z

Young Writers Society

Restaurant reviews

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:15 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I have to write a restaurant review for a school assignment, but I have absolutely no idea how to do that. It has to be a French restaurant, so if you have any advice, from French foods and wines that are likely to be served at a high quality restaurant, to the design of such an establishment, I beg you, please share it with me. (Any other tips you may have on writing a restaurant review will be greatly appreciated, if you can suggest any.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:44 pm
Ventomology says...

Yeowch. This doesn't sound at all fantastic.

Anyways, restaurant reviews are a lot like literary ones (except, since this is for others, mostly, and not the restaurant, it can't be as long as your average review), with only a few significant differences.

1. You need a strong lead-in, something that explains or gives background on the restaurant, and why you are reviewing it. When I write reviews for the school paper, I often start by trying to answer the 5 'w's.

2. There should be a clear verdict. It can be in the conclusion or introduction, or anywhere, really, but your opinion needs to be stated, not implied.

That's really all... as for the French-ey stuff, maybe Tortwag can help. I seem to recall he told me he lives in France.

Also, I learned a little bit about French food when I reported on my school's French Club, but I don't think it will help much unless you want to know about pastries and cheese. (The club went to a patisserie and fromagerie, and they learned a lot about how the food is made, so yeah...) If you want that information, shoot me a message and I'll answer it by 10:25 pm your time.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:07 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Thank you, Buggie. I shall take your advice to heart. :)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

akdsjfh you know that feeling where you start writing a scene but then you get bored with the scene so you move on and start writing a different scene and then you get bored with that scene so you move on to an entirely different WIP and then you get bored with that so you move on-
— AceassinOfTheMoon