z

Young Writers Society

Studying for Biology

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:44 am
GDrama97 says...

I have a biology exam this term coming up soon. Last Term I didn't do to well and got a C- for the test. Anyone got any tips on ways that I can study for the test So I can do better in this test.

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:45 am
Dracula says...

This reply is probably a bit late... but watching videos on Youtube always helps me revise.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:25 am
StellaThomas says...

What's on the exam? :)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:48 am
IcyFlame says...

Doing practice questions always helps me

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:22 am
niteowl says...

Hm. Well if I remember correctly, high school biology involves a lot of memorization. Some things that may help with that sort of thing:
-flashcards (not my fave but sometimes it's the best/only choice)
-rewriting the notes, or at least the key points (this will be shorter and neater, plus re-writing it always helps me remember it)
-mnemonic devices, or short phrases that spell out something you need to know. An example of this with math is Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally for the order of operations (Parentheses Exponents, Multiplication/Division, Addition/Subtraction). If you're musically inclined, you might try fitting stuff into a song. I recall using the tune of "Dem Bones" for learning the steps of photosynthesis.

The above plus more can be found here. It's about university classes, so it might not all apply, but it's still pretty useful. You can Google something like "biology study tips" if you want more. :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Gravity was a mistake.
— Till Nowak