Young Writers Society

Pokemon MysteryDungeon: The Seventeen Plates of Arceus

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:16 pm
View Likes
Robusto says...

PMD: The Seventeen Plates of Arceus

You’re about to enter our world. A world inhabited only by Pokémon. Before you enter, I need to ask a few questions. We need to see if you’re trustworthy, if you can help us.

Name:
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Anything Else:

Very Interesting. Now, you must know at least something about us. Tell me, is there a specific Pokémon you’re fond of?

Species:

Quite fitting. I can see how someone like you can relate to that Pokémon. I am sure that you know of the Legendries. Godlike Pokémon of superb strength and power. Tell me, is there one in particular that you have always dreamed of working with?
Ally:
Spoiler! :
Arcticuno, Moltres, Mew, Raikou, Lugia, Celebi, Latios, Latias, Jirachi, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cresselia, Shaymin, Landorous, Keldeo, Meloeta, Diance, Mewtwo, Xerneas

Yes, I know. Not as many Legendries as you expected. We are currently divided. Many have turned to follow a path of destruction. They hunt down those still loyal to the old ways. As odd as this next question is, I feel it must be asked. Is there a legendary you hold a particular dislike for?

Nemesis:
Spoiler! :
Zapdos, Entei, Suicune, Ho-oh, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Heatran, Regigigas, Darkrai, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thunderous, Kyurem, Yveltal, Zyguard, Hoopa, Registeel, Kyoger, Regice, Regirock

Thank you. You are worthy. It is time you enter our world. I will explain the situation to you when you arrive… Genesect? Is that you? I was beginning to fear you had turned as well. Wait, what is… is that a Pokémon? Genesect, snap out of it! That thing is controlling…

A flash of white fills your vision. You hear a grunt of pain. Before you fall completely unconscious, you hear one last sentence.

Gather the plates…

And so begins this Pokémon Mystery Dungeon adventure. There are several locations in which you can have your character wake up in.
Spoiler! :
Marsh of light: A beautiful wetland full of life. It gets its name from the many luminous plants that grow there. It’s a popular tourist destination where many couples go to visit. It’s most memorable plant is the Heart Lotus, which couples present to each other as a symbol of love.

Northern Plains: A snowy land that is unforgiving to the unprepared, it’s only sign of civilization is a small village of ice types. Atop a massive mountain in this region resides the Glacial Museum, though its doors have been sealed shut for centuries.

Sazandora Desert: A vast desert that is not scarce in beautiful oases. A thriving village of shopkeepers and traders resides here, as well as the infamous Ground Zero temple.

Frontier Town: A simple village dedicated to supplying adventurers with any supplies they may need. Is run by mayor Bub, a corrupt Snorlax in the Legendries pocket. Since the founding of the New Order, Bub has been arresting anyone he thinks as suspicious and sending them off to Mt. Providence. He has a team of Machoke he sends out to do his dirty work.

Cobalt Bay: A bay teeming with sea life. Despite being connected to the ocean, the bay’s water is not salty and actually contains many nutrients and minerals. It’s said this is due to the presence of the Palace of Tides on an island in the bay.

Greatwood Jungle: A dense and dangerous jungle with trees as tall as some mountains, this jungle is home to many deadly predators. That hasn’t stopped others from entering it in search of the mythical Palace of Fauna, said to contain untold riches. A tribe of Seviper, Arbok, and other Snake Pokemon that live in the jungle ensure that very few explorers make it out of the Jungle alive.

Mt. Providence: This mountain gets its name from the great fortune its mines once brought miners. Now, this mountain is used by the Legendries as a prison for those that go against their tyrannical rule. Prisoners there are forced to mine for valuable materials such as evolutionary stones to supply the Legendries army. An example of its severe security is the fact that one of the many prisoners there was in fact a guard who had forgotten the password of the day.

The great Crevice: A long fault line running through a barren wasteland, this crevice has exposed a lake of lava far below the Earth. Since the discovery of diamond deposits, many have tried to venture in and get some of the riches, but now the only diamond left is too far down to get, leading to very few adventurers and treasure hunters coming here anymore. There are many ledges running down the crevice, offering a wary explorer many places for rest.

Land of the Dead: Essentially a massive graveyard, this valley is home to many dark secrets. Only a few brave non-dark types even think about venturing there. Home to many Dark and Ghost types.

The Legendary chosen as your ally will be the one that finds you and will help you in other ways, though your real ally's will be your fellow humans.
Use the character template for creating your character.
Spoiler! :
Name: (Your character can either remember their name, or have forgotten it leading to another character giving them a new name)

Age: (Can provide an approximate or specific age. After all, you have lost your memory)

Personality: (How do you relate to others, etc)

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Anything Else: (Physical traits unique to your species or mannerisms)

Species: (Would prefer if first evolutions were chosen. Not only does it not make you overpowered, but it also leads to cool scenes in which you evolve and save the day)

Moveset: (What moves does your character know. I prefer it be kept at a max of four, but you can add a few additional moves if you feel its necessary.)

Ally: (Choose a Legendary from the list. If the one you want has already been taken, choose another. Ones marked in red have been taken.)

Nemesis: (Same rules as ally.)

Backstory, mission, and other details will be explained in the first post. For now, get those characters registered. Hope to hear from you.
Last edited by Robusto on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:57 am, edited 13 times in total.

24 Reviews

Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:45 am
View Likes
Robusto says...

Zulu the Noibat: Awakening

A Volbeat and Illumise flew through the moist air of the Marsh. Traces of moonlight shown through the thick foliage of trees, illuminating the both of them. The Volbeat suddenly swooped down and picked up a glowing lotus flower, flying back up to his partner.

“For you, my love.” He said, holding the luminous blossom to his lover.

“Thank you. It’s beautiful.” She responded, clutching the flower to her chest. The two settled on a stone bridge built across a stream in the marsh.

“I wish we could just sit here forever.” The Illumise said dreamily, staring at the stars through the foliage.

“Why? Sure I’d have you to keep me company, but the scenery would get old fast. What makes this place so cool is that you don’t see a place like it every day.” The Volbeat responded.

“True. Then I wish I could just be with you forever.”

“Now that’s something that wouldn’t get old.”

The two lovers nuzzled as they sat on the bridge.

“Hey…what’s that?” The Illumise suddenly asked, looking towards the water. Something was floating downstream.

“Probably just some driftwood.” The Volbeat said, trying to restart the affectionate moment.

“No. I think it’s… wait! It’s a Pokémon!” Illumise shouted.

The Illumise was right. A small Pokémon was floating face down in the water, the current pushing them downstream.

“I’ll save them!” The Volbeat shouted, opening his wings and diving towards the Pokémon. With little effort, the Volbeat picked up the drenched Pokémon and brought them back to the bridge. He laid the Pokemon out on the stone. It was a Noibat, completely soaked from the water.

“Is he breathing?” The Illumise asked. The Volbeat leaned in close to the Noibat’s chest. Nothing.

“Cradle his head.” The Volbeat told his significant other. She did as she was told, cradling the Noibat’s head. The Volbeat began to push on the Noibat’s chest, trying to get him to spit up any water he might’ve swallowed. Suddenly, the Noibat convulsed in a fit of coughing, water flying out of him mouth. The Volbeat backed away as the Noibat sprang up, eyes wide.

“Easy. You’re ok.” The Illumise said, trying to calm him down. The Noibat looked wildly around, panting for air.

“Just take it slow. Deep breaths.” The Volbeat said, still keeping his distance from the Pokémon. He wasn’t sure whether he was dangerous or not. The Noibat looked like he was calming down. But then his eyes fixed on his rescuers, and he freaked out. He backed up against the stone sidewall of the bridge, looking in fear at the two bugs.

“You just talked!” He shouted, panting hard again.

“Uhh… yes. We did.” The Volbeat responded. Maybe this Noibat had hit his head before falling into the water.

“Volbeats can’t talk! Only Chatots can!”

“No, we can talk. Pretty much anyone can talk.” The Illumise said. The Noibat turned to the voice and saw the Illumise was also talking.

“Just try to calm down and we can help you.” The Volbeat said, moving slowly towards the Noibat, who was starting to calm down.

“Ok… ok. Ok, I’m calm.” The Noibat said to himself, his breathing slowing.

“Good. Do you remember what happened?” The Illumise asked.

“What do you mean? What happened?” The Noibat asked, confused by the question.

“We just saved you from drowning. Valerie saw you floating in the river, so I flew down and pulled you out.” The Volbeat said, referring to the Illumise.

“I was drowning?” The Noibat asked, alarm in his voice.

“Don’t get too excited again. Yes, you were. My Tommy flew down and grabbed you out of the river. Do you remember how you got there?”

The Noibat clutched his head, the claws on his wings pressing into his head.

“Claws? Wings? Claws on my wings?”

The Noibat brought his hands, or rather claws in front of his eyes. Sure enough, he had claws, with purple wings hanging off his stubby arms. The Noibat jumped up, looking over the side of the bridge. Reflected in the water was the face of a Noibat.
“Waah!” He screeched, falling backwards. Luckily the Volbeat caught him.

“I’m a… I’m a Pokémon?” He asked, looking himself over.

“Of course you are. We all are. Are you sure you’re feeling well? Any headaches or pains? You might have hit your head when you fell in the water.” The Volbeat spoke, but the Noibat wasn’t listening.

“This is wrong. I’m not supposed to be a Pokémon.” He said, standing up out of the Volbeat’s grip.

“Then what are you supposed to be?” The Illumise asked. Both the Volbeat and Illumise shared a worried glance. This Noibat obviously had a concussion.

“I’m supposed to be a human!” He shouted.

“A what?” The Volbeat asked.

“A human. You know, tall, pale, no fur.”

“I think maybe you’ve been reading too much into fairy tales. Just how old are you anyway?”

“I’m… um. I’m pretty sure… I can’t remember. Oh gosh, I can’t remember anything.” The Noibat realized, clutching his head again.

“But you remember you’re supposed to be a human?” The Volbeat questioned skeptically.

“Yes, I can remember that much. But I can’t remember anything else…” The Noibat sighed.

“Right… look, let’s help you to town. There’s a Slowking there that specializes in helping mon like you.” The Illumise said kindly.

“Wait. You think I’m crazy.” The Noibat realized, backing away from them.

“No, we don’t think you’re crazy. You’re just a little confused is all.” The Volbeat said.

“I’m not going anywhere with you. I’m not crazy. And I need to find something important!” He shouted, turning to waddle away.

“Wait! You’re not healthy enough to just go wandering…”

Suddenly, a loud clap of thunder echoed throughout the marsh. Dark storm clouds began to form in the sky at an unnatural speed, blocking the beautiful starlight.
“A storm? But how did it get here so quickly?” The Illumise asked the Volbeat.

“I don’t know. Kid, come on! It’s not safe out…”

All three of them were blinded as a massive lightning bolt struck the bridge in between the couple and the Noibat.

“Tsk tsk tsk. Fraternizing with the enemy is a criminal offense.” A scratchy but powerful voice spoke. The Noibat opened his eyes, and saw a powerful being before him. It was a massive bird covered in yellow and black feathers, which were shaped in a jagged pattern. As it looked at him, he felt pure hatred emanating from it. The couple opened their eyes to see the same thing.

“Z-Zapdos?” The Volbeat stuttered.

“That’s Lord Zapdos to you whelp. Like I said, fraternizing with the enemy is a criminal offense against the New Order. So if I were you, I’d get lost and just maybe I’ll forget about this.”

“The enemy? But that’s just a young Noibat.” The Illumise said.

“Five. Four. Three…” Zapdos counted.

The Illumise and Volbeat instantly took wing, flying away as fast as they could. Zapdos fixed his glare back on the Noibat. He began stepping towards him, his large talons leaving vicious claw marks on the stone.

“So, you’re one of the brave heroes old Spacey decided was needed.” Zapdos said. He suddenly lunged out with one of his talons, knocking the Noibat backwards onto the marshy ground just past the bridge. Zapdos flapped over, landing with one talon pressing into the Noibat’s chest.

“I’m not impressed. Palkia really scraped the bottom of the barrel with this plan of his.”

The Noibat struggled for air under the massive talon.

“Sorry, but it looks like your visit here is going to be cut short. Let Giratina know I said hi.”

Zapdos began pressing down on the Noibat with his talon.

“No…please. Stop!” The Noibat shouted.

“No.” Zapdos responded. As he pressed harder, the Noibat began to sink into the mud.
“I wonder. Will you get crushed first, or survive long enough to suffocate in the mud,” he pondered aloud. Though he just had a beak and so couldn’t smile, the Noibat could tell Zapdos was enjoying this.

“Somebody… help.” The Noibat choked out.

“Sorry, no one but us around he...”

Zapdos was suddenly flung off the Noibat in a flash of energy.

“A despicable creature like you isn’t deserving of the title Legendary.” A feminine but equally powerful voice said.

Zapdos flipped off his back, spreading his wings threateningly.

“Who did that? Show yourself!” He ordered, looking about for his attacker.

A Pokémon about the same size as Zapdos floated down through the canopy of trees.

“Cresselia!” Zapdos shouted in anger.

The Lunar Pokémon came to a stop, floating near the Noibat. Using her Psychic, she levitated the wounded Pokémon out of the mud.

“Can you fight?” She asked.

“I don’t know how to use moves.” The Noibat answered, trying to catch his breath.

“Then now’s a good time as any to learn.” Cresselia smiled to the Noibat.

“I’m not some target practice! I’m a God!”

Zapdos squawked in pain as a psychic field enveloped him.

“That should weaken him. Go ahead. I see you know Air Cutter. Try that first.”

The Noibat didn’t care how she knew what moves he knew. He at least remembered enough to know what moves were supposed to look like. He shook the mud off his wings and began to flap. Zapdos struggled against the field, but it held fast against him. The Noibat looked at the Thunderbird, and felt a burning anger. He had just tried to kill him. Now it was payback. He felt energy build in his wings.

The Amnesiac Noibat used Air Cutter

With a strong thrust forward, energized blades of wind flew at Zapdos. He tried to shift even a little to avoid the attack, but the field gave him no movement. The attack hit him full on, causing him to grunt in pain.

“Like the bite of a Bidoof,” Zapdos mocked through a gritted beak.

“Very good.” Cresselia praised.

“Thanks.” The Noibat responded, feeling happy.

“I think a supersonic should leave him dazed enough for us to make our escape. Go ahead and try one. It’s a simple enough move to use. Just screech at a high frequency.” Cresselia instructed

The Noibat nodded. He turned back to the Zapdos.

“Don’t you dare, you little whelp.” Zapdos threatened, electricity crackling off his feathers. The sight scared the Noibat a little, but he remembered that Cresselia was right there with him. Now more confident, the Noibat opened his mouth and let loose an ear piercing screech. Zapdos shut his eyes, grunting in pain from the volume of the Supersonic. But even Zapdos couldn’t withstand the effects. The sheer frequency of the sound wave addled his brain, leaving him confused.

“Now quickly, follow me. I’m not certain how long the effects will last.” Cresselia said. The Noibat fluttered over to her.

“Grab on to me.” She instructed. The Noibat did so, wrapping his small arms around her elongated neck.

“Hold on tightly.” She said. No sooner had she finished speaking, she rocketed up through the trees in a burst of psychic energy, leaving the Marsh of Light and Zapdos far behind in seconds. Back in the marsh, Zapdos stumbled around, trying to find where the duo went. His vision was filled with Noibats, taunting and laughing at him. Zapdos laughed too, the confusion causing him to be unable to think clearly..
“Hehe, I’ll kill him. HA HA HA! I’LL KILL HIM!” He cackled insanely.

Cresselia stopped her flight above a peaceful looking forest, descending down through a break in the tree line into a clearing. When she neared the ground, the Noibat released his death grip on her neck.

“Are you alright?” She asked.

“Yes.” The Noibat answered, shaking a bit.

“Thank you for saving me.” He said to her once he had calmed.

“It was my duty, nothing more.” Cresselia stated.

“Why did he try to kill me?” The Noibat asked, looking up to Cresselia. She craned her head a little to look onto her back.

“Because you’re a threat to him and the New Order.” She answered gravely.

“The New Order?”

“I should probably start from the beginning. Palkia was meant to brief you on everything when you arrived, but… it doesn’t look like he’ll be able to do that now.”
Cresselia lowered herself to a rest on the forest floor.

“The New Order is what many are calling this new system most of the Legendries support now. They believe in an absolute rule over the Pokémon of our world. And they’ve succeeded in getting it established. The Legendries that support this rule have taken to proclaiming themselves Lords and Kings of Pokémon, saying they seek to bring peace and justice to this chaotic world. But they rule very cruelly. Zapdos is actually fairly decent compared to some of the others. Hoopa for starters… actually, I think it’s best if we avoid discussing him. The point is, the Legendries were tired of just being there to help the world. They now want to rule it.”

“What about you?” The Noibat asked.

“I have no desire to oppress. The Pokémon of this world have always looked to us for protection, but now we are feared by them. The Legendries say they’re finally getting the respect they deserve, but what they have is not respect.”

“So what is this plan Palkia came up with? I heard Zapdos mention it.” The Noibat said, recalling the still painful memory.

“Palkia is one… was one of the Legendries who believed what was being done was wrong. There are actually quite a few of us that do. So he worked out a plan to do the unthinkable. To defeat Arceus.”

The Noibat didn’t quite grasp the severity of the situation. He knew Arceus was a Pokémon, but not how powerful he was.

“Palkia recalled the legend of Arceus’s Divine Plates. They function much like normal elemental plates, but even more powerful and can even offer their holder additional protection once they've bonded enough with their holder. But Legendries cannot remove them from their resting places, which we didn’t even know where those were in the first place. Then Palkia came up with a plan. It was too risky to have a Pokemon from this world retrieve them for us. They could be too easily swayed to the side of the enemy. So, we decided to summon humans from the world parallel to this one to help us.”

“You mean I’m not the only one?” The Noibat asked hopefully.

“I pray not. Those loyal to Palkia, who was in a sense leader of our “resistance”, have spread out looking in likely spots where other humans might appear. But Zapdos’s presence here shows that the others loyal to Arceus are aware of what Palkia managed to do and are also out hunting. You were all meant to appear in the same place, but Genesect’s attack sabotaged the summoning. As a result, you all are likely scattered across the continent with no memory of who you were.”

“Oh…” The Noibat sighed. If he’d been dropped in a river and almost drowned, who knows where the others are. For all he knew, they could have been dropped in a volcano. Though that wouldn’t be a problem if they were fire type.

“You do have amnesia, correct?” Cresselia asked.

“Yeah. I can’t remember a thing about my life.” The Noibat answered sadly.

“What about your name?”

“No. Not even that.”

“Well… I could give you a name if you’d like.” Cresselia suggested with a smile.

“Really? Thanks. I’d like that.” The Noibat said enthusiastically.

“Hmm… how about… Zulu?” Cresselia asked.

“I like it.” The Noibat, or rather Zulu said with a smile.

“Good.” Cresselia said. She began to look around the clearing.

“This was where all the resistance Legendries were supposed to meet up after we found more of the humans, but it seems we were the first back. I pray that the others have found their humans and are on their way back. But with our teleportation ability cut off and most of our powers severely weakened by the destruction of our artifacts, it may take them some time to return. I had to use quite a bit of energy to fly us here that fast. Maybe someday I’ll refabricate my Lunar Wing.”

“I’m sorry.” Zulu apologized, thinking it was somehow his fault.

“You have nothing to be sorry for. You should get some rest now Zulu. No doubt you’re exhausted, and you’ll need your strength for coming events.”

“Just one more question. These are Arceus’s plates right. What’s to stop him from using them against us?” Zulu asked.

“They’re called the plates of Arceus, but they were more a gift to mortals. Arceus has his own plate, the ??? Plate. The Legendries have never exactly been reliable for solving conflicts, so these plates were meant for mortal heroes, but they passed out of history centuries ago. Not even Arceus knows where they are now.”

“But a Legendary could use them, right?”

“Theoretically, though it’s never been tried. That’s enough questions for tonight Zulu. You need rest now.”

“Ok fine. But, I’m a Noibat now. Don’t they sleep during the day?” Zulu asked, looking at the night sky.

“I think that only counts with those born a Noibat. Though if it makes you feel better, you can sleep upside down.” Cresselia suggested.

“Cool.” Zulu said, eager to try it out. He fluttered over to a nearby branch at the edge of the clearing and grabbed onto it with his feet claws.

“You’re going to stay here while I sleep right?” Zulu asked, worry in his voice.

“Of course. I’ll stay right here.” She answered.

“Thanks. For everything.” Zulu said, starting to drift off from exhaustion.

“You’re welcome. Goodnight Zulu.”

And with that, Zulu drifted off to sleep. As Cresselia lay there, she wondered how the other Legendries were faring with their humans, and if they too had encountered any of the New Order.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:11 am
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

First there was nothing. Nothing but the slightest hint of a breeze and the gentle falling of snow to the pure white ground. Then there was a slight blur, a slight disturbance in the serene wasteland that slowly grew larger, and larger. The wind picked up speed sending the snow flakes driving against the ground with gale force. And the disturbance grew, sucking in snow and sending ice and dirt spiraling into the air.

Then, there was light. A flash of brilliant white lit up the pale gloomy sky and then a red ball exploded against the earth with a terrible crash. A blast of heat roared through the snow and melted the everlasting permafrost sending waves of ice across the tundra that instantly refroze in giant hills of crystalline water.

At last, the snow settled over the frozen mounds, and the wind died down and again there was silence. Then, slowly, a being of heat rose from the crater. It dropped to the ground, wavered then fell. And again there was nothing.

An Absol slowly peeked out of it's den. It had heard the blast and had hidden, waiting for the heat to subside. Now, the Absol gasped at the beautiful yet terrible power of the explosion. He tentatively trekked over to the first of the icy hills and peered into the blemish against the perfect landscape.

There, at the edge of the crater was a red form, a faint light against the growing darkness that was the New Order. Yes, the Absol knew who this was, a human, or at least it had been until the transformation, until the Resistance's need grew so dire that there was no other choice but to call out along the lines of space and time to recruit a new force.

The Absol sent out a call of it's own, a long deep howl that transcended the senses of mortals. His call went out to He of the Bells who ruled beneath the waterfall, waiting for the chosen to find him.

Thus the Absol called to Lugia.

Then he turned and watched in growing horror as the shadow on the horizon grew larger and larger.

The Absol would not sleep well tonight, nor would anyone who fell victim to that blasphemous monster.

Darkrai was coming.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:27 pm
Poopsie says...

"Find the plates"....

Frost

Frost watched as a massive red ball surged down towards earth. He himself had just woken up from an ungodly sleep with no memory of his former life albeit his name to find himself turned into a pokemon, more specifically, a Victini. The initial shock had passed quickly, and since their seemed to be no way to reverse this process, he decided to go along with it. That method had worked fine until 5 miles later and a temperature below freezing. Frost could feel his body giving up, his temperature falling, his muscles freezing up, but he had to keep moving, he had to find a way out of this barren plain.

Halfway up the foothill Frost stopped. His senses told him he was being watched. He slowly turned and looked around. Nothing. Yet he could still feel the presence, he scanned the barren plain, but found nothing but a ice and snow. Then, what he thought was ice, opened its eyes. A dragon of ice and snow burst from the ground and lunged at Frost. Summoning the last of his energy, Frost leapt to the side and began running towards the nearest trees. Hopefully he could lose the monster there. A roar came from behind him and a blast of ice flew past him. Frost was tempted to look back, but he had to focus in the trees, they were very close now, only a few more yards, then a blinding cold cut across Frost's stomach. The effect was instant. Frost's stomach muscles froze and he began hyperventilating. Frost fell to the ground, unable to move. A roar of triumph echoed from the dread beast behind him and a minute later, a huge claw encompassed his body.

"The New Order has need of you little one, be glad, otherwise I would've eaten you by now." the beast growled. Frost didn't answer, he couldn't. Instead Frost focused on breathing. He knew his diaphragm would probably freeze completely in a couple more minutes. Seeing no way out, Frost closed his eyes and waited for death. Then something strange happened. It grew warmer. For a minute, Frost thought he had died already, but when he opened his eyes, he knew it wasn't over yet. Two flaming wings and a beautifully plumed head stood over him like a guardian angel, a protecting light.

"Stand up little one, death has not taken you yet."

The ice beast roared and the fiery bird lunged, an explosion of heat and fire encompassed the ice beast, but the fire bird swooped back and landed near Frost, warming him with its presence. Frost could feel his muscles defrost, his body revive itself. He slowly got to his feet and looked up at the great bird. He suddenly realized its name.

"M..Moltres?"

The Bird nodded, then picked Frost up in its talons and leapt into the air, rising into the air with great beats of its wings. After a few hours of flying without speech, Frost decided to voice his thoughts.

"Where are we going? Who am I? Where did I come from?" Moltres looked down, a smile playing across her face.

"Well to start, you are a human transported to our world by....Palkia, who was our leader. I do not know who you are, Palkia's expirement failed when Genesect intervened and killed Palkia. Their must've been a malfunction, you were not supposed to end up here, you were not supposed to contract amnesia, you were...." There Frost cut Moltres off

"Wait a second, I have amnesia?"

" I.....I had a name....I had loved ones..... I had a mother a father..... they.... they were.." Frost broke off, tears rolled down his face, now the full shock of losing everything kicked in and Frost couldn't help but weep. He would never see them again. Whoever they were they were dear to him and now he would never see them again.

Moltres shook her head. "I grieve for you little one, but now is not the time. Now is the time to steel yourself. We are heading to Frontier Town to meet the rest of the legendries, they're all waiting with your companions."

"My companions?" Frost asked. Moltres nodded.

"Believe me when I say you are not alone in this."

Frost nodded, the feeling of companionship was always warming to him, with this knowledge he guessed he could live like this, it wasn't much but it was all they had. And that was everything to Frost."
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:21 am
Robusto says...

Zulu opened his eyes, feeling a little disoriented. Seeing Cresselia upside down in his vision though reminded him how he slept.

“Awake so soon Zulu?” Cresselia asked.

“What do you mean? I had a very nice sleep.” He answered.

“You only slept for maybe five hours.”

“Well I feel rested and ready to go. Let’s find those plates.” He said, letting go of the tree. He wasn’t used to his new body yet though and ended up falling onto the ground tangled in his own wings.

“I admire your enthusiasm. But none of the legendries that went off in search have returned.” Cresselia said, sadness in her voice.

“It’s weird. I can remember the names of most Pokémon and what they look like, but I can’t remember anything about myself.” Zulu said, untangling himself from his wings. He was glad Cresselia hadn’t seen that.

“If Palkia were still around, he could explain things.” She said, her voice even more solemn.

“Sorry for the question, but is Palkia dead?” Zulu tentatively asked, not wanting to make Cresselia more depressed than she already was.

“Yes. He’s dead. Genesect came prepared to fight him with his Electric typed Drive. That coupled with his surprise attack and Palkia didn’t stand a chance.”

“Were you two close?” Zulu asked, more curious now and forgetting his earlier caution.

“Perhaps it would be best to avoid such a subject.” Cresselia interjected, bringing the conversation to an end.

Suddenly, Cresselia’s head snapped up, the Lunar arch on her back glowing.
“Cresselia? What’s wron…”

“Hold on. Something’s approaching.” She hissed, Psychic energy forming around her. But a look of surprise spread across her face, and her alert demeanor went away.

“It’s one of the resistance. Sorry if I scared you Zulu. I’m a bit on edge.” Cresselia apologized.

“Who? Do they have a human with them?”

Before Cresselia could answer, a massive form swooped into the clearing, splashing water everywhere, most of which managed to land on Zulu.

“Lugia. It’s good to see you.” Cresselia said. Zulu wiped the water out of his eyes to see that the legendary of the ocean was indeed here. Zulu gaped at the sight. A real Lugia, in the flesh.

“No time for formalities Cresselia. Please tell me the Eon twins have returned.” Lugia said, speaking in an almost panicked voice.

“No, we’re the first to return. Is something wrong?” Cresselia asked, Lugia’s frantic demeanor obvious.

“I received word from one of my contacts, an Absol, that a human was sighted in Northern Planes.” Lugia explained.

“That’s good. One of our legendary allies stationed there will find them and bring them here.”

“Not unless Darkrai finds them first. He’s headed there now.”

Cresselia went silent at this. Zulu swore he felt a chill in the air at the mention of this Pokémon. He didn’t recall anything about a Pokémon called Darkrai.

“That’s why I need the Eon Twins. They’re the only ones who can get there fast enough.”

“Then we have no time to waste. I should have enough energy for a powered flight, but I may not have enough left to defeat Darkrai.” Cresselia pondered aloud.

“Take me with you. I can fight.” Zulu pleaded.

“I hardly stand a chance against Darkrai. I am sorry, but you are still too weak to take on a Legendary.” Cresselia explained.
“Besides, I need only delay Darkrai, not defeat him. If we lose any of the humans, Palkia’s sacrifice will have been in vain.”

“But I doubt Palkia wanted you to run suicide missions to keep us safe.” Zulu said.

“The human is right. You can’t hope to defeat Darkrai with as little energy as you’ll have. But the two of us together stand a chance.” Lugia said.

“Very well. Zulu, you may come along. Your job will be to get the human to safety while we repel Darkrai. With luck, we’ll all come out of this alive.”

“Cresselia, without a Victini, luck is not on our side.” Lugia joked.

“Just use as much power as you can spare to boost your flight speed. I’ll arrive ahead of you and engage Darkrai. While I hold him off, Zulu will get the human and run. Then we will vanquish him together.”

“Ok.” Zulu agreed. He felt a nervous feeling building in his chest. He was either scared, or excited. He climbed up on Cresselia’s back, shaking off the last of the water. Lugia began flapping his massive wings, rising into the air alongside Cresselia. Cresselia began glowing again, powering up for the quick flight.

“Be sure to hold on tight again Zulu. The last thing we need is to have you fall off at this speed.” Cresselia warned. Zulu grabbed her neck in a death grip, now certain that it was fear he was feeling.

“Don’t go and die on me Cresselia. Remember, right behind you.” Lugia encouraged.

“I know.”

And then in a flash of purple light, Cresselia launched herself and Zulu in the direction of Northern Plains. Lugia launched after them, the force from his Aqua Jet propelling him after her. Lugia hoped he wouldn’t be too late. Both to save the human and to protect Cresselia.

62 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:36 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

Frost

During the course of the trip, Moltres had restored Frost's energy and had begun teaching him two psychic moves and two fire moves.

"Psychic is relatively known as one of the hardest powers to master. To learn psychic, first one must clear ones mind and find an anchor, something you can channel your power from. Find this anchor and I will teach you what I know."

"Wait, aren't you only fire?" Throughout the flight, information of pokemon and their types came trickling into his mind, by the time they were halfway across the icy plain, Frost knew almost every pokemon and its type, he also realized the name of the monster who had attacked him. Kyurem.

Moltres smiled, " I may only be a fire type, but we legendries are required to learn as much as we can of each type whether it be in our interest or not. Now focus, clear your mind and find your anchor." Frost did as he was told and closed his eyes. Clearing his thoughts were fairly easy, after all, he didn't have much their other than information of pokemon their. Finding an anchor however was a whole different story. Frost had no anchor. He was an outcast, a loner, he had no strong emotions, no physical memory to speak of. After minutes of trying but failing to think of anchor, Moltres cut in.

"Having trouble? Think of a small fire, a candle, feel its warmth, take comfort in its rays, hold it and channel its calm."

Frost envisioned a candle, he felt the warmth, he saw its rays and he thought of a bubble, a bubble encompassing him and protecting him. That was what he wanted, protection and comfort, he envisioned this bubble wholeheartedly. Every minute detail, he felt warm, he wrapped this bubble around himself and for the first time since his rescue felt happy.

"Open your eyes." Frost heard Moltres and slowly opened his eyes. Around him, no, around both him and moltres was a massive bubble. He could see the snow deflecting off the bubble. The icy wind must've been deflected too because all of a sudden Frost felt warm, a wave of happiness washed over him and he smiled.

"This is great!" exclaimed Frost. Moltres looked astounded, she managed a smile.

"I've never seen such mastery from someone as new as you. It makes me wonder what you can do with fire."

"Fire? Am I going to learn Fire?" Moltres nodded.

"Compared to psychic, fire is a lot easier. Remember that flame you envisioned, now use it. Feel it coursing across your body, compress it, focus it until you can no longer, then release it. Push it out, force it with all your power. The more you focus, the more powerful the attack will be. Frost focused. He felt the energy build, he focused on the heat, envisioned the fire and fueled it with his anger, his rage at losing everything, no more fear, no more tears, only anger, pure raw emotion meant to go out with a bang, and that's exactly what happened. Frost released the energy, forced it out of him. He would no longer be victim to his own angry thoughts, now he had a way to vent his fear. The blast was huge, and Frost had to quickly erect a shield for fear of being burned. Moltres looked amused.

"that move is called Fire Blast. Remember, you may be gifted, but you still have a long way to go before you can face the New Order. We must protect you and train you as long as we......." Moltres swiveledher head lightning fast to the north. Frost could feel her shiver, then he felt it to. A malevolent presence, full of darkness and hatred so strong Frost could feel a tear slip from his eye. Moltres looked back at Frost.

"Change of plans, we are heading North again." Frost felt his stomach clench.

"Again? I thought we were heading to Frontier Town?"

Moltres nodded," That was originally the plan, but I've picked up two legendries, allies, heading north towards.....towards Darkrai. We need to help them, um, can you fly?" Frost had no idea what Moltres was talking about,but he focused on himself, he envisioned himself floating, becoming lighter than air. All of a sudden, a bubble formed around him and he began to float. Moltres looked pleased.

"Alright then, follow me and whatever happens, do not engage Darkrai." With that, Moltres turned and took off, Frost close behind.
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

54 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:52 pm
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

Slowly, the world came into focus, the blurry browns and whites congealing to reveal the earthy roof of a cave. --- woke from his sleep and groggily sat up. Why was he in a cave? Last thing he remembered he...wait, what was the last thing he remembered? --- eyes slowly widened as he realized the horrible answer to that question. His mother? Gone. His father? Nothing. His own name?

"My name, it's ---" yet even when he spoke it aloud, --- could not hear it, all his senses took in was a dull static. He repeated his name again and again, hitting the ground harder each time. Tears formed in ---'s eyes and he sobbed into his feathery arm.

Wait, feathers? --- lifted his head abruptly and looked at his arm in a growing sense of terror. His arm, no his entire body was covered in red and orange feathers and as he became aware of his new form, --- felt his...what were they? Slowly, he reached his hand up to were his hair should be. In it's place were two large plumes. This broke him.

Yelling in frustration, --- stood and dashed for the entrance of the cave. Suddenly, a consciousness invaded his broken mind and a voice, wise and powerful spoke.

"I would not go outside if I were you."

At this, --- stopped. A shadow stepped out to block the entrance, a wolf? No, it was far larger and sported a menacing spike on it's head.

"Death himself is coming." Said the voice, a hint of amusement playing along the wolf's lips.

--- shouted back, enraged and confused. He wanted answers.
+
"Where am I! What am I? What have you done to me!"

At this the wolf frowned.

"Strange, this wasn't part of the plan. I had heard the rumors but never believed them, they mentioned the death of Palkia and the foiling of our greatest endeavor."

---'s eye widened at the name.

"Did you say Palkia?"

The wolf turned back to ---.

"Well, this is going to be much harder to explain then I thought."

But --- wasn't listening anymore. He could only be in one place if Palkia was here. With blinding speed, he grabbed the wolf, no, the Absol by the scruff of its neck and hissed,

"What the hell am I doing here!"

Snarling, the Absol unleashed a wave of ice, knocking --- back.

"Don't touch me boy, I am not your enemy. That," Absol gestured to the darkness outside, "Is your enemy."

At first this confused --- and he tensed, ready to pounce on Absol for talking in riddles, then a sickening realization dawned on him.

"Its not nighttime yet is it."

At this the Absol smiled.

"My friend, I told you. Death is coming."

And with that, a form appeared, a form of horrid darkness that seemed to drain the life out of everything it touched, leaving it black and ashen. --- cringed upon sight of the form in the distance.

"We need to leave. I have called Lugia, he will deal with this while we escape.

All --- could do was nod. He turned and without knowing how, took off at a blinding pace. Absol followed and together they began their desperate escape from The Shadow.

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:30 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Flurry

Out of everything around her, the warm water was the normal part. Because as far as this snorunt knew, sand dunes, devil's spouts, and wavering vision on the horizon were not part of her natural habitat.

"Do you think it's a pokemon?" someone said. It was a raspy voice, almost too raspy... and they were a good several yards away.

"Doesn't look like one I've seen. To be honest, I think it looks like a straw hat. You know, like those ones the pokemon up... wherever they are, like what they wear?"

For some reason, the snorunt didn't like the idea of looking like a straw hat. She turned around and stared at the people behind her, just so she could size them up before unleashing verbal fury.

Only they weren't people.

If the snorunt's memory served correctly, the speakers were a vibrava and a krokorok. They talked.

Her mouth ran. "Oh my gosh you're talking," she said. Her voice sounded a little weird, like someone tapping an icicle with a spoon. "You're pokemon and you're talking."

The krokorok let his long, toothy jaw drop wide open, which was sort of gross. Then he snapped his mouth shut with a clack and looked down at the vibrava.

"You hear this kid?" it said. "What the heck's wrong with it? You think it's a... a yamask with the wrong mask?"

"Stupid, yamasks have red eyes. This poor pokemon has blue dots that probably serve the same function."

The snorunt cringed. Blue dots for eyes? What was she, a rag doll? Jumping to her feet, she whirled around to look into the pool before her.

Gosh, the sight was horrifying. Before the thoughts were even processed, the words flew out of the snorunt's mouth. "I look like a teepee," she said. "A little black shadow wearing a teepee hat. That's not even a real thing. And wait a minute." Silence followed, for the other pokemon were too shocked to speak.

"I'm a pokemon."

When the snorunt turned to look at the other two, the krokorok was leaning over towards the sand, one set of claws cupped around his jaws. It didn't look like an effective method of concealing mouth movement.

"That's one messed up kid," it said.

The snorunt bugged her eyes, or bugged them as much as she could. "Thank you very much!" she yelled. "I appreciate being told I'm messed up, but if you were a human once, and you got turned into a little shadow-thingy with a weird hat, you'd be messed up too."

"Humans don't evolve into pokemon kiddo," the vibrava called back, whirring its wings to add emphasis. "Are you perhaps dehydrated?"

"I woke up in a pond, can I really be dehydrated?"

The vibrava rolled its eyes, which looked kind of funny. "There's a lot of salt in a desert. That's probably not good drinking water. Anyways, you should come with us. We're headed for a big trading post. Maybe you can figure yourself out there."

If these pokemon could get the snorunt out of the desert, then power to them. She knew she didn't belong in a place like this anyway. It was too hot, and she felt like she was an icecube vaporizing in the sun.

As she followed the pokemon towards a shadow of a building in the distance, the snorunt listened to their conversation.

"We took in a bush-thingy yesterday," the krokorok said, again trying to cover up his whisper. "And now we have a hat thingy."

"Yes, and the caravan leader will not be happy that we're adding yet another moocher, but what choice do we have? Whatever pokemon that is, it won't survive here."

"That's not the point I was trying to make." Licking its chops, the krokorok raised a clawed finger, pointing it to the sky. "I'm saying, what if we run into another pokemon tomorrow? We had a bush, a hat, what next? A bird?"

Abruptly, the vibrava stopped. "The caravan head is a bird pokemon, you numbskull. Birds aren't even weird."

The snorunt had to admit that even if these two were ridiculous, at least they were kind-hearted. They'd taken in another pokemon the day before, and were still willing to let her come too. It was wonderful how generous they were, so wonderful.

Eventually, the little group reached the "buildings". Only they weren't really buildings. The snorunt wasn't sure what she'd been expecting when she heard "caravan", but this wasn't it.

Covered wagons lined up under the sweltering sun, each one hitched up to a dodrio or doduo, or sometimes a few of them. All sorts of pokemon hustled to and fro, shouting and carrying miscellaneous items and packages.

A flygon, resplendent in its green hues, flapped to the ground in front of the trio, a flash of annoyance hinted under its red eyes. "Brother, you are in trouble," it said. "The head is freaking out because the bush you brought in yesterday got a hold of that rare flower and it's all your fault."

"What happened to the flower, sis?" the vibrava asked.

"Yeah, what happened?"

Gah. That krokorok was stupid. The snorunt had half a mind to spit snow at him, then considered why she wanted to do that, and how she might go about it.

"See, no one knows," the flygon said. "Both it and the bush just disappeared a bit after you left."

"It's not my fault. And quit worrying; the bush can't have gotten far."

The krokorok put a thoughtful finger on his snout. "Really? I thought it could fly. It said it could."

Both flygon and vibrava laughed, their chuckles mixing with beating wings.

"That bush had stubby legs, a back of grass, and two flowers. If you think it could fly without wings, you're probably wrong." That was the vibrava. Always the sensible one it seemed.

The conversation began to wander, along with the snorunt's mind. She watched the caravan members scurry about, some flying, some walking, some tunneling through the ground. A blue bird with cloud-puff wings squawked orders from atop the middle wagon.

Suddenly, a slight noise caught the snorunt's attention.

"Psst!"

What the? What was that? The snorunt whipped around, searching up and down.

"Over here!" the voice said again.

No matter how she tried, the snorunt couldn't place where the voice came from. It was probably the hat-thing.

"I hear you," she said. "But where are you?"

There was a muttering noise, something like "here here," before the voice spoke up again. "You can hear me because I'm right..." the voice trailed off for a second. Then suddenly a strange, white and green pokemon burst out from under a wagon. "Here!" it shouted.

The snorunt stared at the other pokemon. If her face let her, she would have widened her eyes, screwed up her eyebrows, and backed away. Alas, she could only do the backing-away part.

"What are you?" she asked. She didn't even try to conceal her confused, half-disgusted tone.

"I'm Shaymin," the pokemon said. "You know, legendary, transforming, pun-maker extraordinaire. You caught my pun earlier, right?" It tossed its head and puffed up its chest to exaggerate the words.

All the snorunt could do was let out a long, low "uhhh."

"You... you didn't catch it, did you?"

The snorunt shook her head, which was more like doing a weird dance in a body like hers, and looked back at Shaymin.

"Uh, well, you know, I said hear, and then here, and like, they sound the same so it could be a pun and uh... you didn't get it at all, did you?" Shaymin sighed, looking at the cloudless blue sky above them. "Anyways, I'm supposed to bring you somewhere... I think, but uh... I don't know how I'm going to do that quite yet."

"You look way to small to carry anything," the snorunt said, "let alone me." That came out unexpectedly. She'd meant to say something about Shaymin bringing her somewhere.

"Right, and I don't think I'll be able to fly much longer. The heat here is wilting me."

That certainly looked to be the case. Shaymin's fur was a little shriveled, and the pink flower tucked beneath one ear could use some water. How did it even get here in the first place?

How did the snorunt get here?
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

24 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:20 pm
View Likes
Robusto says...

When Zulu opened his eyes, he was a little confused. The sun had been rising when they made the jump, but now it was dark as night. Had there been some mistake? Had he fallen unconscious during the ride and they were already too late?

“Darkrai is here.” Cresselia said.

“Can he sense you? Like you sensed Lugia?” Zulu asked.

“I’m using a little of my power to ensure he can’t. But being a Dark type, I can’t sense him with my telepathy.” Cresselia explained.

“Then how are we going to find him? A place named Northern Plains doesn’t exactly sound small.” Zulu said helplessly.

“It should be simple enough. Look.”

Zulu looked towards where Cresselia was looking. A path of melted snow had been carved through the plains, blackened grass underneath.

“D-did he do that?” Zulu asked in fear.

“Yes. But don’t worry; he only has that effect on things with weak life forces. Living things wouldn’t be affected, unless they’re close to death.” Cresselia said gravely.

“Darkrai is tracking the human now. Once we find him, I’ll drop you off ahead of him then backtrack. With luck, I can hold out long enough for Lugia to arrive. If not, then get him to safety. Find the others, and find the plates.”

“How? How can I do all that? We don’t even know where to start. How will we find all the plates?”

“I am certain that clues will reveal themselves to you. But don’t worry. I have no intention of falling to him. He lives off fear, so you worrying isn’t improving my chances. Stay happy and I’ll be fine.” Cresselia assured.

“Ok.” Zulu said, calming down a little.

“And I doubt the legendries stationed here overlooked Darkrai, so I may have some more aid coming.”

“Stop trying to overemphasize your chances. I can help. I know supersonic. If it worked on Zapdos, it could work on…”

“No!” Cresselia sternly said.
“You’re not risking yourself for me. You were Palkia’s last hope. You’re all of ours. We have a plan, so let us not abandon it.”

Cresselia began to follow the path of death, knowing it would lead her right to Darkrai. With luck, Lugia would arrive in time. Drained as she was, Cresselia was almost certain she wouldn’t last long against Darkrai.

54 Reviews

Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:24 pm
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

Spoiler! :
Darkrai Battle Theme

phpBB [media]

The two ran. Absol feverishly galloping across the snow, raising a trail of fine ice behind him. Blaziken, loping across the ice and dirt, burning a path and leaving nothing but steam.

Despite their frantic pace, the darkness had almost caught up to them, it loomed ominously behind them growing ever nearer.

Suddenly, Absol whipped his head around and his familiar consciousness brushed up against the Blaziken's.

"He's here! Lugia is near and so are the others! They heard my call!"

The Absol skidded to a stop and looked back into the darkness. Why? --- had no idea.

"Absol! Whats wrong! We must keep running!"

The Absol turned, his mind now sad and mourning.

"Cresselia is here. She's heading towards Darkrai, heading to cut him off."

The Blaziken stood, still perplexed.

"All the more reason to run! She's buying us time!"

Yet the Absol started back, towards the darkness.

"She has no strength left to fight the monster and Lugia is to far behind to help. Moltres will be late as well. We must support Cresselia or she will die."

With that, Absol broke into a sprint. Blaziken following close behind.

"How can we fight that thing? Unless you've been holding out on me I doubt you can take Darkrai by yourself. I don't know any moves and are far less powerful than you."

Absol did not seem to take this into account, he brushed off the Blaziken's question with a half hazard shrug.

"You will learn in battle, it is were I learned and It is the best training ground I can think of."

Blaziken growled in disgust but followed all the same.

The darkness encompassed the pair as they ran, swallowing the last light of the day. The two pressed on, the darkness seemed to have a life of it's own. It pushed against them, attempted to tangle their legs. Darkrai was close and Absol had timed his appearance perfectly in time with Cresselia. As expected, A purple light burst from the darkness, revealing Cresselia and, something infinitely more gruesome.

A shadow and one blue eye cut through the light, its malevolent power surging against the three allies. Absol shouted,

"Cresselia! attack now!"

The goddess did not need to be told twice, with another burst of light, Cresselia hurled a ball of psychic energy against the fiend. Likewise, Absol roared and a mountain of ice smashed into Darkrai. The two attacks blew the shadow back but did little in the way of damage, with a snarl, the fiend rocketed into Absol, sending him careening back into a snow drift. Blaziken stared in horror as his friend lay in the ice, unmoving.

The shadow then advanced on --- but a long howl filled the air and a blade of purple energy smashed into Darkrai's side. The goddess herself floated over to --- and in a pained growl said,

"Go now, Lugia will be here soon, you can still escape with him."

Yet the Blaziken refused to leave. He felt heat roaring through him, ringing in his ears and suddenly he knew what to do. He knew that to attack, he did not have to know how, but to know what it is he wanted.

And so, the Blaziken jumped, his powerful legs launching him high into the air. --- aimed and sent himself spinning towards the shadow. Gaining speed, the Blaziken caught fire and smashed into Death itself. The shadow fell back, enraged, and released a wave of dark energy towards the two. Cresselia evaded the attack and countered with a bolt of psychic energy. The Blaziken was clipped and flew backwards, landing next to Absol.

The last thing he saw was a blue light from the east and a red light from the west and the pale glow of psychic energy from the weakened goddess before he passed out in the cold.

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:55 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

Frost felt the darkness before he saw it. In a snowy clearing surrounded in mountains, a black cloud loomed malevolently.

"Whatever happens, stay behind me and do not engage darkrai." Moltres said. Frost nodded, only half acknowledging. Over time, he had found that keeping afloat was very tedious.

Suddenly a blast of purple flashed from the middle of the cloud. Moltres's eyes widened

"Is that......Cresellia!? Oh no. Shes weak, we have to help her." With that. Moltres tucked her wings and dived straight into the darkness. Frost sighed, looked around, then dived in after her.

Inside the cloud it was strangely luminous. A cold light emanated from the center of the cloud, blasts echoed through it. Frost slowly floated towards the sound of fighting. Suddenly a blast of darkness exploded next to Frost. A dark figure emerged from the blast. It spoke and the sound sent shivers through Frosts spine.

"How wonderful, all three of my targets all in the same place. Is this a gift Cresselia?!" Suddenly Darkrai unleashed another dark blast straight at Frost, who barely dodged it. Heeding Moltres's advice, Frost turned and fled into the darkness, barely escaping another blast. Darkrai's laugh echoed behind him.

"You can't run little one!" The voice echoed and echoed, then suddenly multiplied, sounding around and around Frost until suddenly it stopped.

"You cant run little one." Frost turned and barely had time to throw up a shield before the wave of death hit him. The shield absorbed maybe half of the blow. Frost was knocked out of the air and hit the ground hard, sliding across the snow and straight into the body of a blaziken. Dazed, Frost slowly stood. Shaking the dots from his eyes, Frost turned, again, erecting a shield. This time Frost focused, he wanted to call for help, but knew that would call attention. Instead Frost focused and found his anchor, he saw the candle, he bent it, shaped it, then sent it out in waves, dispersed it through a psychic wave so thin, only a psychic legendary could sense it. Just then, Darkrai burst through the dark.

"Found you." Frost floated in front of the body of the Blaziken and focused on the thought of anger, pain at his defenselessness. Frost opened his eyes and a blade of psychic energy flew at Darkrai with grim accuracy, hitting him square in the chest and sending him flying back into the darkness. Just then Cresellia, burst through the clouds, dark marks covering her body.

"What is it. Are you Frost?"

Frost nodded, Cresselia looked over the unconscious Blaziken, then back at Frost," Ill get Lugia, he can get us out of here, stay behind me, I'll protect you." Frost nodded. Just then, Darkrai glided out of the black, laughing. Cresellia fired a blast of psychic power, but Darkrai merely batted it away, still laughing.

"You think you can defend from me? Not even Girantina, at the battle of The Gates of the Dead could repel me! Fear me! I am the dread phantom, the engine of darkness that haunts your nightmares! Fear me!" Darkrai raised a hand and instantly, the temperature plummeted. Frost could see Cresellia's breath plume out in front of her. Darkrai's voice echoed throughout the dark cloud.

"And now comes the deep sleep." Everything plunged into blackness. Lights filled the room, shedding a cold glow. Wait a minute, Frost looked closer, no, those weren't lights, they were ghosts. Then the wails came. Sickening, ear piercing wails so deathly it made all of Frosts hair stand on end.

Just as Frost felt himself losing consciousness, a blinding light dispersed the ghosts and Moltres swooped in, knocking Darkrai to the ground and dispersing the void.
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:45 am
View Likes
Charizard821 says...

The fervent chirping of birds and the beautiful sounds of nature were all that Riley could hear when he awoke. It seemed like he could lie there for an eternity, basking in the glory that was the Earth. But he had a mission.

Gather the Plates.

He rose to his feet, swaying slightly. What had happened? It felt as if someone had taken a three year old unwashed sock and held it too his face until he was groggy from the putrid odour. Of course, his nose smelt nothing but jungle. Vines, trees and moss.

"How did I get here?" he asked quietly.

The last thing he remembered was... waking up? No, that couldn't be right. He just wasn't thinking hard enough.

"I remember my name and... what else?!"

Riley pressed his paws to his head in frustration. He was in such a blind panic that he didn't even realize that his hands had been replaced with paws. He tried to run his fingers through his hair, which he always did when he was deep in thought, but where his head should have been, there was nothing but smooth scalp.

"What the?"

Searching his head feverishly for his hair, he brushed a pair of large, pointy ears. Transitioning to his face, Riley soon found two large, dangling sacs that appeared to be growing out of the side of his head, right near his eyes.

"What... what...?"

Trembling, he brought his arms down and found two small, blue paws where his old hands used to be, three fingers on each. This was too much. Riley let out a cry of shock. He scanned the surrounding jungle hastily, looking for anything he could view his reflection with.

"Trees, more trees, rocks, a stream!"

Riley ran to the stream as fast as his little black legs could carry him. His feet were equally black and also had only three toes. He was surprisingly speedy for such a short... thing. Arriving at the edge of the stream, Riley skidded to his knees and stopped short at the water's edge. He carefully looked down and felt his heart skip a beat. There, in the water, staring back at him wide-eyed, was the face of not a human, but a Pokémon. Riley scuttled back from the water, breathing rapidly. What had he just seen?

Riley had sat there watching the stream run through the jungle for about ten minutes, and likely would have continued to sit there for much longer, if it weren't for the sudden chill he felt run through his spine. It was suddenly growing very cold in the jungle, and as the temperature dropped, Riley noticed his breath beginning to crystalize in the air. He crossed his arms, attempting to keep warm. What was happening now?

Then, it began to snow. Very fragile, small flakes of pure white. They were trickling down from above him, slowly surrounding him in a large circle of frost. Looking around, he saw that the rest of the forest was not experiencing the snowfall, and looked as natural as ever. It appeared as if the stream hadn't dropped a single degree.

Assuming that it was just the density of the trees blocking the snow from falling in heaps, Riley was quite surprised when he gazed upward and saw perhaps the most beautiful bird he had ever laid eyes on. It was an icy blue in colour, with white plumes on it's belly, and three large blue feathers on it's head. They resembled a crown. Behind it lied the longest and most gorgeous tail that Riley had ever seen. Riley immediately knew the name of this bird, as it was the only bird capable of holding such beauty.

"Articuno." he whispered.

The branch that Articuno was perched on was frozen solid. It appeared that the snow was falling from Articuno's wings. Riley deduced that everything this Pokémon was near would also become frozen. How long had she been watching him?

Riley stood up and tried to speak, but he was lost for words. He tried to move, but he was trapped in place. He simply stared. Articuno fluttered down from her branch and landed in front of him. The instant her silvery claws made contact with the ground, it froze around her. Though her beak prevented her from making much facial expression, Riley could tell she was smiling.

"Hello." she said warmly.

Riley simply continued to stare. Articuno was a fictional character. A story time legend. He must've been in a dream to be seeing this Pokémon.

"You likely have many questions. You may ask a few, but we must leave quickly. We won't be safe here for long."

"Why?" was the first thing Riley asked the mystical bird.

"All will be explained on our way to join the others."

"Others?"

"Yes, Riley. I'm sure by now you must know that you are no longer in your world, but the world of Pokémon. You, along with many other humans, were transported here to each play a role in Palkia's master plan."

"Palkia? Like, the Legendary Pokémon?"

"Well, he was Legendary... before-"

"Before Genesect?" said a deep voice from nowhere.

A large, four-legged dragon landed with the solid "thunk" of dirt on steel fifty feet away. It had what looked like jagged armour encrusting it's chest, lower back, and neck. On it's cylindrical head rested two more pieces of armour that caressed it's face like a mask of power. There were streaks of powerful cosmic energy running up and down this Pokémon's body, across it's tail, and through it's head. There was a brilliant sapphire encrusted in it's chest, however it did not shine, for this Pokémon was emanating pure darkness.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the "beautiful bird". Still serving under The Resistance, eh Articuno? And what have you dug up from the other world in your search for a hero?"

He shifted his gaze to look at Riley and burst out in a fit of laughter.

"Well, look at this! A puny Riolu! Why, this pathetic excuse for a Pokémon looks as if he couldn't even walk three feet, much less fight for Palkia's futile cause!"

"You're despicable, Dialga!" shouted Articuno, "You and all the rest of this so called "New Order"! What you've created is anything but order!"

"I understand you're upset Articuno, but you really should look at things our way. We're giving new life to this chaotic and corrupted world."

"The only thing corrupted about it is you and your group of slave-makers!" retorted Articuno.

All the friendliness that Articuno had shown before had long since left and been replaced by blind fury.

"You shut up you flimsy parrot! We are not making slaves out of the Pokémon of this land, we are making them subjects to our rightful reign! Besides, Palkia had it all wrong to begin with! Pokémon can never live equally! It is why we are categorized in two different ways! There's them," at this, he raised a large paw in my direction, "the Pokémon that live as puny, insignificant individuals, and then there's us, the ones who were born to rule over them. The ones who were born to be Legendary!"

"You are a blind fool Dialga! We were given the title Legendary to protect the Pokémon of this world, and retain balance and peace! You and The New Order are nothing but selfish liars and murderers! Do you have any idea how much pain Genesect caused Cresselia in murdering Palkia? How could you sit idly by and watch your brother be slaughtered by your "Legendary" friend?!"

"Cresselia?!" Dialga laughed haughtily once more, "The stupid girl! Giving in to base emotions! I enjoyed watching Genesect kill Palkia all the more to see her face as she realized the mistake she'd made. Legendaries were not made to love."

"You and Genesect destroyed her! Legendaries were created for the sole purpose of loving! To bring love and joy to all Pokémon, weak or strong!"

"You are an idiot, like all the others Articuno. Palkia, Cresselia, Lugia, all idiots! Only through power and a firm rule can peace and joy be achieved! Any who oppress this must die by the hand of The New Order. And so," his gaze shifted to me, "on to business."

Without warning, Riley felt a jolt in his mind. He stared forward, but all was black. In my mind's eye, he saw Dialga stepping forward to unleash a barrage of purple fire on himself and Articuno. He blinked and saw - through his eyes this time - Dialga take a step forward to attack with Dragon Breath.

"Articuno, look out!" he cried without thinking.

Reacting quickly to Riley's warning, Articuno launched a counter Ice Beam at Dialga's fire. The fire froze in the air and exploded into a small circle of falling snow.

"Don't try to resist, Articuno." said Dialga, "I control time itself. Even if you are to escape, I will continue to bring us back to this moment until I destroy the both of you."

Riley looked at Articuno in despair.

"Control this." she replied. She then spread her wings and a dense Mist filled the area.
Riley could no longer see Dialga.

"Quick, on my back." she said.

Hesitating only for a moment, Riley climbed onto Articuno's icy back. The legends said that her feathers were made of pure ice. Now, clenching onto her neck and seeing them clearly, he could affirm that they were true. Articuno spread her gorgeous wings and shot off into the sky. The Mist seemed to follow her as she flew, but she appeared to know where she was going.

In his mind's eye once again, Riley saw Dialga beginning to bend time.

"Articuno..." Riley began.

"Don't worry about it. The Mist protects us from any status effects, including allowing us to be warped through time by Dialga's cosmic energy. We're practically invisible now. Even if he wanted to, he could never find us, and to warp us, he needs to know where we are."

"And where, exactly, is that?"

"We're on our way to the Northern Plains. We were originally supposed to meet the others in a quiet forest, but there's been a disturbance up North. We believe it's Darkrai."

"Darkrai?!"

"Riley, I'm sure you have many questions, but just be patient for-"

"No! I will not wait any longer! You are going to tell me why I'm a Pokémon, why I'm here, and why, not even a half hour after I wake up, somebody's already tried to kill me!"

Articuno sighed.

"I suppose you're right. It's unfair to keep all this from you. As I was trying to tell you before, you were brought to this world as part of Palkia's master plan to destroy The New Order and bring peace and prosperity to our world. His master plan was to destroy Arceus using the seventeen Plates."

"Woah, woah, wait. Arceus? Isn't that Pokémon like the God of this world?"

"Yes, but God or no God, he is still a Pokémon, and can thus be defeated, but only with the seventeen Plates."

"But why choose me? Why couldn't you have taken a Pokémon from this world?"

"Because it was much too dangerous. The Pokémon of this world are afraid of the Legendaries, even the ones that still believe in the old ways. Through that fear, they could be easily swayed to the side of the enemy, and use the Plates of Arceus for evil, instead of good. Humans from the parallel world would be harder to sway, and so us Legendaries seeked out the most noble, kind and loyal hearts that we could find. Some of the Legendaries have already found their ally, while many continue to seek. You are mine, Riley."

"But why am I a Pokémon?"

"That was the doing of Genesect. He did everything he could to sabotage the plans of Palkia. He transformed all the humans we gathered into Pokémon, and spread them far across the Continent. Speaking of which, you do know what kind of Pokémon you are, right?"

"I don't remember. Didn't Dialga say the name?"

"He did, but perhaps it's best if you figure it out yourself. My feathers should reflect your face."

For the first time since the stream, Riley looked at his new face. It was the same colour blue as his paws, with a short, black streaked nose the shade of his chest. The streak moved up the bridge of his nose, where it fully circled his eyes, and ended in two large, black sacs on the side of his face. It looked like he was wearing a mask. He smiled at his reflection. He was quite handsome for a Pokémon.

"I'm a Riolu." he said, confident in his answer.

"That's right." Articuno smiled. "Say, Riley, do you remember anything? Before you awoke in the Greatwood Jungle, I mean."

Riley thought hard before responding.

"No, I don't."

"I suspected as much. In addition to transforming you into Pokémon and separating you, Genesect also wiped all of your memories. Anything that happened in your past life is now erased from your mind. I'm sorry that we couldn't stop him, Riley."

Articuno seemed genuinely upset for him. No, a kind-hearted Pokémon like this would never be swayed by the likes of Dialga. Riley decided that he could trust Articuno, and heaved a sigh of relief.

"It's fine." Riley replied, feeling sadness play over his face. "I'm sure it was all for the best in the end. Articuno, do you know... my parents? Do I... have a family?"

"Unfortunately, I was drawn only to you, Riley. In my haste to remove you from that world and escape Genesect, I did not have time to witness anything about your life there."

Riley suddenly felt a gut-wrenching feeling. Like a void in his heart. It felt as if no one loved him. Even if he had had a family, would he even still exist in the other world? Would they remember him? Would they worry about him? Would they care? Riley felt tears coming to his eyes. All he wanted now was to go back. To return to the world from which he came. For the very least, to find answers. Riley quietly sobbed and wiped the tears from his eyes.

"Riley," said Articuno softly, hearing the sob, "this isn't going to be easy, I know. But no one else can do this. We need you Riley, so you must be strong."

Riley didn't know what was happening, but when Articuno finished, he could feel his ears ringing, louder and louder, until it was so unbearably noisy that he closed his eyes to try and protect himself. Then, all was silent. As if in a dream, Riley heard an echoing voice. It was distorted, and difficult to understand, but Riley made out one word from it's speech.

"Strong."

Riley opened his eyes again, only to feel sleep pulling him. The ringing was gone.

"Try and rest, Riley." said Articuno, "We'll be in the Northern Plains soon. You're going to need your strength."

There were still so many questions that Riley wanted to ask, but as the lull of sleep pulled him, he abandoned all hope of doing it now. She was right. He did need rest. Riley fell into a light sleep as the cloud of mist rocketed through the air toward the Northen Plains.
Last edited by Charizard821 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

24 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:57 am
View Likes
Robusto says...

Zulu used Air Cutter
The Branches he'd been tangled in now gone, Zulu took flight. As soon as Cresselia realized that her plan had fallen through, with Darkrai being too close to the human, She'd barrel rolled Zulu off her back, and he'd ended up landing in a tree. He'd thought it would have been easy to get out of, but then the tree had been drained of life and its branches solidified. But now he was free, taking flight. And then he froze. Cresselia and two other Pokémon were collapsed in a snow bank. A strange crème and red colored Pokémon stood near them, a psychic shield being projected. The darkness that had covered the forest had lifted.

"Filthy bird!" A powerful voice screamed. Moltres was thrown against a tree, wispy tendrils of shadow trailing after his body.

"The fact that even so many can't defeat me proves we are meant for victory. The end is already written, and you're not apart of it!"

Darkrai stretched his arms to the sky, dark energy shooting into the sky. The void began forming once again.

Zulu watched all of this, too scared to think. Cresselia and Moltres, beaten. Where was Lugia? The odd little Pokémon that had been holding up a shield began to expand it, trying to fit everyone behind it.

"You hide behind a shield, but what good is a shield when facing an unstoppable sword?"

Darkrai fired a Dark burst of energy at the shield. But instead of blasting right through it, the shield held.

"Impressive. Such mastery over your own psychic energy. You would have made a good ally."

Darkrai doubled over, groaning. Whatever life was left in the trees was quickly sucked away and into Darkrai. Even Zulu began feeling a little lightheaded. Whatever Darkrai was about to do, that shield didn't stand a chance at blocking it. So Zulu did the only insane and virtually suicidal thing he could think of. He dove at Darkrai, latching onto his head. Zulu caught only a glimpse of his face, but that was enough to get him to close his eyes. Opening his mouth wide, Zulu screamed supersonic into his face. The effect was almost instant. Darkrai yelled and swung his head around. Zulu let go, flying a safe altitude up above.

"Insignificant parasite, get out of my head!" He shouted, firing dark energy all across the area.

"Quick! Before it wears off!" Zulu shouted.

Moltres rose, groaning but still alive.

"Frost. I'll need your help." Moltres said to the Pokémon that held the shield.

"Right." He said, compacting the shield into a psychic spear.

"I still have some power left in me..." Cresselia said, her glow surrounding her.

"I'm not out for the count yet." The Blaziken said, rising up from the snowbank. The Absol stood beside him, bristling with ice energy.

And lastly, Lugia slammed into the front of the group, his Aqua Jet dispersing.

"Sorry I'm late." He said.

The group turned to Darkrai, who had snapped out of confusion. He could hardly comprehend what he was seeing.

"What?" Was the only word he managed to utter.

"Fire!" Lugia shouted.

Zulu had to look away, the amount of power being almost blinding. Moltres and the Blaziken shot superheated flames, the Absol launched a miniature blizzard, The Pokémon known as frost fired a spear of Psychic energy, while Cresselia and Lugia launched their own blasts of Psychic energy. The combined attacks didn't just blow Darkrai away. They blew through him. As the blinding effect of the powers died down, Darkrai's form was just visible for a few brief seconds.

"Too soon." He muttered.

"Could... he... be... wrong?"

Then his body melted into a puddle of shadow at his feet. The beginning of the second void dispersed, letting the sun shine into the forest.

"He's gone." Cresselia said.

"We... we won?" Frost asked.

"Yes Frost, we did." Moltres happily said to him.

The group cheered for their victory. They had just taken out one of the strongest of legendries on the New Order's side. Zulu watched from above, feeling almost as happy as them. But a thought crept into his mind that stopped him from being completely happy.

"Do they even need me?"

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:45 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Flurry

Within ten minutesof meeting, Shaymin had decided on a good name (the snorunt had somehow misplaced hers in the vast, sarcastic pit of her mind), backstory, and mission for the snorunt.

"I don't think I like the name Flurry," she said, watching Shaymin fly up into the back of an open wagon. "It's kind of weird."

Shaymin stuck her head out from over a wooden plank and grinned. "Oh come on! You're an ice-type pokemon, and honestly, Snowy seems pretty cheesy."

Admittedly, Snowy was a cheesy name. As were Schnee, Winter, Fridgia, and Icicle. Shaymin had proposed the name Candice earlier, but Flurry shook her head with such vehemence that the legendary cringed and agreed that it wasn't so great after all.

So, Flurry it was. It wasn't perfect--it seemed almost, almost right--but it was better than "hey you."

"Need help getting up?" Shaymin asked, leaning out the wagon with her front legs extended.

Flurry jumped up, trying to grab hold, but her tiny hands (were they even hands?) kept slipping. "This clearly isn't going to do any good," she said, staring up at Shaymin. "Can't you just return the flower yourself?"

"Are you joking? There's no way I'd go alone! If Miss Altaria catches me, she'll probably blow me to smithereens with one dragonbreath attack. I mean, she goes mega crazy sometimes." Sighing, Shaymin leapt back onto the sand and began poking her nose around Flurry's hat.

"What are you doing? Looking for a hand hold?" Flurry had meant it to be a rhetorical question, but Shaymin stuck her front paws under the back of the hat and started flapping her wings. Suddenly, Flurry's knobby little feet were dangling above the ground, and the grains of sand, once visible with range, blended together. She hadn't thought it possible, but apparently Shaymin could carry her.

They landed inside the wagon with a thump. A loud one. And almost immediately, a very loud yell blew over them. It was so loud that wind pushed the two pokemon back against the wagon's back.

"I can hear you, intruders! Miss Altaria! Your rarities wagon is in danger of being robbed!"

Shaymin froze. She smiled, kind of, but it was more of an oh-crap-I'm-in-trouble-now, sheepish sort of smile. Teeth clenched, she picked the flower out from under her ear and laid it on the wooden floor.

Soon as the flower was no longer in her grasp, Shaymin began to glow. "Okay, let's get-

She was cut off by a sudden shadow looming from behind.

"I knew it."

Flurry turned around, fully expecting to be bombarded by some terrible, powerful dragon magic. Instead, she found Miss Altaria, her face very concerned, and very alarmed. The cloudy parts of her were all a bit deflated, like they'd all just rained enough water for a flood.

"You're Shaymin, aren't you?" she said. Flurry thought Miss Altaria sounded like wind chimes. "Why have you come here? Don't you know who's chasing you?"

Shaymin gulped, and Flurry did a double take. Something was wrong; Shaymin now looked like a white porcelain pot with grass growing out of it. She looked like a hedgehog. A bush, even.

"You can't beat someone like that here. You're half-wilted, and your friend's attacks will melt before they go two feet. He's a fire-type, for goodness sakes!"

"I know that," Shaymin said, looking at the ground. Her eyes were shiny with tears about to fall. "But I couldn't control where she ended up, so I had to follow."

Flurry had no idea what lay beneath this conversation, only that it had something to do with her. "Is this somehow connected to me being an ice-type in the desert and getting a new name, or am I having delusions?"

Craning her neck backwards, Miss Altaria sighed. "It seems there is no other option. Abra will teleport you both to the last town we visited. It's quite a ways from here--Frontier Town, actually."

Shaymin's eyes widened. "Frontier Town? Isn't that where..."

"Yes, but you're safer there than here. Now, Miss Snorunt, if you would please move aside." Miss Altaria hopped forwards, pushing Flurry to the edge of the wagon. "I have something for you, Shaymin, to help you until you can get to the fields again." Humming softly, she poked and prodded at the boxes and bags in the wagon until she found what she was searching for.

"Aha. I knew I had this somewhere." Pulling out a dusty leather bag, Miss Altaria explained further. "I did some adventuring when I was still a swablu," she said. "I saw practically the whole world. Met some pretty interesting fellows too."

If Flurry didn't know better, she would have sworn Miss Altaria just winked at Shaymin.

"Anyways, I still have the tools, and some of the souveniers." Miss Altaria dusted off the front of the bag and draped it over Flurry's head. "I doubt you can carry this looking like that, Shaymin, so we'll let your friend handle it. There's a vial of Gracidaea pollen, as well as some other interesting things in there." Then she flapped her way to the back of the wagon and leaned out.

"Abra!" she cawed. "Get over here and teleport these two girls for me!"

Much to Flurry's surprise, Abra immediately landed right in the middle of the wagon. She stumbled back and fell over onto her conic head, unable to right herself.

"Miss Altaria, you do know that the only long-distance teleport I can do right now is to Frontier Town, right?"

As Shaymin worked to help Flurry up, Flurry decided that the psychic pokemon sounded too wheezy to be real. Then again, this whole situation was a bit surreal. She could handle a bit a weirdness.

Miss Altaria bid Shaymin and Flurry goodbye, then pushed off of the wagon and flew into the air. Abra, meanwhile, began briefing the girls on what to do, and what not to do while teleporting.

"Keep your hands where I put them," he said. "And don't move. At all. Don't even blink because it'll mess up the calculations." Abra put one of Flurry's hands on Shaymin's back, and then scooted them closer to each other. He stepped away, nodding in approval.

"Good, good. Now on the count of three. One."

"One," Flurry repeated. She wasn't even thinking; it just popped out of her mouth.

"Don't interrupt! Count of three. Again. One! Two!"

On the next beat, the wagon, everything in it, and even the endless desert around them disappeared. Flurry hadn't even heard Abra say "three."
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

24 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:50 am
View Likes
Robusto says...

“Tell me, just how you managed to botch killing something that was quite literally in your talons?” Yveltal asked.

“It wasn’t my fault. Cresselia was there.” Zapdos argued.

“Wrong. It was your fault. You couldn’t help but showing off; to a nonexistent audience I might add.”

“It was all good fun. Don’t tell me you haven’t ever shown off a bit before?”

“I don’t take pleasure in doing what must be done.” Yveltal said.

“Pssh, whatever.” Zapdos said.

“It’s not like it will matter. Darkrai will probably be done with them by now. Sure, I’m a little unhappy I didn’t get to spend some time with that little runt, but Darkrai was probably more creative with his end than I ever could have been.” Zapdos smirked.

“Has no one told you? Darkrai is gone.”

Zapdos froze.

“What do you mean gone? Did he go AWOL?”

“No. He was defeated. By the resistance.”

“But, he’s Darkrai. He’s, like, the God of death.”

“His consciousness is fine, but his physical body was destroyed. It will be some time before he can create a new form. Years even.”

Zapdos threw his wings up in exasperation.

“The almighty Darkrai, defeated by some humans. I thought we were supposed to be stronger than this. You know, this is why I suggested we release Giratina.”

“No! Not that devil. Our own destruction would be assured alongside theirs.” Yveltal said, shocked at the proposal.

“For someone associated with death, you’re not much fun.”

Yveltal frowned.
“Perhaps you should spend less time moping and more time trying to locate the humans.”

“I’d rather mope. Leave strategy to the big brains.” He answered.
“Maybe find a few mortals to mess around with.”

Zapdos began to strut away.

“Or, you could help implement the plan the Swords of Justice came up with.”

“And that is?” Zapdos asked, turning back around.

“I’ll try and contact Darkrai’s soul. Once I have the identity of these humans, we put out a bounty on them. Soon, we’ll have the greatest warriors of the continent on our side.”

“You’re gonna need a pretty heinous crime for them to commit to get some of the more righteous mortal bounty hunters on them.”

“Hoopa is brainstorming. Some of his ideas are… sickeningly creative.” Yveltal said, shivering.

“I heard it’s impossible to spend more than an hour in the same room with him without going insane.” Zapdos added.

“I doubt that rumor has any material to it. But when we’re done, we’ll need some of our fast flyers to spread the message. You’ll be one of them.”

“Uggh, fine. But after I’m done, I get free reign of terror on unsuspecting mortals.”

“Very well, but nothing too public. We have appearances to uphold.”

Yveltal turned to leave.

"I think it's time I do some hunting myself. I doubt all the humans are with the resistance just yet."

If it wasn't for poetry, I couldn't express myself.
— Rosendorn