Young Writers Society

Science Fair Project

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:58 pm
Yuriiko says...

Hello there guys!

I'm already in my senior year in high school, so yay for that! :smt004

Actually, I just want to ask if you guys have some any ideas, topics, or even an investigatory project something related to Physics? I badly need it. :shock:

Thanks in advance. :D

Peace out! :smt004
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:12 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

What would be really cool and impressive is if you could make your own miniature magnetic levitation train course. You'd have posters in the background, explaining the physics of magnetic fields and how maglev trains gain speed.

Your version would be really cheap, of course. It'd consist of a track of magnets, covered with paper or whatever you decide you'll make the ground out of, and the train would be another magnet floating on top of it.

Figuring out how to make the magnet move would require further research, but I guarantee it'd be a huge hit :P Trains are just cool :P
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:55 am
View Likes
Lava says...

Seemingly's idea is awesome! I made a physics project back in ninth ( I think) when we made a burglar alarm.

It takes some time, but you can get the components at any electronic hardware store and fitting all of them together is the only really work. And then, decorate it with a door/house etc.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

When life gives you lemons…take over YWS with fruits and vegetables!!!
— LemonescentAnt