z

Young Writers Society

3ds Max Help

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:37 am
View Likes
Roaming Shadow says...

Our instructor went over this early in the class this semester but I can't remember it. In 3ds Max 8, how would you put a picture from your computer onto, say, a plane? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Materials, but I don't remember how it works. What I'm going for is to put the side image of a car on a plane to assist with modeling a car. I already have the picture on my computer, as a bitmap. If anyone out there could help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
"In a fair fight I would have killed you."
"Well that's not much insentive for me to fight fair now is it?" (PotC: TCftBP)

I'm probably dead already, but that doesn't mean I can't take a few scumbags with me. ~Jak

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:47 am
View Likes
Sponson Light says...

A lot of us dont have 3ds max, especially on this site.

If I may direct you to a helpful modding site that I know has a few 3ds max users... Ill send a PM, as to not "freely advertise other websites".
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:57 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

I don't think there is any harm with putting up a website if it deals with a certain problem. We don't want spammers, s'all.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:55 am
Mr. Everyone says...

Try doing a google search for computer forums or somthing like that, or ask a freind or the teacher unless hes like miss umbridge or somthing good luck and =)happy reading(=
~Everyone~

=) *wave*

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:44 am
View Likes
slpnz.com says...

strange question to find on a writers forum eh
but i got time while checking out the forum and maybe it will help someone else who reads this....

Press M to bring up the Material editor choose maps click the NONE next to diffuse colour, choose bitmap then find ya file, select the object you want it on and click assign material to selection.

for anything else visit http://www.3dbuzz.com best place for learning CG :)

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:26 am
Meep says...

You need to apply a custom texture.

Open your materials pallet, and make a new one. I can't remember exactly how to do it, but you make a new texture and apply that. There should be a place you can click that says like "image source" or sommat; just go find your picture and then apply the texture/material.

(It's been almost a year since I've used 3D Studio, so I can't tell you exactly where everything is, and I was never that good at it anyway.)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

You'd better wise up, Pony... you get tough like me and you don't get hurt. You look out for yourself and nothing can touch you, man.
— Dallas Winston, The Outsiders