z

Young Writers Society

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:43 pm
Omni says...

Spoiler! :
SPOILER WARNING: What you are about to read contains spoilers for the show Legend of Korra. Proceed with caution.

Note: This Storybook is based off of the TV Show, Legend of Korra, and it would be a lot easier on both of us if you have watched the show or at least have knowledge of the characters. If you don't, I will either persuade you to watch the show, turn you away, or both.

If you express interest, I will help you as much as I can. I want this storybook to be great, and if you do too, that's enough for me!

President Raiko stood up and held up his hand for silence. Looking about the small conference room on Air Temple Island, he sighed. "I gathered you all here today because you all have a strong relationship with the Avatar. I don't need to tell you that three weeks ago, she and Asami left for a vacation, and asked us not to bother them in the Spirit World.

"We have abided by her requests because he wanted to be in her goodwill for all that she has done for us. But strang things have been happening around the spirit portal, and our local Airbenders, Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo, have reported that the spirits have all but fled the portal to other areas of the map. So Jinora projected herself into the spirit world." He hesitated. "Perhaps Jinora would be better at explaining it."

Jinora nodded and sighed. "Korra created a new portal into the spirit world during the attack on Republic City. I'm not the expert in the spiritual side of airbending like my father is, but I think that whenever the Spirit Portal was created in the middle of Republic City, it offset the balance in the entrances of the two worlds. So, another Spirit Portal was made to balance out the one Korra made."

"Wait, wait, so you mean there's a total of four Spirit Portals now?" Varrick spouted out.

Raiko nodded. "That's not the only thing either. Korra and Asami are missing."

Bolin looked up. "We're going to have to go into the spooky, mysterious portal to look for them, aren't we?"

"Afraid so. Not all of us, however, since some of us have our duties. We'll launch a team of six to see what's on the other end of the portal."

Varrick clapped his hands together. "Sounds wonderful. When do we get started?"

The Synopsis

Korra and Asami have left to visit the Spirit World, but that was three weeks ago. The Air Nomads have all but left, seeking out new air benders in other places of the world, while what's left of Team Avatar get on with their lives. Bolin works with former Prince Wu and Republic City to establish a presidency in Ba Sing Se while Mako is Kuvira's guard as she goes through the justice system.

But something's off, and Jinora sensed it. Projecting her spirit into the spirit world, she realizes that Korra and Asami are missing, and there's another spirit portal leading into somewhere unknown.

It is now up to those who are left to find the Avatar and figure out what's going on in the spirit world.

Playable Characters

This is a fanfiction storybook, so only characters already in the series are allowed as playable characters. The full list is down below.

Spoiler! :
The premise for the characters chosen is this: These characters represent important forces to the world and/or close relations to Avatar Korra. Each have a reason for coming along to the meeting and for volunteering to find Korra and Asami and exploring the new spirit portal. I'll sort them out into groups and a brief reason why they're there.

Team Avatar

Mako
Bolin - Claimed by @Lumi

Team Avatar is there because President Raiko thought they knew Korra and Asami the best. They are given the first spots on the team to find the missing Avatar.

The Air Nation

Tenzin
Jinora - Claimed by @Zhia
Ikki

The Air Nation is new, but its roots with the spirits are still the closest out of all the nations. They were the one who sensed the changes in the spirit world and they were the first to find out Korra is missing. Some may not see need for the Air Nation to be involved with the volunteers, but they are needed for this to work.

The Metal Clan

Lin
Suyin
Varrick
Zhu Li

Involved with the reconstruction of Ba Sing Se, the Metal Clan has made steps in the right direction with restoring balance to the Earth Kingdom. Some are here for strictly personal reasons, while others are here for the protection of the world and its citizens.

Water Tribe Alliance

Desna
Eska - Claimed by @Omni
Kya
Tonraq

With control over the spirit portals at the North and South pole, tensions between the two tribes have lessened and they have found peace between them. They believe that the other spirit portals are just as important to the Water Tribes and intend on sending someone with as volunteering for the mission to find the Avatar and see what's on the other side of the portal.

It is up to the participants on who goes and why they go. Feel free to make head canon and collaborate with this.

As mentioned above, there will be a group of six for this Storybook, with more spots opening up if more people are interested or later on.

1. Eska - @Omni
2. Bolin - @Lumi
3. Jinora - @Zhia
4. Claimed by @Craz
5. Open
6. Claimed by @StellaThomas

Character Template

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]Age: [/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality: [/b]

[b]Powers/Strengths: [/b]

[b]Weaknesses/Fears: [/b]

[b]Other: [/b]
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
— Martin Luther King, Jr.