z

Young Writers Society

French + Speaking = loud panicking noises

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:50 pm
MarbleToast says...

As the observant among you may have noticed, I have a French Speaking exam in a week for my GCSEs.

I cannot put into words how I feel about this.

There's the one side where panic is king, and the left-side neurons are busy being negative. We don't speak of that place. Then there's the part which is quietly confident, because I know I'm good at stringing sentences together to make them sound vaguely intelligent. And finally there's the part where those right-side neurons are toiling over examining and analysing every scrap of French I see.

Essentially, the task is simple.

Five questions, an answer with five points to thus, in five minutes. It's about the local area- so where I live, what's in the town, what should be in the town, and the like.

In my head, the exam should go like this;

Examiner: (In French) Where do you live?

Me: I live in... Which is... The town is...

Ex: What can you do in the town?

And so on, either until I have a fit or until it ends.

So, here comes my question at the end of my massively belated backstory. Does anyone have any advice (perhaps you've done the same exam), or maybe any handy phrases that I can put into my answers?
Dreams sprout tall so beautiful
to wither and fall off
Old and dusty, creaky and rough
This clockwork will not rest

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:33 pm
View Likes
EscaSkye says...

Well, I don't speak the language, but I remember someone here on the forum posting about offering help on French, so you might want to go and dig through some links.
Not anymore.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:57 pm
MarbleToast says...

EscaSkye wrote:Well, I don't speak the language, but I remember someone here on the forum posting about offering help on French, so you might want to go and dig through some links.

I believe it is Auxiiria (although I don't know if the thread is still going), so thanks for letting me know!
Dreams sprout tall so beautiful
to wither and fall off
Old and dusty, creaky and rough
This clockwork will not rest

Who knew paper and ink could be so vicious.
— Kathryn Stockett, The Help