z

Young Writers Society

history

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:04 pm
View Likes
ali 2 says...

i've got this history essay about oliver cromwell and i don't know how to start it.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:14 pm
zell says...

i also have a history essay because us to are in the same class for history so can you help us

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:45 pm
Snoink says...

Start with some research. Who is Oliver Cromwell? A good place to start is just typing his name on wikipedia or Google and seeing what you get. Find out who he is, what makes him famous, and what he is known for. Gather your information from multiple places so you have a good idea or what he's famous for. Go to the library and see what you can find out about the topic that he is famous for.

Then do an outline. What is important? Did you find anything interesting in your research that you want to share with your reader (in this case your teacher)? Start with an introduction, then write detail paragraphs about what he did, etc. And for God's sake, use proper grammar.

Remember to proofread your essay for any errors, either grammatical or factual (you'll know what is factually wrong from your research).

Good luck.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:57 pm
Firestarter says...

Well ... what's the essay question?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:08 pm
View Likes
zell says...

the question is to see if hes a hero or a villain and find out facts about him and what he did and some up the evidence and well you know the rest (proberly) and thanks for your help i'll tell ali about this and we can do it together

Random avatar

Reviews: 85
Wed May 10, 2006 9:46 pm
View Likes
pandoraswritings says...

Well, first you might want to start off where and when he was born, and maybe to whom. Why is he famous? Was he a hero or just a man, or maybe a criminal? Go from there.
Dani

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu May 11, 2006 7:18 pm
Gannon says...

I, for one, completely disagree with "starting off where and when he was born." I do not believe given the time and date of his birth has anything to do with whether or not he is a villain or a hero. Unless you are writing a biography, starting with the time and place of a person is, itself, uncommon. Considering ali 2 and zell are writing an essay on a given individual with a certain question or topic within the bounds severly consticts the assignment and may or may not assist those that this is assigned to.

What would be possibly the most optimum way, in my opinion, is to begin the essay is obviously answering the question given to you. The introductory paragraph should open up with the question that must be answered and the writers opinion on the matter. The remainder of the essay should be devoted to explaining thus, giving factual information that is relevent to the subject. It goes without saying that you follow the introduction with information that is actually linked with the question and/or opinion given by the author. And an essay should always be concluded with the restatement of the introductory paragraph (most effectively with different words) and a very important fact that one must bare in mind when closing an essay is not present any new information.

Thus ends my opinion on that matter; you may or may not find it helpful, though I sincerely wish you do.

Random avatar

Reviews: 99
Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:38 am
Niamh says...

Too bad your essay was probably turned in a long time ago. Cromwell and I happen to be utmost enemies--I could have helped you. :)
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself." -- Declaration of Arbroath

Stupidity's the deliberate cultivation of ignorance.
— William Gaddis