z

Young Writers Society

Persuiasive paper

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:37 pm
View Likes
alwaysawriter says...

I have three paragraphs of a paper due tomorrow and I have no idea what to write about. Any ideas, please? It can be about anything, as long as I have three or more reasons why.

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:14 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

How about the benefits of not using chat-speak? ;)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:27 pm
View Likes
Clo says...

Hey, Rosey's idea is a good one. You can devote three paragraphs to the following concepts:

1) Why/when chatspeak has come about.
2) Areas where it was originally used and areas that it is spreading over today/the actual problem with this concerning the effects it has on children, and
3) How teachers/parents can help children stray away from the rhetorical error of chatspeak.

You could find a lot of data on each one of these on the internet. I bet there's books on it too!

Nice.
How am I not myself?

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:58 pm
View Likes
alwaysawriter says...

Thanks! :D
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:37 pm
View Likes
Minimal says...

Is it too late to contribute? I'll go for it anyway. You can write about the evils of political correctness. Or why libraries should be open on Sundays. Or why school libraries need to stop carrying less children books and more classics. Or why e-books will destroy civilization as we know it. All very valid persuasive topics. ^_^

pain is that feeling when you are feeling hurt, but it never goes away leaving me hurt. oh it hurts.
— Dragonthorn