z

Young Writers Society

Restaurant reviews

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:15 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I have to write a restaurant review for a school assignment, but I have absolutely no idea how to do that. It has to be a French restaurant, so if you have any advice, from French foods and wines that are likely to be served at a high quality restaurant, to the design of such an establishment, I beg you, please share it with me. (Any other tips you may have on writing a restaurant review will be greatly appreciated, if you can suggest any.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:44 pm
Ventomology says...

Yeowch. This doesn't sound at all fantastic.

Anyways, restaurant reviews are a lot like literary ones (except, since this is for others, mostly, and not the restaurant, it can't be as long as your average review), with only a few significant differences.

1. You need a strong lead-in, something that explains or gives background on the restaurant, and why you are reviewing it. When I write reviews for the school paper, I often start by trying to answer the 5 'w's.

2. There should be a clear verdict. It can be in the conclusion or introduction, or anywhere, really, but your opinion needs to be stated, not implied.

That's really all... as for the French-ey stuff, maybe Tortwag can help. I seem to recall he told me he lives in France.

Also, I learned a little bit about French food when I reported on my school's French Club, but I don't think it will help much unless you want to know about pastries and cheese. (The club went to a patisserie and fromagerie, and they learned a lot about how the food is made, so yeah...) If you want that information, shoot me a message and I'll answer it by 10:25 pm your time.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:07 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Thank you, Buggie. I shall take your advice to heart. :)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?
— George Wallace