z

Young Writers Society

Radio Drama Help

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:19 pm
MeadowLark says...

I have to write a radio drama script for my English (which I'm desperatly trying to finish before the end of the month) but the problem is I can barely write/read a play script. Although I did read something on YWS on how to write a good play script...Anyways I suppose my main question is does anyone have any pointers on how I should write a 2-3 page radio drama? I know I have to briefly describe the sounds made...right??

Also, the radio drama prompt given is:

An old aunt dies and her last words are, "It's in the box."

So, what should be in the box? This question is just for funzies so you don't have to answer it. But I thought perhaps with ideas I would get inspired to actually write it instead of procrastinating :D

Thanks!
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:04 am
lilymoore says...

My recommendation is to write if like a story first. Figure out a few characters and the dialogue. Have them, say, sitting around the table discussing it. And then, go back through, get rid of the "he/she saids" and any actions and then you have your script. Theres the dialogue that comprises a lot of a script. :D

~lilymoore
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck…you should not be so quick to jump to conclusions.
— Cecil Gershwin Palmer