z

Young Writers Society

School Uniforms

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:01 pm
Meep says...

I've never had to wear a uniform, but my mother went to Catholic school, except for two weeks in a public high school. She said she hated not having a uniform, because it meant figuring out what to wear.
I read a great article awhile ago about how uniforms were a good thing because they gave students something tangible to rebel against. The author asserted that uniforms actually inspired creativity and taught students how to push boundaries without any danger of physical harm. (As opposed to running in the street, or something.)

(This thread is a little old, I hope this still helps.)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:54 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Is there anyone else out there that prefers uniforms to plainclothes in a school environment, or am I just the odd one out?

Yes, you're not alone. My confidence issues are bad enough, without having the pressure of what to wear added on. This probably wouldn't be so bad if I were used to ordinary clothes throughout my school life, but there we go.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:27 pm
Areida says...

Yeah, that's probably part of my liking uniforms too, KazSmurf.

I've worn a uniform since I was in the third grade, so I hardly even remember not wearing one to school. Sure, they may be ugly, but everyone else is wearing it too, right? Hehe.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:56 pm
Leja says...

Meep makes so much sense. Better to have someone creatively alter their uniform than deface school property.

Plus, we offer technical support for your convenience.
— nasstands (likely a spambot, but a polite one, eh?)