z

Young Writers Society

Algebra II (need help immediantly please)

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:30 am
Flower~Child says...

I am doing Graphing Quadratic Functions. My teacher showed me how to graph problems like, f(x)=x^(1/2) + 6x +1, but the homework I got only has one variable. Like f(x)= 2x^(1/2) How would you work this.
My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:27 am
Lava says...

So, does graphing these QE mean you have to plot a graph based on the function? If yes, then it's quite easy, really.

So, in your homework,
your variable is x. Unless there is another variable like y, z etc., x, x^2, x^anything all are classified as one variable. Because all x will take the same value when you apply it/

Let f(x) = y = 2x^(1/2)
for every value of x, find a value for y. That is, plug in x=0,1,2.... and get corresponding y values. Using that plot graph.

Eg:

1. f(0) = 2(0) = 0 =y0
2. f(1)= 2(1) = 2 =y1
3. f(2) = 2(2^1/2) = 2(1.414) = 2.828

You can continue with this and plot the graph.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:37 pm
Flower~Child says...

Thanks!
My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil