z

Young Writers Society

Erhm...

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:52 pm
View Likes
LamaLama says...

I'll be the first to admit my geekiness, and my nerd like obsession for knowing loads of useless information. But it would seem I am not quite geek enough to know this.

On a castle, the top was usually framed out, so that an archer could stand behind a piece of wall, but still fire out from it, without having to remove himself too much from cover. You all know what I'm talking about. I'll attempt to illustrate:
EDIT:
Illustrating failed. They're the teeth like structures at the top of castle walls.

What's that called? There's a very specific name for it. And I don't think its an arrow loop. If memory serves- an arrow loop is a slit in a tower wall so that an archer could fire from inside.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:43 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Maybe a crenal?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:11 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Arrow loop: A narrow vertical slit cut into a wall through which arrows could be fired from inside

Merlon, Crenellation Battlement: part of a battlement, the square "sawtooth" between crenels

For more info view:
http://www.castlewales.com/arrow.html
http://www.castlewales.com/merlon.html
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:27 pm
LamaLama says...

I found out last night, right before I posted this. Then I was curious who else would know.

Actually, from the same website that you appeared to have, EBM.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

Stay gold, Ponyboy.
— S.E. Hinton