z

Young Writers Society

Homework

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:04 am
GDrama97 says...

a
Last edited by GDrama97 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:29 am
Demeter says...

What kind of help do you need?

Also, you've already posted a thread on this exact same topic, only a couple of days ago, so I'll go ahead and lock that one. Please don't create more than one topic for the same thing. Thanks!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

19 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:36 am
GDrama97 says...

a

878 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:52 pm
Demeter says...

Well, what do you have so far?

The way I'd start would be to think about that question in relation to the film and ask myself what it makes me think of. I'm sure it brings at least some thoughts to your mind when you think about it. :)

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

19 Reviews

Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:37 pm
GDrama97 says...

I have got nearly 2 pages of notes on the topic

878 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:44 am
Demeter says...

Well, that's great! Just put them into coherent sentences then ;) and remember you can post the essay on YWS before you submit it if you want advice on it. What exactly is it that you need help with, if you have so many notes already and everything?

Got YWS?

19 Reviews

Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:25 am
GDrama97 says...

a

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:29 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

The hard truth is that you ultimately have to do the work yourself, or else you're committing academic fraud, which is an expel-worthy offense in college.

No one on YWS is going to write your essay for you; however, once you have written your own essay, you can post it in the literary works section for reviews that may help you along the way.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

19 Reviews

Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:56 am
GDrama97 says...

a
Last edited by GDrama97 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:40 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

So, actually you're not asking for help at all? You're just asking for someone to do your work for you?

I am certainly not going to do that. And I really hope (and think) that no one else will, either, whether they're here on YWS or at school with you. Your work has been given for you to do: that means that YOU are the only one to do it. And I'm not saying this only because I have no interest whatsoever in writing a school essay ever again.

I'm sorry, but it kind of angers me that you would ask this. Never mind if they'd "never find out". You'd be lying to your teachers by presenting someone else's work as your own, which, by the way, is called plagiarism, which I'm sure you know is a ban-worthy offense on YWS. And YWS is a website, so you can only imagine how much bigger the punishment would be at school, in real life.

The only way you'll get better at writing essays (or indeed doing anything) is to write them yourself. That's what you're in school for, not cheating your way out. And if you're worried your essay isn't very good, so what? An individual bad grade is not going to ruin your life. And a honest bad grade is certainly worlds better than a dishonest good grade. It means you at least tried.

Sorry for this rant. Good luck in writing your essay (yourself), and when you're done, post it on YWS if you want. I'm willing to give it a look and offer my advice on it (and I'm sure others will too), but only if you promise not to ask for anyone to do your work for you again.

Got YWS?

19 Reviews

Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:42 am
GDrama97 says...

a
Last edited by GDrama97 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:26 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

I see you've edited the original contents of your post, perhaps to make it look like I'm the bad guy, or perhaps for some other reason, but that's irrelevant.

For the record, I responded to your original message above my latest one, which was something along the lines of:

GDrama97 wrote:I am writing the essay in exam conditions, so they won't know if I didn't write it myself as long as I can reproduce it on the day.

Got YWS?

19 Reviews

Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:45 am
GDrama97 says...

a
Last edited by GDrama97 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

19 Reviews

Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:48 pm
GDrama97 says...

a
Last edited by GDrama97 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:44 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

No, you can ask for help and still be implying you want others to write your essay for you. "I want help" is not an innocent concept that absolves you from all accusation.

There is a point where "helping" is, indeed, writing the essay for the person. When you legitimately cannot make a choice on your own, do not put any effort into producing any of your own work, and refuse to answer questions about the topic— that is stepping out of line in asking for help.

"Help" would be if you provided us what you already had, gave us an outline, or basically had something for us to critique. But you don't have any of that. You are, instead, just saying vague statements and basically baiting people who reply to give you the information you need in order to "help" you, when that is writing your essay for you.

If you would provide us with specifics of what you're struggling with, your own notes, an outline, or anything you've already done to work on this, then the replies would be much different.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

I say, in matters of the heart, treat yo' self.
— Donna, Parks & Rec