z

Young Writers Society

Fashion through the 20th century

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:50 am
View Likes
break~my~heart says...

ok so I have to write this paper, but I couldn't think of an idea (never can) so it was the last minute, and my friend Lindsie, came up with this.
Here's my opening, as you can see, I need extreme help. I'm horrible at writing papers such as:

Fashion through the 20th century

"She's not wearing that is she?" a school girl whispers loudly to her friend. The subject of conversation blushes and stares at the floor, quickly making a mental note to buy exactly what her rude classmate is wearing.
Fashion: both the delight and persecution of guys and girls alike. Delightful, because it is fun, and often, looking good makes you feel good. No, the five inch stilettos don't exactly relax your poor feet, but strutting down the halls in the latest fads makes you feel awed, admired. Tormenting, because it is expensive, and mostly stressful and tiring to keep up with these fast-paced designers.
What an individual wears will most likely, determine his social status, likeability, reputation etc.
Ever since 1900, fashion has ruled the households of many. In this paper, I intend to go from decade to decade as fashion runs its course in changing our society today.

there ya go. Given my subject, it is quite bland and boring, and poorly written. ugh.
please help!! :D
Alone- alone- all- all- alone
Upon the wide, wide sea-
And God will not take pity on
My soul in agony!
- Mary Shelley

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:33 am
View Likes
guitargrl1323 says...

i didn't think it was that bad. maybe try delving into the physiological reasons behind fashion and fads?

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:47 am
View Likes
Princess says...

Heya! lol, I feel like I am doing a review :D

The beginning paragraph is pretty good, just don't add "In my paper." just take that little bit out, so it doesn't sound cheesy.

I suggest not just to mention clothes, but to talk about makeup, hair, jewelry, ect. Also, you should make the reason to your paper more clear in the beginning, so that people will stay hooked.

Hope I helped!

-Prin

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:49 am
DonnaPotter says...

I think with the advent of 20th century fashion totally got re invented in itself. There sis no fixed rules or patterns follow people are constantly in a mood of change and experimenting new things.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri May 23, 2014 9:07 am
FauldsJoseph says...

Now people like some new type of fashion so they are also accepting retro style.
See at hypedc

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:17 am
View Likes
Astronaut says...

It's 5 years after the topic was created, I think the OP probably finished the essay.
I don't have a signature.

Spoiler! :
Bet you didn't see that coming...

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain