z

Young Writers Society

Motivation

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:43 pm
Runelord says...

I have to study, but like almost everybody else I can't get ANY motivation at ALL... so please any help would be apreciated
Speling mestackes ink.

Flowing scribble

Guns don't kill people, people kill people... And monkeys do (if they have a gun)- Eddie Izzard

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:10 pm
Juniper says...

Hey Hey!

I know how you feel. I suffer a great deal from lack of motivation. I'm not going to say stupid stuff like banish yourself from computer and television until you finish... that's not so fun, but rather pace yourself. Give your self a time limit, compete with a friend-- whatever. Taking a walk to clear your head helps, too. Most of all, remind yourself that you only have "X" amount of years until you finish torture for good. =)

Finding motivation to study is like, the hardest thing ever, so, sorry if I weren't any help.
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:55 pm
Rosendorn says...

I set word/chapter/paragraph/page limits instead of time limits. No watching tv, surfing the web or getting on the phone until X amount of work is completed. That way, no chance of not doing anything during your set time limit.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:47 pm
Krupp says...

Just know that procrastination leads to ill a lot of the time...

Take me for example. I now have to get a 100 on my final exam in order to pass my class....ah, the college life...
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:29 am
madel says...

having good grades is the best way to motivate yourself
think of a way to get what you want

without giving up more than what you have....

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:18 pm
Areida says...

Think about the reasons you want to do well, and why they matter more than playing around on facebook or watching TV or whatever else you could be doing at that moment. This month a year ago I was really struggling with motivation, because I was on the fence about whether or not I'd get into West Point, and I didn't want to do anything, because if I didn't get in, what was the point? Once I was accepted, however, I got fired up again. Because I knew I was working toward something important, something big, something that I really really wanted, I was better able to cut procrastinating short than I had been when I wasn't sure I'd get in.

Long term success versus instant gratification, y'know? So think big picture. Sometimes it helps. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:01 pm
LilyJamey says...

Well, think of all the things you love about school, think of all your acquaintances, and think how they'd look up to you.
Or, you can be like me and, whenever you feel like slacking and say to yourself, "why should I study?"...

..answer back, "BECAUSE I SAY SO!!!"

Sorry bout that. But I really scream it to myself. And I don't need much motivation anyway - I love studying.
Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:09 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Because otherwise, you'll fail. And failure is for losers.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
— Audrey Hepburn