z

Young Writers Society

I need 3 silhouettes which tell a story.

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:25 am
Dracula says...

This is slightly hard to explain but I'll give it a go. My art project is to have three square canvasses (or just thick paper, though that's irrelevant), on which are three scenes drawn as silhouettes.

My three silhouettes must be detailed, so one cat and a tree won't do. I'd have to add a brick fence which the cat is sitting on, leaves falling from the tree, ivy creeping up the wall, etc.

I'll be using marbling for the backgrounds which the silhouettes will be placed upon, so it will be colourful. Therefore a dark, gloomy scene in a graveyard won't do. It needs to be something magical, fun, like a fairytale in three panels.

Lastly, the three images, when placed side by side, must tell a story. Some of my own brainstorms are below, but I'm not quite sure about them. I'd appreciate it if you could give me extra ideas, or expand on my own.

-Three scenes from Alice in Wonderland.

-A child's birthday party, where the images flow together. For example, the first panel could show a hoard of children running with swords in their hands, the next could show them bashing a piƱata and the last would show the children collecting lollies from the ground. But instead of being three seperate pictures, they could all fit together as one.

-Pompeii on volcano day, with a family running from the ash. The last panel could either be the family in water, or their frozen corpses. The background would be marbled with red, orange and yellow to represent lava, or red, black and grey to represent the ash. Although the second option would make it difficult to see the black silhouettes, it would show the chaos in Pompeii.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:53 am
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

So Dracula i personally like the third option, the Pompeii one with the volcano, i really like nature landscape. I would just say be creative and don't ever be abroad to use bright colors that could make this destructive scene happy. Books red, oranges, yellow, could all accent your painting.
Just draw it out and give it a go. I really like the idea of them telling a story, each complementing the other one so make sure to actually place them in logical order ;) so that it's like first, second, third and then when your display them do that to your audience, left to right!

That's it from me, silhouettes are very interesting thing though. Just try your best!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:40 am
View Likes
birk says...

I actually like your second option, the birthday party. In fact, I might have expanded on that and try to visualize all the parts of a child growing up into these three silhouettes. That might be a bit expansive though.

Maybe do some silhouettes on evolution. I've seen a few of those, and they always look great.
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

"We're just all nosy little busybodies."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi