View Likes
Po5eidon says...

I need some of your opinions: If it is, isn't or if you are not sure

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:58 am
View Likes
zaminami says...

No. To make a time machine, you would need to suck up all of the resources in the world. That's just not possible. It might even extend to various planets and drain those resources out as well. It's just not done.

But check out this article by NASA. You might like it.
Anime enthusiast. Reigen apologist.
Come talk to me about Saiki K!
LGBTQ+ SUPPORTER
I review all things.
First member of the bio trio™.
5'2", lesbian, and ready to throw down.

779 Reviews

Reviews: 779
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:22 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Time Travel, ah a fascinating subject.

Well, I can tell you, with 100% certainty it is not only possible but I have have accomplished it! As I started writing this comment it was precisely 9:14 pm February 11, 2018 according to my computer, but by the time I click "submit" it will be closer to 9:20 pm (February 11, 2018). I have confirmed this with not only my computer, but my phone and alarm clock to make sure. This is pretty much a regular occurrence for me actually. Unfortunately, I have not yet came to an explanation for why it occurs. But every day, the same thing happens, time moves forward, and I travel forward with it.

I wake up. Time passes. I do something else. Time passes.

For instance, I might wake up at 8:00 am on one day, only to find that in about 60 second I've traveled forward to a completely different time - 8:01 am, same day.

I'm not sure how many others experience this sort of time travel. But generally I would say that it's not only an interesting phenomenon, but a good one. I can't imagine being stuck in the same time for all of eternity. It would be very strange indeed. I hope that answers your question. I hope to chat again, only... in another time!
but i don't think i can ever love someone
who doesn't understand that teal
is a different color than
dark cyan.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:36 pm
ZeldaIsSheik says...

Is backward time travel possible? Maybe. If our actions are burned into the quantum foam as we perform them than yes, but otherwise no. We could not travel to the future or change the future. We could only revisit past events and see what caused us.
ZeldaIsShiek. My name is ZeldaIsShiek! There are a million things I haven't done- But just you, wait! Just you wait! (Hamilton fan here)

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:01 pm
Feltrix says...

Like @izanami said, I suspect a time machine isn't possible. You don't necessarily need a time machine to time travel, however. Wormholes, for example, are completely possible and could allow time travel. Black holes warp spacetime around them, so I don't know if you could actually travel through time this way, but you could affect your passage through it.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Former Lord of the Sophomore Class
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Current Lord of the Junior Class

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:28 pm
bhargav says...

it isnt. its only possible for one dimensional objects, like photons and electrons.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:00 pm
Zolen says...

Well now. That is a question for the ages.

The correct answer is, we do not know.

We know we can move forward in time. A mixture of motion, gravity, and special rules of relitivity make that easy to spot.

Say you are moving near the speed of light, time would be moving slower for you, then for everyone else.

Along with that, if you get close enough to a powerful form of gravity, like a black hole, again time would move differently. The closer you get, the greather the time difference.

Beyond that I imagine you want to be able to go back in time, to go 'back from the future' as it were.

According to the conversation of energy rules, you can't. The energy for that past event is being used for the current event, as energy can not be in two places at the same time, anything resembling time travel would simply be you stealing energy from the universe to re-create something. Not only is that not time travel since its something new, but you could potentinally be destorying the universe depending on the mechanics of your attempt.

There is no past to jump to in this understanding of the world, so time travel would not be possible. This is the version of our understanding that I imagine other people are telling you about.

However mathmatically speaking, there are several other ways to time travel, or ways to create a point in the past to travel to.

The first is not really time travel, but there is a theory that every possibility in existance does in fact exist, including ones where the universe simply didn't expand for a little bit longer then it did in our version of the universe. In this case, there might be differences, but close enough that you probably won't notice the difference.

The second is based on our understanding of wormholes. Basically, if you make one you are making a sticky note in time effectivly. As in, you a locking energy around those worm holes, creating jumping off points where someone can enter and exist from any point in the lifetime of that wormhole.

The third is the idea, one popularized by things such as doctor who is the idea that time is irrelevant and all stages of the universes existance all are functioning at the same time, that time is simply another dimension of reality, like the xyz that is 3d space. The idea that gravity and motion are simply pushing us along, and that a higher dimensional being, or a special tool could push us anywhere we want, with the proper knowledge. This is the version everyone would like to be true. But was treated as very unlikely until recently when we noticed photons and electrons were doing some screwy things, as if they were skipping forward in time.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
— Orson Welles