Young Writers Society

Is time travel possible?

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:29 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

In retrospect, I'm just being stubborn.

Just because our current knowledge of science contradicts the possibility of time travel doesn't mean it isn't possible. People fifty years ago said that going to the moon was impossible-- but we did it. But they were just using science.

People hundreds of years ago said that the Earth was flat-- but we proved that wrong. But they were using their knowledge of science, too.

People thousands of years ago said that Earth revolving around the sun was imposssible-- but we proved it wrong. Even those people were completely correct, according to science.

Why? Because science is not just something definite. It's added on to by experts over and over until we know something definite, and that's a law. We have no idea whether time travel is possible, and we have no idea what the people of the future will do about it.

But maybe, just maybe, someone will be able to teleport through time.

And one thing's for sure-- I'm going to be excited beyond belief when that day comes.

Spoiler! :
Did I just have an argument with myself? Yes. I did. T.T
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

Reviews: 1
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:21 am
charlenep says...

I think creating a time machine is simply not possible. Creating it would lead to a huge amount of paradoxes. Even logically, time travel cannot happen. How is it possible to travel to a future that hasn't happened yet? There is only the present, so how is it possible to move into a space that does not exist, into emptiness? And moving to the past, any movement leads to the fact that the time machine will be invented in another time, which entails your disappearance, so you would not be able to go to the past. But then you would be able to go, and then you would have disrupted the passage of time and created a paradox. But I would like to travel to a time when I was resting on the playa del carmen.
Last edited by charlenep on Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:20 pm
yosh says...

@charlenep sure, the way we think of it, time travel will create 'paradoxes', but that's just with the limited knowledge of time we have now. The future may bring new insights on time that we haven't thought of, so time travel is an idea that i'm not going to totally dismiss
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:02 am
View Likes
anasahmad4565 says...

Some physicists have proposed theoretical concepts like wormholes, closed time-like curves, and the Alcubierre drive as potential mechanisms for time travel, but these ideas are highly speculative and face significant scientific challenges, including the need for exotic matter with negative energy density.

Additionally, time travel into the past often raises paradoxes, such as the famous "grandfather paradox," where one could potentially go back in time and prevent their own existence.

While time travel remains a fascinating topic in theoretical physics and popular culture, it currently exists mainly in the realm of science fiction. Scientific advancements may one day shed more light on the possibilities or limitations of time travel, but as of now, it remains unproven and highly speculative

I didn't know beards could do that ;)
— ShadowVyper