z

Young Writers Society

Manuscript Format HELP!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:25 pm
apatheticwriter says...

Okay, I need some serious help.
I'm enrolled in Penn Foster's Freelance Writing career diploma course, and I need to finish a lot of course before October. I've been procrastinating on the story I had to write, and now I've finally written but I've got to put it in manuscript format and send it to them to grade.
I'm nervous about the grading, but mostly I'm just so confused about the manuscript format!
I'm following the directions in the book, and I even have an internet tab open of a manuscript example, but it just looks so horrible to me, and if I mess up on something and they need me to rewrite or anything...well I just don't have time for that!
I've got 8 more books after this to finish, and it says it takes them 4 weeks to grade. I have to be done before October or my mom has to pay more money for an extension.
I hate myself so much for procrastinating, and I'm freaking out so bad. I can't even type.

PLEASE can someone help me?
What I would like is if someone with experience with manuscript format would let me send them what I have so far, and what the book told me to do as far as formatting goes, and then tell me if I'm doing it correctly? Also, critique on my story and let me know if it would actually get a passing grade.

Please please please. I'm freaking out. I feel like I'm going to cry.

Help?

In summary:
I need someone to review my manuscript and see if it's correct.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:32 pm
Sureal says...

Just follow the descriptions you already have available to you. If you'll forgive me for being a tad cliché, I think you might be making a mountain out of a molehill.

This is another example of a short story manuscript.

But really, as long as you're following directions you've been given, it should fine. Even if it looks a little weird to you, it's probably just your imagination.
I wrote the above just for you.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:35 pm
View Likes
mtempleton says...

I would second Dreamer! that mauscript format looks fabulous.

I always have a similar problem, in that I type and construct my stories/dissertations in a completely different font than they are supposed to be submitted. You have to change it in the end and its horrible.

Anyhoo, best of luck!
"I want my journey to be full of laughter"

Final Fantasy X

The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
— Martin Luther King, Jr.