z

Young Writers Society

Memorizing writing, fast

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon May 07, 2007 12:45 am
Emerson says...

So, yeah.

I had to write a modern translation to the epilogue in The Tempest and I have to memorize it by tomorrow... I've had a week if not more to do so but haven't done so because....obvious reasons?

any suggestions? It doesn't have to be really, really memorized, I just can't stair at my cards the whole time xD Maybe I'll sing them!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Mon May 07, 2007 12:53 am
Writersdomain says...

I'm not a pro at this stuff, but here are a few things that have helped me in the past...

1. Take it one or two lines at a time. Especially in a poem, memorize it in small section that make sense, then piece them all together.
2. Write it out. It takes a long time, but it helps, trust me.
3. Sing it! :oops: It works! Honestly!
4. Don't be nervous. Here is where I completely fail. I'll recite it word for word moments before tested on it and them completely blank out on the spot. So... don't be nervous?
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon May 07, 2007 1:05 am
Snoink says...

Pause, look at the class, and then continue reading. But really. Pauses are good.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue May 08, 2007 6:17 pm
Tyd says...

Actually, looking at the class i think is quite bad; i remember one time reading out something and i noticed one person laughing and it completely put me off and i stumbled on the rest of my words for the rest of the reading;

Break a leg ;D
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue May 08, 2007 8:14 pm
Emerson says...

I just read from the card....

No one memorized their lines ><
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Wicked people never have time for reading. It's one of the reasons for their wickedness.
— Lemony Snicket