z

Young Writers Society

Issues

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:25 am
EscaSkye says...

For one of my classes, my professor wants us to write a legal memorandum as a final requirement. I was wondering what you all think are relevant legal issues that would be interesting to research on. It could be anything really! I just have to double check whether I'd have enough resources for it. So yeah, do you all have suggestions?
Not anymore.

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:41 am
Aley says...

Do you still need suggestions on this?

If you do, I think you could research marriage in the eyes of the law and what it means to be married, or divorced. It's not a huge law thing, but you should have grounds to say something about it or make some sort of memorandum.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:57 am
EscaSkye says...

@Aley, yup, I still do. Thanks for the suggestion! It might be particularly interesting for me to look up divorce, now that you mentioned it. One of my professors mentioned that while we don't have divorce in my country, a particular provision was meant to act similarly to it.
Not anymore.

The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance.
— Richard Price