z

Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood Private College Prep

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:16 am
Sunshine says...

Adah Lone

I woke up to two tubes of lipstick in the make-up supplies.

"Mom!" I yell across the house.

"Adah!"

"Are you buying me lipstick and subtly placing them in the bathroom?"

At this, there is a bunch of scuffling. My Mother bounds up the stairs, peaking her head into my bathroom. She's already ready for work in a purple hijab and business suit. Her brown eyes sparkle.

"Perhaps." I roll my eyes at her, and she smiles. "Well, yes, this new bunch. When I saw you with Hayah's lipstick on I had to buy you some of your own. She might want hers back! Besides, you looked so pretty yesterday. I can only encourage my daughter's confidence!"

"Thanks, Mom." I reach over and hug her. She accepts, gladly. I don't hug her as much as I should.

"You're welcome, Adah. Now, put it on!"

"You can't watch! I'm not very good at it yet!"

My Mother shakes her head at me, but goes out of the bathroom humming.

I wore a dress today, which was another one of my questionable calls. It was pretty cold out, and I thought leggings would be warm enough. Here's to me being wrong.

It was Saturday. I think I was the only person ever to hate Saturdays. I don't know what to do with myself on Saturdays. Again, it's all the opportunity and the utter inability to do anything with it.

I go back to Starbucks.

I order while pushing my hair out of my face. It's way too long to actually do anything with, and it hangs long and damp down my back. As the barista hands me my coffee, I find myself wishing I was in school. Not so I could learn or anything, but so I could go back to helping Collin. There's something soothing about sewing. It reminds me of Grandma, and the conversations we'd have. It also, therefore, makes me feel a bit guilty.

I text my friend Kat over a mocha of some sort. (I told the Barista to choose.)Can you hang today? Heart breakingly bored.

"Hey. Adah, right?"

I look up. Isabel Something-or-another is sliding in next to me, flipping red hair over her shoulder. "Uh, yeah, hi?"

"I'm Isabel."

"Yeah, um, I know. Lincoln isn't that big of a school."

My phone rings. I itch to answer it, but decide it'd be impolite. Isabel does not look to be in the best of shape. She's in sweatpants, though she's normally the sort of girl to dress up. Her face is make-up free, exhaustion filling every crease.

She waves her approval. I open the message. No. Sorry. :( I have to work. I don't even bother typing in 'it's okay'. Kat knows it really isn't, but there's not anything we can do.

"Plans fall through?" Isabel asks.

I look up. "Yeah, a baby stage version of them, anyway."

Isabel laughs. "Mine too. Well, sorta." She bites her lips. A bit of chapped skin falls off.

I suddenly know exactly what I want to be doing.

Okay, that was a bit of a weird order of thought, but I jingle around my pocket to make sure the keys are still there. Score!

"Sorry, Isabel, but I have to be going."

"Oh. It's okay."

We both know it's not, but I don't respond.

I start with a title. It's the backwards order of things, but that's how I work.

Two Halves Of A Girl

The art room is intoxicating, the smell of paint and clay filling your lungs so you breath that instead of oxygen. I don't spend nearly enough time in here, but I like to think that helps the smell stay unique. I'm lying to myself, but that's okay.

I start with her face, while it's fresh in my mind. I draw the curves of cheeks a lips, the plain face of someone who is still a child. I shade until I have to sharpen my pencil, and then I shade again.

No one is in the school, so I strip my leggings off in the room and throw on an apron over my dress. I throw open the doors and blast Mr.Fisher's stereo to Taylor Swift's 1985 because it fit the piece.

I draw the other half in blazing color, every colored pencil in my arsenal to sharpen in the face. Make the figure an adult in stilettos and short shirts. A person who sparkles.

I'm in the midst of blurring the line, the second sentence of I Know Places

It's a scene, and we're out here in plain sight

when I realize I'm being watched. I clamp my mouth shut, ready to explain myself to some annoyed teacher or confused janitor.

It's Collin Maye.

I stare at him for awhile, and I become suddenly aware of the fact that it probably doesn't look like I'm wearing pants under the apron. He looks beyond me, at the picture.

"Collin?"

"Oh!" He looks flustered, and I feel flustered. "Hi, Adah. We should really stop meeting like this."

I blush. "Are you here working on costumes again?"

"Yeah. They really need to get done for the production of Wicked."

"Right. Wicked."

His eyes wander onto my picture again. Can he tell who it is? Oh, what if he thinks I'm a freak?

WhatdoIdo?WhatdoIdo?

"You're a great artist." He says.

"It's just a hobby."

"A hobby? That's..." He drowns out whatever he was going to say. Was it good or bad?

I fiddle with the ends of my apron. I don't want to look at the picture. I feel suddenly stupid for coming here. The portrait could've easily be done in the small notebook I keep in my room. I was just itching to use the keys Fisher gave me, encouraging me to show my art more to the world.

Well, here's the world, I guess.

"Do you want to take a break? Go out for ice cream or something?"

He looks at me. "It's the middle of winter."

My nervous sass comes out. "Are you saying you don't want ice cream?"

He smiles. "Never. Are you driving?"
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:33 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

Cole
I woke up to the sound of the bell ringing that afternoon. I reached blindly for my phone and found it, seeing several thousand texts asking where I was and why I wasn't in any of my classes and was I okay. I was not okay. I was on the floor, helpless and alone. And the school would be empty in an hour.

That's all I would ever be, helpless and alone.

I texted Thorne.

In bathroom. Please help, can't get back in chair. F hall.

Minutes later she was in the bathroom calling my name and then crawling under the stall door because I couldn't even reach the lock to open it. And then she was helping me and telling me how awful my makeup looked as kindly as possible because that's what Thorne did. She took care of you and loved you and didn't ask questions unless she thought it necessary.

But that didn't change the fact that I still felt broken. I felt like a burden. But then I went home and when I was in my bedroom, I took a pen knife and ran it alone against the skin of my inner thigh. I was propped up on the bed, wearing sleep shorts and a tank top, imagining how a cut on my leg would sting if I could feel it. Did I want the pain?

Anything would be better than the constant numbness, wouldn't it?

I put the knife down and instead reached into my end table, pulling out a few of those sample bottles of wine and vodka that your parents never want after they buy a bottle of alcohol. I downed every last one, feeling dizzy from drinking too fast. Although, being from France, I was not a lightweight.

My earbuds were in my ears, blasting music and pounding my eardrums. And I unlocked my phone, going through Rupert's and Jessie's instagram. How they partied and had friends and had lives and movement. And they had eachother. But I would never have any of that. Would never be young again, or alive. I would always feel somewhat dead. And it made me not care about what happened next or what the consequences were.

Before I even realized what was happening, my texts were open. And I was clumsily typing something to Rupert but was too out of it to remember. I was shaking, my body was jerking and my head was pounding and then I was on the floor. And someone was screaming and I thought I was dying. But instead of seeing a light, I saw blackness.

Spoiler! :
@Nike, the text Cole sent says "I love you". Oh and Cole is having a seizure because the pain meds and such plus alcohol... yeah. bad.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:07 am
NicoleBri says...

April Elizabeth

I sighed, I had only been here a week and still felt more than alone. I missed my friends from Michigan. Laying on my bed, I looked out my window, the sky is pretty and it was a pretty day.

Earlier I had went to talk to Isabelle at Starbucks, she was a mess over her boy toy and I well understood that. He was a hottie so I would probably have bad thoughts to. I had saw the girl Dafnie around school and she was definitely a looker. I looked at my phone and noticed a text from Craig, we had been texting for a few hours.

"I'm glad I met you." The text had said. I smiled, he was a great guy, at least he kept me occupied.

The only true person I cared about was Isabelle, I had fallen for her two years ago. She didn't swing my way so I respected her boundaries and she still doesn't know how I feel.

"I'm glad I met you too." I finally texted. I threw my phone on the bed and got up to change into something more casual. I dressed up better before I went to meet Isabelle, she was dressed in sweats and a guys tee shirt so I knew something was up, she looked fragile and upset. I couldn't get the look she had on her face out of my mind, it was worry.

Sliding my dress on and flip flops, I grabbed my phone and read my text from Craig. I felt like going out so I asked him to meet me at the theatre. Horror movies sounded amazing.

-------

I slid on my plaid mini skirt and my plaid tank that went with it and then slid my flip flops on my feet. It tickled and I looked at myself in the mirror. Wow. I looked weird, but didn't care.

Before I walked off I grabbed my phone, I had two texts, one from Craig, of course, and the other was from Izzy. I smiled and opened her text.

"Hey Liz! :) Sorry about earlier, I was just worried, a little to much."

I was happy she was okay but kind of wishing we could actually hang out, without talking about guys, but I get it. I opened Craigs,

"Lets hang out?"

Honestly I didn't want to see anyone right now.

"Maybe tomorrow, I am just taking my time to be alone for awhile." I replied.

Yes I was bored, but no, I didn't feel like hanging out with him, I didn't know him enough to care if his feelings got hurt.

-------

I walked out of my bedroom door and went to get some frozen yogurt. I saw a place that served it on my way home from coffee and that is what I felt like eating.

"Strawberry yogurt with mixed berries please." I told the person at the register.

(If anyone wants to interact with her you can!)
Last edited by NicoleBri on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:36 am
AlmondEyes says...

~Hawthorne~

Today had been unseasonably warm, which everyone loved. The giant black bruise on my neck, split lip, didn't agree. Both were still very visible. And very tender. Too much so to try and cover it up with make up. It even hurt to Swallow, and talk more than a few sentences. I couldn't go to school still looking like this, but I couldn't miss anymore school because of it, even if I could make up the school work. All I could do was keep my head down. Both of my grandparents had been at the house less and less since then, and when they did come home, I was already locked in my room with my music playing. I tried to stay out of the house as much as possible too, or locked in my room when we were at the house.

I didn't know how much I would last there. It was getting harder and harder for me to find a reason to keep getting up in the morning and keep going. My body always felt so heavy, like I was carrying the weight of the world without realizing it. Or maybe that was just my big ass backpack. There was no telling anymore. I gazed at my neck in the locker mirror. It looked like someone had colored my neck in black sharpie. I was amazed no one had noticed yet. I wouldn't even know where to begin explaining this. It was the end of school, so most had already gone home. There weren't too many people here in the building after school unless it was for activities. I would have stayed myself, but I had to get groceries for dinner.

Closing my locker and turning to take my leave, I bump into a hard body. With a umph, I landed flat on my ass. Looking up, I see Rupert standing over me.

"Oh shit," he reached down to help me up. "I didn't mean to bump into you like that. I just came over to say hi."

"It's ok," I rub my butt. "My pride took the biggest blow."

"It's the one sin you can't beat," he winked mischievously.

Just as I smiled back, the playful look on his face changed, his eyes drifting down.

"Did you split your lip?" he motioned to it.

I froze like a deer caught in head lights. I didn't know what to say. What was he going to think? How was I going to even play it off? How could I even play it off?

"I knew you were clumsy, but damn," he chuckled.

I silently breathed a sigh of relief and smiled at him. "You know how it goes."

I made the mistake of tucking a lock of hair behind my ear. Rupert caught sight of my neck, his eyes widening in shock. Shit. Crap.Crap. Crap.

"What the hell?" he frowned.

I started to panic. What was I going to do? Now that he'd seen it, I doubted he was would let it go. He might even say something. If he found out what my Grandmother had been doing to me, there's not telling how he might react. If she found out that Rupert knew, I was dead. Period. It was time to get the hell out.

"I have to get going." I moved to step around him, but he blocked my way.

"What happened, Rose?" he asked. "That looks pretty nasty. Did someone do that to you?"

"I was being a clumsy oaf is all," I tried to play it off, but the look on his face told me he wasn't being fooled.

"That's crap, and you know it." Rupert crossed his arms over his chest. "Someone did that to you. Who was it?"

"It was no one." I look away.

"Your neck looks like someone put black paint on their shoe and stepped on your neck." Rupert moved closer.

I take a step back, my neck throbbing harder than it already was at the thought of how I got this bruise. I had pain medication, but I refused to take it. The pills always pulled me down into this odd haze that left me feeling like I was walking through a thick fog.
It was easy to get lost in that haze, and If I ever had any hope of getting out from underneath my grandmother's thumb, I would have to be walking in the sunlight.

"Just stay away from me and forget you saw anything." I wrap my arms around myself.

Before he can say anything, I shove past and and practically run to my car. Since i'm a better runner than he is, he wouldn't be able to keep up with me anyway. I wasn't even sure if he followed after me, and I didn't care. Rupert called after me, but I didn't stop. My phone started blowing up, and I knew it was him, but I just ignored him. I was driving anyway. I just hoped that he didn't open his mouth to anybody.

As I meandered through the Aisles at Walmart, I wasn't sure what to get. I'd shoved my encounter with Rupert to the back of my mind. I put my phone on silence, so I wasn't sure if he was still trying to get a hold of me, though I doubted that he was. I guess he got the message. I hadn't checked my phone since school, so there was no telling how many messages I had from him.

Forgetting about him, I decided to make Spaghetti with Texas Toast for for dinner. The thought of food made my stomach growl. Angel hair pasta, Shredded cheese (Preferably Colby Jack since it's my favorite), Hunts spaghetti sauce (Garlic and Herb), and minced garlic. I grabbed a few extra things so I wouldn't have to come back soon, then decided to get a few snacks for later. Seeing a box of Nabisco snacks (chocolate chip cookie crisps), which were total yum factor, I tossed those in the box. I eyed a box of Special K chocolate crisp bars, and nibbled my lower lip, debating whether I should get them. I ultimately decided that my life wouldn't be complete without them. I mean, who am I kidding? I'm a total weakling when it comes to chocolate.

As I reach up to grab the box, I fall short and frown, then reach for them again. Of course I came up short again. I started to pout, but thought better of it. Then out of nowhere, an enormous shadow came over me, and a rather large hand moved into view, grabbing the box I had been trying to get to. Then it was in my hand.

"There you go," came a deep voice.

I turn to see where it comes from, and drop my box. I have to crane my neck to see Mr. Gigantor. He seemed to be about the size of coach or a little shorter. Something about him seemed familiar, though I couldn't fathom why. His Golden brown eyes struck a cord somewhere deep inside of me, which surprised me. They seemed so warm. His dark chestnut hair struck me too. Only the gods knew how long i'd been staring at him. He'd already picked up the box and was holding it out to me. With an embarrassed smile, I took the box and tossed it in the cart.

"Thank you. I didn't mean to stare..." I scratch my head.

"It's no bother," he smiles back. "My size comes as a shock to most people."

"It's not just that though," I explain. "You look so familiar. Have we met before?"

"I would remember a beautiful young lady such as yourself if we had" he winked.

I blushed like a school girl and looked away. Way to be a big ass dork, Hawthorne. "Thank you for the help."

"It was no trouble." Mr. Gigantor says, and with another wink turns and walks off.

I look back at my basket, wondering how i'm going to carry all of this to my car, and shrug. I'd find a way. Seeing as how I had everything needed and more, I headed to the front to check out. While standing in line, I realized we were running low on toilet paper and ran to go get some. Cottonelle, Angel soft, White Cloud, Scott.....

Ah! Charmin Ultra Strong. I grabbed a twelve count roll, and headed back to the line, stop short as I saw my grandmother standing there watching me. I froze again in fear. She looked like she wanted to dangle me off a rail by hair and listen to me scream before she dropped my off the side.

"I called your cell phone." she said. "Why didn't you answer?"

My phone had been on silent the entire time i'd been here. I must have been here longer than I realized. Who knows how many times she tried calling me.

"I-I'm sorry," my voice wavered. "I had my phone on silent while I was in school. I must have forgotten take it off vibrate."

She took a step towards me. Then another. Then another, until she was standing in front of me.I knew what was going to happen. I was just too afraid to do anything about it as she smacked me so hard, I fell down.

"You've been fucking around in this store instead of at the house cleaning?" her voice was so calm, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.

"No-"

"Shut your mouth you piece of filth." She hit me again.

I cowered as she raised her hand for another blow, but it never came. Looking up, I realized why. Mr. Gigantor had come to the rescue again. The look on his face didn't look like one of a savior. It looked like one of an avenging angel. The look of utter shock grandmother's face was priceless. If I could, I would have taken a picture.

"I don't what the hell is going on, but you shouldn't be putting your hands on her like that." he warned her.

She tried to pull her wrist out of his hand, but of course it didn't budge.

"How dare you put your hands on me?" she said contemptuously. "Unhand me!"

Before it went any further, I stood up. "Sir, please let her go. I don't want this getting out of hand and draw attention. Please."

He looked at me for a long moment, before letting go of her.

"Hurry up and get back to the house. You still to cook dinner and clean the house." she grimaced at me in disgust.

"Yes ma'am," was all I said.

She straightened her clothes, gave Mr. Gigantor an ugly look, before turning her nose up like the cold hearted bitch that she was before turning to leave. I turned back to him, not sure was to say.

"That was your grandmother?" he looked at me.

I nodded. "Thank you for the help."

"It's no bother." he smiled at me.

His hand moved, and I did a quick shuffle step back. He paused for a moment, his warm golden brown eyes saddening. Id didn't realize he had a tissue in his hand.

"Your nose is bleeding." he told me.

I frowned, looking down at my shirt to see blood drying. "Oh."

I hadn't even realized my nose was bleeding. Took the tissue and wiped my nose clean.

"Is there anything else I can help you with?" he frowned.

I wanted to cry, but instead smiled at him. "Thank you for the help."

Before he could say anything else, I turned and went back to my basket. The workers up front had started putting my stuff up. When they saw my marked up face, they apologized and practically ran to retrieve my stuff. They apologized again as they rang my stuff up, though I reassured them it was ok. They offered to call the police, but I said no, thanked them, and then headed home to cook dinner and clean the house.

Spoiler! :
@Nike. What did you guys think of the post? I know it's been a while, so I hope you guys enjoyed it!!!
Last edited by AlmondEyes on Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:48 pm
Ciblio says...

Collin

Spoiler! :
SOO...this isn't very long, but it's something! I hope this works for you, @Sunshine, and if it doesn't just tell me and I'll fix it!
Also...I dunno when I'll get a post for Jessie in. I don't really know what to write about with her, so if anyone has any suggestions OR if any wants to work with me, then tell me! (Pretty much open for anything. xD)

A reflection of two sides, beautiful in the eyes of the beholder. Collin stares at the painting with extreme interest- he'd never really seen anything like it. He'd never seen an artist like her, as cheesy as that might seem. She had her own technique of shading, her own way of sketching, and it was beautiful. He envied her beyond compare.

"Collin?" When she'd finally noticed he was there, he was embarrassed, and he could tell she was, too.

"Oh!" His cheeks heat up more, and he finds himself shaking ever so slightly. "Hi, Adah. We should really stop meeting like this."

Which means we should hang out more often- that doesn't mean one of us walking in on the other working randomly.

Adah's cheeks turn crimson and she says, "Are you working on costumes again?"

Nope, just walking around the school, doing anything but working on the costumes, which I actually am supposed to be doing. Though, they're almost done, so I'll just stand here and talk to you.

"Yeah. They really need to get done for the production of Wicked." He tells her- which is true.

"Right. Wicked." Her eyes seem distant, as if she weren't exactly into the conversation. Maybe she wanted to get back to her artwork.

Collin trailed his eyes back to the piece of art sitting in front of her, and he was just fascinated. The shape of it, the feel of it, it was gorgeous. This girl had real talent, yet she was sitting in an art room by herself? He wondered if anybody except the teachers and maybe her family knew she was so good. Probably not...and that was a problem. People like her needed to be exposed to the world, so everybody can see that there is beauty left in this world.

After another minute, he realizes it's completely silent and the room, so he says, "You're a great artist."

Better than great. Phenomenal. Brilliant. But he didn't want to gush, so he stuck with 'great'. A word that didn't nearly describe what she was.

"It's just a hobby." Her response was quick, and it confused him. Just a hobby?

"A hobby? That's..." Not what it should be? Yeah. He could see the passion in her work, but maybe she didn't see it? How good she was?

The two lapse into silence, and Collin wants to say something, he wants to make her see what she's doing, how amazing she is at this 'hobby', but he couldn't say anything.

Finally, Adah breaks the silence when she asks, "Do you want to take a break? Go out for ice cream or something?"

Ice cream? In the middle of winter? Was she crazy? "It's the middle of winter."

As if she didn't know that.

"Are you saying you don't want ice cream?" She questions, and a spark of..what, sass? Sure. A spark of sass touches her voice, making hysterical laughter bubble up in his stomach. She was something else.

Collin settles for a smile and says, "Never. Are you driving?"

***LINE BREAK YO***

"So how long have you been drawing?" Collin asks after he swallows a bite of Rocky Road ice cream. The store was basically empty, and the employee behind the desk had looked at them as if they were crazy when they waltzed in and asked for their frozen desserts.

Adah scoops up a spoonful of Chocolate ice cream and props her elbow up on the counter, "Ever since I can remember, I guess. Like I said, though, it's only a hobby."

Only a hobby. That bugged Collin for some reason. Maybe it was only a hobby because she didn't think it could be more than that. But it could. She had the talent that others wished they had, yet she didn't cherish it like she should.

"Have you ever, like...thought about participating in a contest for it?" He asks, and it kind of regrets asking it because, well, it felt like he was prying into her life, but it was a question he wanted the answer to.

"I..." Adah shrugs, and turns her spoon over, "What about you? How long have you been into...designing, I guess I should say."

Collin slumps his shoulders, bummed out by the sudden topic change, but meets her gaze with a smile, "A couple years. My adopted parents got me into it."

"You're adopted?" As soon as the words leave her mouth, Adah's eyes widen and the expression on her face- as if she were shocked she'd said that. "I'm sorry, I don't know why I asked that."

Collin just laughs and takes another bite of his ice cream, "It's fine. I don't really mind."

They lapse into silence again, though this one was a bit awkward. He just wanted to talk to her- about art, about her talent, just about her. But that'd be a bit weird, wouldn't it?
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

46 Reviews

Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:34 pm
NicoleBri says...

April Elizabeth

Spoiler! :
So I know I just posted for her like 2 posts ago, but I wanted to post another one since @Shiney and I had talked, so I hope this is okay! :)

I sat alone eating ice cream, wow, what a drag. Sighing, I looked around the room, no one but like three other people. I checked my phone for any texts but I didn't see any. Talk about a boring life. I need friends. I thought to myself. Swinging my feet a little I decided to get up and take it to go.

"April?" I heard someone say. I turned and it was Adah and some other person, I hadn't noticed they were even there. "What are you doing here?" I asked with a laugh, but then I felt stupid, of course they were here for ice cream.

"We just came to get some ice cream." she replied. I nodded, feeling a little awkward, "Where are my manners," Adah laughed, "This is Collin, he goes to Lincoln Prep too. Collin this is April, she is new in town." she told him. He smiled and shook my hand.

What a gentlemen. I thought. Smiling I shake his hand too. "Nice to meet you." I finally say. This was definitely my chance to make more friends.

"Do you guys want some company? I'm kind of a loner today." I asked, I knew I looked stupid saying I was a loner, but it was true.

"Sure." Collin replied. I smiled and we all three sat down at a booth. They sat together and I sat on the opposite end. "So what do you think of the city?" Adah asked. I sighed, once again, "Not much to explore when you're alone." I said.

Honestly I felt bad for myself. I came here expecting it to be a fun new experience, but in reality, I was alone and miserable.

"So your friends with Isabelle?" Collin asked. I guess he saw me with her at school. I smiled, "Yes, she is my best friend." I answer. He smiled and then looked over to Adah, it was like they had some type of secret or something.

"So are y'all dating?" I asked. They both blushed but said no at the same time. I shook my head, they acted kind of funny so that's why I asked.

"I'm sorry about my bluntness, I just call it like I see it." I finally say, right then I get up and tell them good-bye. "Can I have your phone numbers?" I asked both of them. I gave them a napkin and they both wrote theirs down, "Great. I will call y'all sometime." I say and finally walk off.

---------------------------*******--------------------

Once I got in my car I went and put their phone numbers in my contacts. I needed to get out more.

Isabelle's ringtone was going off so I answered my phone,

"Hey girl. Come with me to a party." she told me. It sounded fun, so I was down. We hung up immediately and I went home to change into some party clothes.

-----------------------

Once I was ready to go, I went to Starbucks where we met at. We'd be taking my ride to the party. I smiled once I saw her, she looked like a mess, "Are you okay?" I asked her. She frowned and tears welted her eyes.

"I just want to get drunk. Let's go." she said. I frowned, I knew this wasn't the right thing to do but I went anyways.

"Izz, you really need to tell me what happened." I told her and stopped on the side of the road.

"My.. My.. My dad beat the shit out of me." she finally blurted out in between tears. I hugged her and noticed she was wearing lots of base. I rubbed some off her face and there was a welt, it looked like someone hit her, hit her really hard.

I didn't know what to say or do besides bring her to the party. So we went.

---------------------

I was drunk two hours in, well buzzed off my ass. We were dancing and having a good time. Screaming and singing and then Isabelle finally fell on her ass. I laughed and we both were sitting on the floor.

"I'm in love with Paul I really am." she whispered to me and smiled. I laughed and knew she was wasted, I pulled her up and we both slowly but surely went and got another beer a piece.

It was way to loud so we found our way upstairs.

"Isabelle!" I heard someone yell.

We didn't stop walking and we found our way to a room. It was dark but we fell onto the bed.

"You're the best." she said and just laid there.

Before I knew it, someone had burst into the room.

"There you are!" they had said. I looked at them and tried my hardest, it was Paul and he was at Isabelle's side.

"I...I love you," she told him. My eyes widened, I knew she didn't mean to tell him that. She probably won't remember it tomorrow. "Why did you bring her here?" Paul yelled to me.

Before I could reply, I leaned over on the floor and threw up, I definitely had drunk to much.

Spoiler! :
@Shiney @Sunshine @Nike

Yes I wrote in a lot of information but I thought it was necessary, especially for Isabelle as a person, even though this is April's post. I hope this is good, and yes I wrote cuss words but it was also necessary.

- Ayn Rand

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:58 pm
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz

I knew Thorne was lying to me. It's not like I was the person she would even tell the truth to anyway, I'm not even remotely her friend. But after dealing with Colette... and seeing how people get treated differently, I just see that Hawthorne is not having it easy. She's getting hurt and she hasn't tried to get any help.

I wonder if Dafnie is helping her?

I'm sure she's trying. What I remember about Dafnie is that she cares too much. She will get too caught up in someone's life and just try to make them better.

Jesus, I wouldn't know.

Since Dafnie's parents were out of town, we were all at her party. She invited practically our whole school. A bunch of people showed and we were all, by now, drunk off our asses.

I had a beer in one hand and my phone in the other. There was this urge in me to call either Colette or Jessie. But before my mind could make up it's mind, someone came up to me.

"Rupert," Seductuve. Sharp. Definetely Jessie.

Looking up, Jessie's eyes met mine. She was just a few inches away, giving us some space to breath and no space at all. The house was crowded with teenagers, so having any space at all was never a given. Her lips, her ruby red lips, curved into a soft smile.

I took in a breath and slipped my phone back into my pocket, grabbing her waist right after. Her skin felt like fire against mine.

"I'm so drunk right now." she laughed.

"Jessie, so am I." I whispered, looking from her lips to her eyes and back.

"You should call me more! If we are seeing each other, I wanna seeeee you." Jessie said.

"I'm so sorry babe, you know I like you." I whispered.

She smelt of something floral, yet musky. I couldn't pin point what it was, but I liked it. I felt her hands roam down my chest, so I looked down and caught her pulling up my shirt. My heart jumped as I just watched her kneel down.

She looked up at me, winked, licked her lips, then started kissing my stomach. Heat radiated off her lips and onto my skin, making me forget my worries. She started to tease me as she undid my jeans. I knew I had to stop this, even though I was drunk, I knew this was something she didn't want to do, especially in a room full of people.

So, I took a step back and let her look up at me. Surprise filled her face, her eyes wide. She got up and titled her head.

"Come here," I growled seductively.

She licked her lips and approached me, running her hands around my waist. I wanted to keep her close, have her in my arms for a while. I just looked into her eyes for a moment, taking in her beauty.

"RUPERT!" Someone yelled.

I looked over Jessie's head and saw Dafnie, her eyes frantic. My heart stopped and I pulled away, missing the warmth of Jessie against me.

"What?"

"It's Cole." she yelled again.

I love you.

Her text message came back into my head like that annoying ring that hums in your mind. I didn't know what to do when she wrote that. Because.

I love her too.

But she deserved better, someone that could care.

"Get Hunter!" I told her.

Since the music was so loud, all the windows in the house could break, Dafnie hadn't heard me. She just rose her eyebrows at me in question. I walked over to her, closing the distance.

"Get Hunter," I hissed, looking her directly in the eyes.

"She wants you," Dafnie replied.

I huffed, shaking my head. "No, she doesn't."

"Rupert, what the fuck are you doing?" Dafnie hissed back. "She loves you, you love her. Why are you rejecting her for... Jessie?" the way she said her name made my skin crawl.

I'm sure she liked Jessie, it's just that compared to Cole, she wouldn't compete.

"I don't love Colette,"

Dafnie stood quiet, I guess, unsure of what to say. A tension rose between us, making me want to leave this whole party altogether.

"Remember when we were seeing each other?" Dafnie asked suddenly.

I felt a pang strike my stomach. "Yeah,"

"And you were all pretending to be into me just to get what you want?" Dafnie continued.

"I did not," I admitted.

"Okay, but you were so into not being with me and being with me. That's what you're doing to Jessie,"

"I like Jessie,"

"You liked me too," she paused. "But it doesn't mean it's right. I mean, we are still so unresolved. Us talking to each other is a miracle cause we ended so quickly. But you can stop that from happening with Jessie, and be with Cole."

God, I hated it when Dafnie was right.

I ran my hand passed my face and sighed. The music switched to some Indie band, and I felt Jessie staring at the back of my head. I looked at Dafnie and saw a smile grow on her face. She nodded, as if knowing what I was thinking.

"Talk to her," she said.

At least she wasn't drunk, she helped me.

I turned around and looked at Jessie. She had her arms crossed over her chest. I smiled at her then turned back, finding an empty room. There was a staircase, so I went up to what I remember to be Dafnie's room. Once I reached it, I opened it to find three people already inside.

Paul, Isabelle, and some girl.

"Sorry, sorry," I cringed and walked out.

It was quiet enough up here. So, I leaned against the wall and dialed up Cole's number. If she answered, great. If she didn't, that's fine. My heart raced against my chest at each dial tone.

"Hello?" she answered, her French accent rang in my ears.

"I'm in love with you," I said.

Spoiler! :
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:48 am
Ciblio says...

Jessie

Spoiler! :
So I want to make it clear that I am NOT copying off of @Gravity with the car accident- I just thought I'd make this a little more realistic. Being intoxicated AND upset are both things that could make things bad if driving. Right? So, here's a little more drama for you guys. I didn't want to make the injuries too bad, so I stuck with a broken arm and sprained neck. Tell me if anything's wrong with it! (As in, grammar errors, bad character interpretations, etc.)
@NicoleBri, is this good? I tried to make Izzy act the way you'd make her act. Did I do good? :D
Also, THIS IS ONE OF THE LONGEST POSTS I'VE EVER DONE

I pressed a hand to my forehead and pulled away from the stoplight. It'd been a long day, and I needed a pick-me-up. That pick me up? It came from a magical place called Starbucks.

The store came into view as I turned the corner, and I could feel myself bouncing, excited to finally get a break from the world. Just for a little while.

As I pulled into the parking lot, I pulled off my sunglasses and tossed them in the passenger seat, then got out. There weren't very many cars in the parking lot, which meant I'd get quiet, too. When I was in front of the front door, I could smell the coffee and it made my mouth water. Starbucks was a safe haven.

I pulled the door open, and as I skimmed the warm colored room, my eyes landed on familiar face. One I wasn't exactly fond of. Isabelle sat at the booth, sipping on what looked like a Frappe. I shivered, and hoped she wouldn't see me. I didn't need her to ruin this for me. I managed to get to the register unseen, but as soon as I'd said, “Tall vanilla frappe on ice,” her head snapped my way, and I felt all the color drain from my face. Dammit.

“Isabelle,” I manage to say as the guy behind the counter began making my order. “H-how pleasant to see you here.”

Isabelle stares at me for a second, then turns back to her drink- though, when she does this, her hair sweeps behind her shoulder, and my eyes find the dark bruises on her neck...shaped like, what...fingers? Dear lord. When she catches me looking, she yanks her hair back over her shoulder and frowns, “What?”

I shake my head and take I feel bad for her- whoever did that? It probably wasn't their first time putting their hands on her. I've soon other bruises on her neck and wrists. I wondered then how bad her home life was- she never really spoke about it. I blink and realize I was staring for too long, and look down at my hands, “Nothing- I...I just...I saw the, um, bruises. Are you...okay?”

“I fell down some stairs,” She shrugs lightly as she swirls her straw around in her cup. I don't think stairs leave finger-shaped marks, but whatever. I wasn't going to push it. After a minute passed, she sneered, “How're you and Rupert? I hear you guys have been spending a lot of time together.”

I let out a breath and take a seat next to her. I'd heard that a lot- that him and I had been spending a lot of time together. Actually, we didn't spend very much time together. I could tell he was trying, but I didn't know why he was trying. I wasn't about to let him into my life because suddenly he thought we'd be good together. That's not how guys work.

When I didn't respond for another minute, she said, “I don't think you guys have been spending a lot of time together, if you ask me. Everytime I see you, you're either alone or with some of your other preppy friends. When I see him? He's flirting with some nobody, giving them false hope.”

I frown slightly and nod at the guy as he set my cup in front of me, “I don't really know what he wants.”

“What do all guys want?” She snorts, and I think of Paul- her boyfriend. They were good for each other. Maybe he could give her what she obviously wasn't getting at home. Love. Happiness. Hope. “If you ask me, he's just trying to get into your pants again. This is Rupert- though, it's not like my opinion matters to you.”

My thoughts are taken over by the dreadful night at the party- the night I lost my virginity to the guy who didn't care. I wanted to leave and sit in my car and cry until I couldn't anymore, but I didn't. I couldn't run away from this. I sniffled and looked over at Isabelle, then asked, “Why do we fight?”

“Because you're a spoiled bitch,” Isabelle says without hesitating, and there's just something about the way she said it that made me grin. Her honesty was one of the things that I'd always admired. “I don't know. Ever since you had that birthday party when we were in the 4th grade and you accused me of taking your tiara- which I didn't, by the way. It was the stupid skank, Valerie.”

“Val?” I raise an eyebrow, but then shrug. Not like it mattered anymore. “We used me be best friends. Don't you miss that?”

I glance over at Isabelle, and she was biting on the tip of her straw, her eyes focused on the wall in front of us, “Sure, I guess. Sometimes. I see you parading around the school with your little posse and I just think 'I could've been one of those bitches.' But...” She shrugs, and trails off, then shakes her head and smiles a bit. “I have friends, though.”

I wondered if we could be friends again- it would be fun, I guessed. Getting to know the girl I used to know by heart? That would be interesting. I could help get her away from whatever nightmare that sat in her home- if that's where the nightmare was. I remember when we were in the 4th grade- before the party- and she'd told me that her father was being mean to her, but I didn't know if that was still the problem. Was her father being mean to her still? Hurting her? I hoped not.

“I'm going to the salon this weekend- getting my hair and nails done. It was only going to be me, but now that I think about it, it'd be fun to have company,” I pause, and take a drink of my frappe. “Wanna come?”

“Why?” She asks, and honestly, I'm shocked. Why not? “What are you trying to do, Jessie? Become my friend again so we can have sleepovers, braid each others hair, talk about cute boys? Is that what you want?”

I sigh, but meet her fiery eyes and shrug one shoulder, “I didn't say that. But maybe be could be friends again at some point. You don't have to come with me, I just think...it'd be nice. We've been wasting almost 8 years of our lives trying to make each other miserable, but why? Because I thought you stole my tiara at my birthday? Why not just be friends?”

“You're too nice,” Isabelle huffs, but I catch a glimpse of a smile before she looks and me and purses her lips. “Fine. I'll see if I'm doing anything next weekend, but I'm not making any promises.”

I grin and nod, and she gets up, tosses her cup in the trash, then walks out. That was a nice start to a beautiful relationship, wasn't it? I take another drink of my frappe, slap a 10 down on the counter, and leave the building. A nap sounded good right about now.

The next day, I'd gotten a text from Dafnie. She was having a party. Of course she was. I didn't exactly want to go, but I didn't have anything else to do, so I had to. I owed her anyways, for coming to my rescue when I was at Rupert's.

I slipped on a dark red mini dress, black pumps, then did my make up and left. A party could probably help me forget about the things I'd been thinking about lately.

The drive wasn't too long- especially since I was speeding. When I did arrive at her house, it was nearly packed. Cars lined the sides of the street, and teens were spilled out in her front yard, holding red solo cups as they danced to the loud music. I threw my bag in the passenger seat, left my phone, and got out, making sure to lock the doors.

Once I got inside, I grabbed a cup a gulped down the alcohol. The burning liquid slid down my throat, and I grabbed another, desperate to lose my state of mind. This is what I had. This is what I could do to help me. But this wasn't going to help me in the end. I continued to guzzle down the beer until my eye sight began to fuzz up and I couldn't stand straight. My mind was too blurry to concentrate on one thing, and that's what I wanted.

I filled my cup back up and set out in search of someone- I wasn't sure who I was looking for, but I kept looking. When my eyes found a familiar boys dark ones, I found myself smiling, and I didn't know what I was doing but I was doing it. Our skin touched, and it was hot. Energy coursed through me, and I wanted to touch him more, I wanted him to touch me more, I wanted him. Rupert. That's who this was. He was the only one who could make me feel like this, so it had to be him.

I didn't know what was happening, but something was happening, and after a few minutes of fiery touches, we were separated, and there was another girl he was talking to. I didn't know who it was- mostly because I couldn't see straight enough to tell who it was. He stepped away from me, and I wanted him back at my side, I wanted him to put his hands back on my waist, I wanted him back.

When I shook my head and ran a hand over my face, he was going up the stairs, and I could see a smile. He didn't want me. I wasn't enough. I couldn't stay there any longer- I had to go. I had to leave this place. It was too crowded, and my head was spinning, and the stench of beer and sweat filled my nostrils and I could feel the vomit rising in my throat.

Once I stepped outside, a gust of cool air pushed my hair out of my face, and I let it out. I just opened my mouth and let the barf go, spraying the lawn. As soon as it seemed like it was all out, I could feel my eyes welling with tears and kicked off my heels, picked them up, and ran out to my car. The one person I'd always wanted to be good enough for, gone. I hadn't tried hard enough, perhaps. I wasn't pretty enough. Maybe I was too easy for him. Or maybe I wasn't easy enough for him.

I clicked the button that unlocked my car and climbed in, collapsing on the leather seat. I shut the door behind me and jut sat there, not sure what to do. Drive? I was intoxicated. I could get pulled over and taken to jail, and if that happened, my parents would take me off of their name. I'd be a nobody.

I just sat there with my eyes closed as a few tears slid onto the seat. Maybe I just tried too hard. I tossed the heels behind me and shook my head at myself. This is what I deserved.

I decided that I was good enough to drive, and stuck the keys in the ignition, twisted it, them pulled into the road once the car hummed to life.

Blurred images passed by me as I cruised down the road, and I just wanted to talk to someone, to be with someone, but I was alone in this sad world of mine. I pressed my foot down on the breaks as I rolled up to a stoplight, and waited for the light to turn green before looking both ways and releasing the breaks.

The next thing I knew? The car was spinning, and I couldn't tell what was going on but I felt vomit rising back up in my throat as my car kept spinning on a road, and I was terrified of what was about to happen, but I also didn't know what was about to happen, so I was afraid of the unknown and I was getting dizzy and I just needed to step out of the car but it kept going and going until it hit a curb and tumbled over, and I screamed when it began rolling down a small hill.

I held onto my seat belt and tried to pull back when my face yanked forward and the last thing I felt was the cool breeze drifting over my face before everything went black.

I awoke to white- white and the smell of rubbing alcohol. The smell of a hospital. I went to rub my eyes, but pain shot up my wrist and I rested my arm back down. I frowned and looked around the room, and it came back to me- my car being hit by something, it spinning out of control, my face going through the windshield. I felt the pain coursing through my body- mostly my arms, head, and face.

A man stepped into the room, and I recognized him as my father. What was he doing here? He was supposed to be in a meeting.

“D-daddy?” I croak, and I instantly wince at my voice. Ouch.

When I blink, he becomes a little more clear, and I see tears in his eyes. He leans down to me and I just want to cry when he says, “I'm so sorry, baby.”

“What...” I pause and frown more at him, refusing to let the tears escape. “Where's mom?”

His eyes widen a bit, and guilt takes over his eyes, “She had to stay in Paris.”

Of course she did. Her career was too important. Way more important than her daughter.

“Will you page a doctor?” I ask, and he immediately pushes a red button on the dresser next to me.

An older woman steps in a minute later, clip board in hand, and a polite smile on her face, “Hello, Jessie. Good to see you awake.”

“Do you...know what happened?” I ask- even though I already knew. I just...I looked both ways. There wasn't any cars coming. The light was green. Or, well...well, I thought it was green.

“We found traced of alcohol in your system,” The doctor said, stopping in front of my bed. “A witness says that they saw your car pull into open traffic, then get hit by a truck. Your car spun out of control, and tumbled over a hill. You're very lucky to be alive, Jessie.”

I want to shake my head, tell them that there wasn't any traffic, but when I close my eyes, I see my car passing under a red light and cars swerving out of the way so they didn't hit me, then a truck crashing into the side of my car and we both go spinning and I- “I was drunk. And I was mad, but I thought...I thought the light was green. It was my fault.”

“It's okay, calm down. The other driver is okay- they weren't hurt. You, on the other hand, scraped up your face pretty badly, and suffered a broken arm and sprained neck. The neck will heal in a matter of days, if treated right, but that arm took quite a bad break. It'll heal in a few months, though, sweetheart.” The doctor smiles, and I frown. Why was she talking to me like I didn't know?

My mind drifted to the other girl who'd been in a car wreck this year- Cole. I guess I should be happy that I'm not paralyzed, like her. Just a broken arm and a sprained neck. Though, I wouldn't be in this mess if I hadn't of gone to that party. Or if I hadn't decided that I didn't care what happened if I drove while intoxicated. I'm so reckless and stupid and dammit, why?

I hoped that nobody came to the hospital- that'd be embarrassing. People from school coming to comfort me because I was stupid enough to drive while drunk? Dear lord.

I sighed and I wanted to cry so badly but my dad was clutching my hand and the doctor was talking and I couldn't concentrate enough to let the tears go.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:48 am
View Likes
Sunshine says...

Adah Lone

He's really cute.

I can think that in a platonic way, right? That's definitely a thing. Or in a artistic way, admiring way his genes combined to make the soft curve of his face. In a science way, even, the pigment of his skin and the shade of his hair.

In all of the above ways, cute. Just the above ways, though. You know. Anyway.

We finish our ice cream and don't talk about April Elizabeth, even though her phone number is burning a hole in my pocket. Though we weren't exactly approaching ease before, whatever semblance of it had been yanked out from under us. We enter the car silent.

And the radio turns on to Taylor Swift's 'Style'. Adah Lone, don't you dare. Don't you dare make a fool of yourself in front of Collin. Collin has great taste in music. So do you.

I have to clench my lips. I only ever strive to make a fool out of myself in front of Jules and Amy, and that's to get it out.

I'm mouthing the words before I can stop myself, and when the chorus comes on, I'm singing softly to myself. Horrified, realizing what I'm doing, I turn to Collin.

"Oh, I'm really sorry-"

He's mouthing the words too. He blushes, but shrugs. "Taylor Swift, you know?"

"I know."

Both of our faces are Marciano Cherry red, but we sing that song until we run out of words.

We go back inside the school, but I don't really know where to go. Part of me wants to follow Collin to the little room where he sews, but I Iong to be intoxicated again with the fumes of the art room.

Neither of us can look each other directly in the eye. "I had fun." He says.

"Me too. What's your favorite kind of Ice Cream?"

"Rocky Road."

"Okay."

"Is yours Cookie Dough?"

"Yeah."

"I thought so."

"Now I guess we know something about each other."

I'd like to know more.

"Can I, uh, have your number? I'd like to plan our next meeting."

I give it to him, and he gives me his.

"I'll be in the art room."

"Okay. I'll see you around."

"Okay."

It takes another moment after exchanges Okay's like we're Hazel and Augustus to walk away.

I stare at my picture of Isabelle in the Art Room. It is pretty good, I guess. I curl it up to store away in my room. I have the urge to draw Collin, but instead I splatter paper with colors by flicking the brush at the paper.

A list of things I am not thinking about:
- A boy named Collin who is in a room somewhere two hallways away from mine.

I flick paint at the paper.

It's been a good day.

@shiney I hope that song scene was okay? I felt like I was stretching it, but it was cute and came into my head , so... Let me know.
Last edited by Sunshine on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

271 Reviews

Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:17 am
Gravity says...

Cole

I woke up in a hospital room to see Dafnie holding a set of clothes.

"Huh?" My eyelids were stuck to my cheeks and I wiped the sand off my waterline, trying to make my vision slightly less blurry.

"You really need to stop landing yourself in the hospital. Thank goodness they only needed you for two days." Dafnie pursed her lips looking not too happy with me.

"What?"

"Don't you read the warnings on your pills before you take them? 'Do not take if you have habitual or excessive drinking habits' 'Do not consume alcohol while taking this medication' 'consumption of alcohol with this medication may result in potentially fatal side effects.' and look what you did. You drank right after you took your meds. Are you stupid?" I wasn't expecting Dafnie to blow up on me like that, especially with her alcohol history.

"Did you know they were seriously considering lowering your prescriptions, thinking this might be a regular thing? But no, good old Dafnie managed to convince them that you would never do this, this was a one time thing. So it better be." She helped me out of my hospital gown before yanking the jeans up over my legs.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, my voice raspy from lack of use.

"You really scared Rupert! He's been worried sick." My eyes popped wide open, then.

"Where's my phone?" Dafnie handed it to me and I unlocked the screen with one hand.

I love you that stupid text. I sent it right before the seizure.

Dafnie grabbed my phone and tanked a t shirt and a hoody over me, gathering my hair into a messy ponytail. A nurse walked into my room just then and helped Dafnie get me into a wheelchair to get me out to the car.

That text kept running through my mind, even as Dafnie helped me out of the car and into the shower at home. I washed myself the best I could as usual, before she averted her eyes and gave me a towel.

"There's someone here to see you," she said hesitantly. "Rupert. He came knockng while you were in the shower and I told him to wait downstairs." I nodded, pulling up underwear and leaning over in my shower chair as Dafnie hooked a bra behind me.

I just put on sweatpants and a t shirt. I was eager to see Rupert and didn't want to spend time on the non essentials. The important part was I didn't smell like hospital anymore.

Dafnie pulled my hair up into a drippy messy bun as she wheeled me out of the bedroom and into the living room where Rupert stood stiffly.

"Hey," I said sheepishly.

"Hi," he said, assessing me.

"I saw the text I sent," I began, my cheeks turning red as Dafnie left the room.

"I did too." His face scrunched up, "I mean, yeah. The text." After he spoke I pushed the lever on my chair and motored it forward, towards him.

"I was drunk." I said simply even though I could feel a bang in my chest, like I was being ripped in half.

"I figured."

He stood, and I sat, in silence for a few minutes. My brain was whirring with too many thoughts for someone who just got out of the hospital less than 2 hours previously. But I could feel the pang in my chest. The pang I got every time I saw Rupert with Jessie or I heard someone gossiping about them. They were the power couple, everyone expected them to date. But I was tired of it, I wanted to be with him. And a part of me was sure he wanted to be with me too.

"But that doesn't change how I feel about you," he looked up, surprised, as I finished my sentence.

"You're right, Rupert. I bought you that lock. I sent you that text. I am tired of the games. I'm tired of you running to screw Jessie every time something goes wrong with you or you get horny. I'm so sick of watching you hang around a girl you don't even like and a girl that quite frankly, I can't stand. She's not good enough for you. You are such a wonderful person, but nobody cares enough to see how incredible you are. And I want to be with you." His head popped up as his eyes widened and a laugh began to escape my lips. Partially from relief, partially because with his big eyes, he really resembled my pet goldfish in France.

But before much sound could get out, he was kneeling on the floor and kissing me. His hands were cupping my face and running through the strands in my bun that had fallen free, staining his fingers with water. And I kissed back, realizing that he had knelt down to get on my level. Hunter had always stooped or looked down on me. And then my mind told me to shut up and stop comparing Hunter to Rupert because Rupert was incomparable. His kiss wasn't gentle, like he was afraid of breaking me. It was deep, like he knew I was strong enough to handle it.

And when he finally pulled away, he rested his head against mine, water from my hair glistening against his forehead. Our noses touched and we breathed the same air, his hands moving down to my neck to hold me gently but firmly in place.

"Wow," I breathed.

46 Reviews

Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:12 pm
NicoleBri says...

Isabelle

I was laying in bed, right beside April and Paul was right in front of me, my head was blurry and I just knew I would regret this in the morning. I looked at Paul one last time, my mouth threw out words on command, "I..I love you." I told him. Tears welted my cheeks and I just didn't want to get hurt. I sighed, and in an instant I was out like a light, the only thing I remember is muffled voices and someone picking me up.

-----

The next day I woke back up In the same spot from the day before, in Paul's bed. The only thing different was that he was right beside me. I rolled over on my side, I just wanted to look at how beautiful he was, he was still asleep so it was easy just to look at him without feeling weird.

I felt something buzz on the bed and it was my phone. Jessie was in the hospital. I couldn't believe It when I read it, but then again I could. I knew we weren't exactly friends but I wanted to go up there and see her.

----

Walking through the hospital doors, I quickly asked the nurse where her room was and I followed them to it.

"Second to last door on the left." she told me. I walked in and there she was. "I'm sorry I came so early." I told her. She looked shocked.

"Oh, uh, it's okay, I mean I didn't really expect you to come anyways." She replied sort of with a laugh, I laughed too, I didn't expect to ever be here either; at least not with her.

"I.. I know we aren't friends really, but Jessie, if stuff like this happened id never leave you alone." I finally admitted. She smiled and though it was awkward, I half hugged her.

"Maybe we can work our relationship out." I told her as I took a seat beside her bed. She smiled and nodded. "How are you feeling?" I asked, she shrugged and I knew she was at least aching.

I touched her hand and just sat there. "So.. uhm, how are you and Paul?" she asked me. I smiled at his name being said.

"I think we are great." I replied. Speak of the devil, he texted me.

"Where are you?" It said.

"I'm.. well.. with Jessie. She got in a wreck. Didn't you hear?"

I put my phone away, because I figured it would be rude. "So have you met my friend April yet?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"Nope."

"Hm.. well maybe we can all three hang out one day." I finally say.

------

Finally it was time for me to go. I needed to go do some things before it got too late. "Don't be afraid to text me." I say and walk out the door.

I got in my car and went up to the school, I was bored and needed to get some math work done anyways.

When I got there I saw Collin and Adah both walking in through the back gate. Being my nosey self, I go up there and follow them. Once I saw they both split ways, I decided to go talk to my long lost friend, Collin.

"Hey there." I say and startle him. He smiles at me and I take a seat in front of him. "So you and Adah are a thing now?" I asked. He kind of smiled as I mentioned her name. I smiled back. "I wish you and I could hang out sometime." I told him.

Paul and I were definitely a thing, but I missed the shy, but cute quite guy in my life. He was a good person. "I'm sorry, I just have been busy." he replied. I nod, because I know what it is like to not ever have time to do the things you want.

"So, how are you?" I asked.

Spoiler! :
@Shiney and @Nike :)

- Ayn Rand

267 Reviews

Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:05 pm
Nike says...

Dafnie Serena Leto
Spoiler! :

I had helped Cole get out of hospital. She was an idiot for thinking that getting drunk was a smart idea. Especially after taking drugs. I loved the girl, but sometimes even she disappointed me. But she wasn't an idiot all the time, she knew what she wanted. And seeing Rupert at the front door made my body turn cold.

You always want to be the girl to change the bad boy, make him love you and be commuted to you no matter what. He won't even think of shagging other girls. Because, sadly, this world is not filled with Mark Darcy's. You get those boys who like to fuck everyone in hopes to make him into the perfect man.

I left them alone to do what they were doing, I had a feeling it involved more than talking, but if Rupert could handle it would be something.

Cole needed help all the time, so I couldn't just leave her. But she had Rupert now. He would help her until her parents came home. I really wasn't in the mood to sit around and hear how much she loves Rupert. Like I said, I love her, but I can't handle the idea of the both of them together. I will always be there for her.

"Cole, I'm off," I said as I opened the front door.

There was no reply, so I took that as an 'okay, bye.' and left.

Paul was there for me two days ago. He held me and let me cry... and he still has no idea why. I knew he came looking out for me once I left, I heard him yelling my name. But, I escaped and he couldn't find me. He was happy. I didn't need to intrude on that. Isabelle was just perfect.

And I was in love with him.

The way he'd look at me when I was talking, or the how his cheeks got a soft pink everytime he'd laugh. But he wasn't for me.

But that wasn't the reason why I was sobbing. My aunt had just passed away. She was the one I hated when I was a kid because she'd make fun. But once I got older, I loved her, I really admired her for her asshole-y ways.

Paul knew who she was. He knew how much I loved her. But he didn't have to know now. He's even met her before, she adored him. She practically shipped us. That was before I let myself love him.

I don't just love... I have to let myself do it. My heart isn't capable of just falling into someone else's.

But, yeah, he doesn't know.

And sitting in my car listening to Led Zeppelin isn't helping much either. All I'm doing is sobbing to the music, I probably look horrendous. My vision went blurry as I tried catching my breath, hearing a whine come passed my throat. I felt hopeless as my heart hurt under the pressure of my immense stress.

Not only was I in love with someone who wouldn't love me back, but, my aunt died.

I looked down at myself. I was still buckled in, because if I wasn't, my car would be beeping every few minutes. My uniform was wrinkled under the belt, a white blouse with a navy pencil skirt.

I worked part time at the airport as an airline agent. It was something to get me by.
So my parents would leave me alone. I wouldn't be told I'm lazy, incapable. Whatever.

Could I have myself a Mr. Darcy?

Just then my phone beeped, a text message. It's been doing that for the past few minutes. I was ignoring it, though I knew I shouldn't be. What if someone needed my help?

Fuck.

I need help.

It went off another few times and I just kept crying as my body shook.

A few minutes passed and I decided that I needed to get out of my car, go take a shower, and sleep. I had school in the morning.

I turned the key in the ignition and oulled it out, grabbing my bag in the process. I hopped out of the car, into the cool night air, letting it blow passed my face. Locking my car, I took the back alley way towards the back of the house.

It was finally time to read my texts.

Hey Daf, what's up? Jessie.

Hey!
Hey?
Dafnie? ARe you there?
You're never not on your phone. Are you okay?
DAFNIE!
I will call you.
How are you not answering? Are you dead?
Cole.

Daffy, can I see you? Paul.

I stared at Paul's message for a moment longer, feeling my heart race against my chest. Then, I went back to the rest.

Hey, Paul is worried sick. Are you alright? Isabelle.
Last edited by Nike on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

267 Reviews

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:34 pm
Nike says...

Rupert Jean Franz
Spoiler! :

"You think it's okay to lie about it, now, don't you?" I huffed under my breath.

Hawthorne looked at me this time as she stood by her locker. I have caught her after classes. I needed to get her some help, or at least get her to ask for help. This poor girl couldn't go wandering around, letting herself get beaten on.

"I don't know what you're talking about." she murmured.

I took a step closer to her, eyeing the bruise. It was worse than the one I got whilst fighting a senior at some jock party. This looked bad. She couldn't keep saying she fell or something.

"Hawthorne, I know you don't like me. But I feel responsible to get you help." I said. "Who knows? Does Cole know? or Dafnie?" I asked.

She averted her eyes to the floor and I felt the tension thicken.

"You're letting yourself get beat like that?" I asked.

She stood silent, not even moving a muscle. There was nothing I could do, she wouldn't budge to even say anything.

"I'm going to tell the cops." I said sternly.

Now her eyes came to life, all wide and panicked. "You wouldn't."

I stood my ground, feeling confidence swerve through me. She wasn't sure that I was telling the truth. But. if she wouldn't help herself, who would?

"Hawthorne, you're getting hurt. Why wouldn't I?"

"Because it's none of your business." she looks down at the ground. "I can take care of myself."

Somehow, she wasn't very convincing. Esspecialy since, she was already hurt. I took in a deep breath and rubbed my forehead.

"I know it's none of my business. But, Thorne." I paused. "You can't let yourself get hurt."

"You don't think I know that?" she frowned. "I've been dealing with this for the last ten years of my life, and I know I don't deserve what's happening to me, and that it's not fair, but life isn't fair."

I didn't know what to say at that point. There was no saying 'sorry', it wouldn't go down well. You can't be sorry for something you didn't do. And you can't be sorry for what someone is going through because you honestly have no idea what they are going through. And I felt sorry. I felt sick. It was like the world was crumpling around me and I couldn't stop it. People other than me were going through worse.

And one of them was her.

She was getting hurt and she had no say, she had to deal. And fuck, I felt sick.

I was speechless. She caught on, I could tell, she knew I wouldn't speak for a while.

"Look," she sighed. "I know you want to help, and that's sweet, but i'm ok. I know what I need to do to get out. I'm just asking for time."

I took in what she said, but knew it was wrong. She needed help. There was no way time would do her well. She could be dead the next time I hear of her.

"Hawthorne, no. You need to stop this." I huffed, looking at her. "I know I'm the last person you would expect to get help from, but I will help you. We can get Daf and Cole. You can be okay now. We will talk to the police. Hawthorne this is the logical solution."

"No," she started to panic. "No. You don't understand what would happen if the police were involved. Please don't."

I folded my arms over my chest.

"What would happen, Thorne? Enlighten me." I paused. "They would stop whoever is hurting you and you'd be safe. That isn't bad."

"You've never met my grandmother." she says. "You don't understand what she's like. She's not the type of woman you want to cross."

"So it's your grandmother." I said.

Her eyes drifted from mine to the floor. I felt my stomach drop as I spoke again.

"She's your grandmother. And she's... hurting you? God, that's sick!" I practically yelled. "Someone needs to stop her!"

"Don't you undertsand that no one can?" Thorne snaps. "Why do you think i'm stuck suffering like this?" she motions to her bruises. "She's got people in high places backing up her every move."

I couldn't believe what she was saying. A grandmother having people in high places? A grandmother related to Hawthorne? I mean, Throne is such a sweet girl, even now with the anger in her eyes, she resembles good.

"So... what are you doing?"

"I'm going to do what I have to," she said, the look on her face and sound of her voice broke my heart.

I didn't say anything, just stared and gave her a knowing look. It wasn't to comfort her or to say that I understood. Because I honestly didn't. I was still staring at her, unsure of what to read from her pale face. I just wanted to take her home and keep her safe.

"Thanks," she said softly. "And I do like you. My birthday is in a few months, and then i'll legally be 18. After that, i'll be free from her. You won't have to worry anymore."

"Move in with me," I said without even really thinking.

Kissing Cole was so indescribable. It was love. There was no other way to express that. The feelings that were blooming in my body, it was love. Simple. There was no telling that the fireworks exploded or that my head went all fuzzy.

I can't explain how it was because it just was and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I could kiss her for forever and one day. I know, I sound cheesy.

Kissing her made me forget.

But then, made me remember.

"Cole," I whispered with all seriousness.

Her eyes met mine as she fought the urge not to smile. I took her hand in mine and waited for a moment. I had no idea how to tell her.

She was sitting there, in her chair, while I was kneeling in front of her. She looked so happy, ruining it would be a tragedy. But I couldn't not tell her. I mean, Rose was he friend.

"Cole," I said again. "Hawthorne... she's... Cole," I looked down at the ground, taking in a deep breath trying to calm my racing heart. "Hawthorne is being abused."

She looked at me, her eyes filled with confusion. I held her hands in mine, assuring her that I was still here. I let the news sink in.

"What do you mean?" She stuttered.

"Her grandmother is hurting her. Cole, she needs help."

271 Reviews

Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:57 am
Gravity says...

Cole
"I already kinda guessed," I admitted to him as he pulled me from out of my chair and onto the sofa. He held me and I played with his fingers.

"Why didn't you say something?" He asked.

"If you call the police, Thorne's Grandma will lose custody," I said,

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"No, Rupert. She's too old to even be put in foster care. She'd be in a group home. Foster homes are bad but group homes are worse. You room with other girls and sometimes guys in the same house. Most of them are drug addicts or belong in gangs. She wouldn't go to Lincoln and she'd be treated like a criminal."

he sat there silently for a minute.

"I asked her to move in with me," he said after a long pause.

I tried to sit up but ended up nearly toppling over to the other side of the couch. Damn paralysis.

"You what?" I cared about Thorne, I really did. But I liked Rupert. I thought about Thorne's body, the way all the boys ogled her in gym class. I thought about Rupert's history with Jessie and with pretty much any other girl who would spread her legs for him. And then I looked down at my own leg. Limp. Unspreadable, even if I wanted to.

"She needs to be safe. Her Grandma could kill her!"

He had a point. I hated it, but he had a point.

"I'm really not comfortable with this."

"Cole, I love you. Why won't you believe that?"

"I do," I exhaled, "But she has bigger boobs than me. And you like big boobs. You like anything with boobs really..."

He bit his lip and looked embarrassed. "So?"

"So, what if she moved in here? My host parents are never really home anyway. They're not gonna care."

"We can ask," he says.

"Oh and for the record," he winks at me, "Your boobs are great." I smack him playfully just before he kisses me, and I feel at home.

Spoiler! :

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:18 am
AlmondEyes says...

~Hawthorne~

"You think it's okay to lie about it, now, don't you?" Rupert huffed under his breath.

I looked at him as I stood by my locker. He'd caught me as I stepped to it, and it was pretty obvious that he wasn't going to let me go anywhere. I didn't know what to do.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I looked away.

Rupert took a step closer to me, eyeing my bruise. "Hawthorne, I know you don't like me. But I feel responsible to get you help. Who knows? Does Cole know? or Dafnie?"

The tension in the air thickened as I once again looked away from him. Neither one of them knew, and I wanted to keep it that way for as long as possible.

"You're letting yourself get beat like that?" Rupert looked appalled.

I stood silent, not even moving a muscle.

"I'm going to tell the cops." he said sternly.

My eyes snapped to him, my heart starting to race. "You wouldn't."

Rupert stood his ground.

"Hawthorne, you're getting hurt. Why wouldn't I?"

"Because it's none of your business." she looks down at the ground. "I can take care of myself."

Somehow, Rupert wasn't very convinced.

"I know it's none of my business. But, Thorne." he paused. "You can't let yourself get hurt."

"You don't think I know that?" I frowned. "I've been dealing with this for the last ten years of my life, and I know I don't deserve what's happening to me, and that it's not fair, but life isn't fair."

Rupert didn't say anything. Probably speechless by the look on his face

"Look," I sighed tiredly. "I know you want to help, and that's sweet, but i'm ok. I know what I need to do to get out. I'm just asking for time."

"Hawthorne, no. You need to stop this." Rupert huffed, looking at me. "I know I'm the last person you would expect to get help from, but I will help you. We can get Daf and Cole. You can be okay now. We will talk to the police. Hawthorne this is the logical solution."

"No," I started to panic. "No. You don't understand what would happen if the police were involved. Please don't."

He folded my arms over my chest.

"What would happen, Thorne? Enlighten me." he said. "They would stop whoever is hurting you and you'd be safe. That isn't bad."

"You've never met my grandmother." I tell him. "You don't understand what she's like. She's not the type of woman you want to cross."

"So it's your grandmother." he asks.

My eyes drifted to the floor. I felt my stomach drop as I stood there.

"She's your grandmother. And she's... hurting you? God, that's sick!" Rupert practically yelled. "Someone needs to stop her!"

"Don't you understand that no one can?" I snap. "Why do you think i'm stuck suffering like this?" she motions to her bruises "She's got people in high places backing up her every move."

"So... what are you doing?" he looked at me

"I'm going to do what I have to," I answer, though I didn't have any hope of ever being free.

Rupert didn't say anything, just gave me a knowing look. I knew all he wanted to do was help, but he would just make things worse for me. If my grandmother ever found out that someone was trying to help me get out from under her thumb, I didn't even want to think about what would happen...

"Thanks," I said softly. "And I do like you. My birthday is in a few months, and then i'll legally be 18. After that, i'll be free from her. You won't have to worry anymore."

"Move in with me," was the next thing that came out of his mouth.

For a moment, I was too shocked to say anything.

"That's sweet, but I can't do that." I say sadly. "So for now, just forget what you know. I've survived for this long, and I can survive for a little while longer."

He opened his mouth to say something, but I closed my locker and left him standing there looking like he didn't know to do.

Not having anything better to do, I decided to clean my room. For now, I had the entire place to myself. Grandmot- Agatha, had taken Grandfather out earlier this morning. I had no idea where they were, but I would enjoy the quiet while I could. I put on some music, singing along as I cleaned. It didn't very long, since it wasn't that dirty to begin with. Just as I finish, I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and pull it out. When I saw it was a text from Cole, I smiled genuinely. Something I hadn't done in a while.

Hey. What's up? she asked.

Nothing. Just a little cleaning. You?

Rupert's here keeping me company. Cole replied.

My face fell when I read his name on the screen.

It's great he's keeping you company.

It is, but he's about to head out, and i'm feigning for some Starbucks. I'm paying. How bout it?

I shrugged as I thought about it. I could use a Mocha Frappuccino or Caramel Macchiato as a treat. It would be nice.

Sure. Sounds like a plan. Be there in a few.

Grabbing my bag and keys, I headed over to pick up Cole. I didn't leave a note, because they probably didn't care. The house was clean, and I would be gone.

It was a nice day out, with the sun smiling down on us and the wind playing with our hair, making them dance like frolicking children. I couldn't remember the last time i'd hung out with Dafnie or Cole. It'd been too long. I wasn't sure how long we'd been sitting. Time seemed to have flown by as we sat and talked about practically nothing. Cole switched the subject me, bringing Rupert up. I think I did a good job of hiding the frown that almost came at the mention of him.

"So..." Cole blushed. "Last night with Rupert was great."

I smiled, genuinely happy for her. "That's great. Things must have been really good if you're blushing that hard."

If possible, she blushed even harder. "That's not what I meant."

"I know." I laugh. "Just teasing you."

"I figured as much." she tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

Before she says anything else, one of the waiters walks up to us. He turns to me, a friendly smile on his face. "Can I get you ladies anything?"

"No thank you." I smile back. "I think we're good."

"Alright. Just let me know if you need anything else. I'll be glad to see to your needs." he winks before tuning and taking his leave.

Hm. That was odd. I turn my gaze back to Cole, who's staring at me, this a weird look on her face.

"Is something wrong?" I frown.

"You didn't see what just happened there?" she raised an eyebrow.

"The waiter? Yea. That was a bit odd. He didn't look at you." I take a sip of my Caramel Macchiato.

"That's because he was checking you out." she says as if I should know this.

I frowned. Checking me out?

"Honey, for someone who's so smart, you can be so dense." she laughed, but something was off.

I frowned again. There was something she wasn't telling me. It had been bugging me since we got here. "What aren't you saying, Cole?"

She fiddles with her cup, but says nothing.

The hand holding my cup clenches. "Out with it."

She looks at me. "Rupert told me about what's happening to you."

Rupert. That son of a bitch. The hand holding my drink gushes from the cup as I strangle it. I don't say anything, just looking at her. The look on my face must not be pleasant, because she seems to get nervous.

"He's worried about you, and so am I." she says sadly. "Rupert wants to go to the police."

"He's no going anywhere." I say flatly. "It's none of his business. he shouldn't have even told you."

"Look," Cole pushes her cup aside. "I know you're angry, but he's just concerned about you. Dafnie-"

"Dafnie knows?" My voice was so calm, I didn't recognize it.

"No, but-"

"Then keep it that way." I tell her. "She doesn't need to find out."

Cole seemed shocked by my attitude, but I don't care. This is my business. Not theirs. They weren't going to screw up my chances of finally being free from the poisonous bitch. No way in hell.

"Hawthorne," Cole frowns. "You need help. Rupert thinks you need to get out. You could move in with-"

The look on my face shut her up. Something about my expression must have stopped her. She even got a little pale.

"I'll only say this once," I look her straight in the eye. "I'm not going anywhere, and no one is telling anyone anything."

She frowned, obviously hurt by my attitude, and even a little scared maybe.

"I'm ready to go." I cut her off as she opens her mouth to say something. "Are you done?"

"I'm ready," she nods her head, not looking at me.

We hop in the car, and I take her home. So much for a nice day. The the clouds had taken over the sun, and the wind no longer danced around my hair.

Spoiler! :
Last edited by AlmondEyes on Tue May 17, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."
— Fredrich Nietzche (Philosopher)