z

Young Writers Society

Maths help

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:39 am
GDrama97 says...

I am needing some help to prepare for my maths exam so I can do well. My maths exm next week and is on the following topics

Scale Drawing
- Reading and using scales
- Prepaing and using scale drawings
- Applications of scale drawings

Earning money
- Payment over different time periods
- Hourly wages
- Commission and piecework
- Income tax
- Gross and net pay
- Income tax returns
-Good and services tax
- Stamp study

Position and time on Earth
- Latitude, longitude and position
- Distances on the Earth
- Sunrise,sunset and the length of days
- Time zones on Earth

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:13 pm
Aley says...

This is a lot of help your asking for.
It might be helpful if we knew some more information about what is being covered for these topics. For instance, if your teacher only wants you to understand the term income tax, then that's pretty easy. If they want you to be able to file income taxes for your area, then you'll have to know the formula.
Also some of these things are specific to where you are on Earth, such as sales tax.

Can we have some more specifics about what you already understand for each of these topics?

For instance, do you know the difference between latitude and longitude?
What do you know about hourly wages?
Do you understand the rotational patterns of the earth and what's coming up tomorrow on the 21st?
Do you just have to know the names of the different time zones, why they're different, or what is different about them?
What type of scales are you talking about?
Are we looking at two boxes with one small and one big and you get a ratio? Do you just get some side lengths? Is it a scale where you put something on it and see what it weighs?

After we get some more specifics about each of these individual things, I think we'll be able to help better.

For now, I think the best thing to do would be to brainstorm. Get out a blank piece of paper, your study guide which I think these came off of, and then pick a topic and start writing down as much as you know on that topic.

Once you've gone through and brainstormed each of the things, you can look through your book, your notes, or call a friend and ask them what you're missing from what you have to know.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:15 pm
GDrama97 says...

I have already done my maths exam so don't worry about it that forum message is old

"I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
— Lewis Carroll