

Spots and Characters

There are 24 spots, but I will start once most of them are taken and kill off the rest. One for every Doctor, and a companion from each. Obviously Hurt is a loner, which is lucky as we have 13 doctors. This also means we only have 12 companions for thirteen doctors, so I'm going to remove Cappaldi's companion because he has only had Clara... So if you're dying to play Clara get him for Smith. If anyone has any special requests, like replacing the 3rd doctor's companion with Rodger Del Guardo, just ask me. It'll probably be fine. Remember though, I want you to do at least a little bit of research of your character if you don't know them. Here are the available characters. I will update this when I get a request, but if there are two requests before I update it, then first come first served.
DOCTORS WHO
1-Hartnell ~ Free/NPC
2-Troughton ~ Free/NPC
3-Pertwee ~ Free/NPC
4-Baker, Thomas ~ Free/NPC
5-Davison ~ Free/NPC
6-Baker, Collin ~ Free/NPC
7-McCoy ~ Free/NPC
8-Mcgann ~ Free/NPC
9-Hurt ~ Free/NPC
10-Eccleston ~ Free/NPC
11-Tennant (just the one) ~ Alex, dog of Sushi
12-Smith ~ Teddybear22
13-Cappaldi ~ Free/NPC
COMPANIONS
14-Hartnell companion ~ Free/NPC
15-Trougton companion ~ Free/NPC
16-Pertwee companion ~ Free/NPC
17-Baker (Tom) companion ~ Free/NPC
18-Davison companion ~ Free/NPC
19-Baker (Collin) companion ~ Free/NPC
20-McCoy companion ~ Free/NPC
21-Mcgannion (sorry, had to do that) ~ Free/NPC
22-Eccleston companion ~ Free/NPC
23-Tennant companion ~ Free/NPC
24-Smith companion (Clara Oswald) ~ MeandBooks

I still want you to submit character profiles. I realise these are not original characters, but it makes things easier, and it proves that you have done at least some research. I don't mind about how you set it out though.

Finally, any questions, ask me on my wall, by PM, in the DT or my courier pigeon.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

“I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince