z

Young Writers Society

Visual Essays?? Need Help!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:53 am
Manzanna says...

Okay, I have to make a visual essay for my English portfolio. This portfolio is a final project and is worth a huge portion of our mark. One of the required pieces of work is a visual essay which we have to complete on our time.
I've never done a visual essay in my life, and I desperately need some help. Its due soon. Any suggestions of any kind would be appreciated so much!
"When you're nothing, you're free to believe anything." - Milkweed

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:43 am
View Likes
WaterVyper says...

You could probably set up some pictures on a piece of Impraboard (not sure what you call it) with captions. One tip is to make sure that it's neat, like everything else. Decorations might help as well. Basically, I think you should just get pictures, captions, and pieces of information printed and stick them on the board.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:28 pm
Manzanna says...

Okay, thank you!
I was starting to get worried because nobody else I've talked to has done one or knows what they are. Yet, we're supposed to know this, according to my English teacher. Seems like a dumb thing to do for English class though.
"When you're nothing, you're free to believe anything." - Milkweed

Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman