z

Young Writers Society

Should I give up?

363 Reviews

Reviews: 363
Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:25 pm
DreamWork says...

Maybe I'm late here! Just a quick response; YES! NEVER GIVE UP. You're much more better than I am. Learning how to write a good poem and learning English to me is two different things I need to face in the same time while trying to write a poem.
I often overshadowed by fear if I do any mistakes in grammar. But instead, YWS ( and Its members) helped me to learn slowly and continue to motivates me to keep writing. Even it is 'bittersweet' I should learn to accept it.
Every time another review comes out I let out a deep breath.
~Michael Chabon
Dream high

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:32 pm
Ossum says...

MOST WELCOME ^_^
Never give up on yourself or others.
Fight for what is in your heart, not in your head.
And if it all comes down to it,
Die on your feet before yo live on your knees.

Chin up, shoulders back, smile on.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:01 am
Holysocks says...

Anytime! :-D
100% autistic

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:57 pm
Tenyo says...

Every time I see this thread the line "should I give up, or should I just keep chasing rainbows" runs through my head.
We were born to be amazing.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:40 am
horrendous says...

when i published my first story on this website, i thought people were going to eat it up. i was completely confident that i had a compelling, fast paced masterwork. well no one agreed. people said it was boring, dry, lacked a compelling plot/MC, and made no sense in many respects. i was torn from cloud nine and thrown in the mud. i felt terrible and also considered just forgetting about writing altogether.

a few months later, i've posted several more works and people seem to like each one i submit more than the last. my latest couple submissions have been received extremely well and i'm very glad i didn't give it up.

moral: you won't always be as bad as your first submission. the more you're seriously criticized, the more you learn about your mistakes and are able to correct them. i'll tell you, the reviews for my first story were brutal, but i'm glad they were because i learned a ton and if anyone had taken it easy on me i wouldn't have realized how much i could improve.
hor·ren·dous
adjective: shockingly dreadful; horrible
synonyms: appalling, frightful, hideous

--

Life is like a box of chocolates. Too much will make you sick.

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:09 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

@horrendous Well man,I've seen your writings and you are awesome. ;) And thank you for the encouraging words and to you too @DreamWork I posted this with a confused mind. I know that giving up on anything you love is never a solution. xP You guys are awesome and thank you! :D
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
— Walt Disney