z

Young Writers Society

Hiroshima by John Hersy

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:25 pm
GDrama97 says...

Has anyobe read Hiroshima by John Hersy?

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:30 am
GDrama97 says...

I have to write a n essay on Hiroshima in 2 days and am needing some help to ensure that i know the book well and the characters well. Also if anyone can give me tips on how to write a good essay that would be great.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:55 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

:o I love that book!

Read the book and don't forget to highlight or bookmark passages that can help support your essay! That will help!

Learn how to spell the author's name! That will really impress your teacher!

Realize that this is not a fictional story, but six survivors recounting their actual stories! John Hersey just puts it in a compelling story arc that resembles fiction.

Figure out what you want to say or prove in your essay! There are so many things you can talk about with that book, from survivor's guilt to death to destruction and so on and so forth. Pick something that struck your fancy (like, for me, what struck me was the young man who felt so bad that he survived and basically beat his body trying to help out everyone, so I would probably do survivor's guilt) when you read the book and choose examples from the book that help talk about whatever you want to talk about.

When you finish your essay, you might want to add some sort of additional commentary about what would happen if such a bomb happened in your neighborhood, or maybe why you think this sort of destruction of nuclear weapons hasn't happened since World War 2. Remember to use examples from the book to talk about this!

Good luck! Glad to see that book is part of your curriculum. It's very important!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende