z

Young Writers Society

Binding

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:49 am
stargazer9927 says...

So I just finished two novels and I'm looking into binding them. Getting published is something that may or may not happen, but I would love to hold a book I wrote in my hands whether it's known to the world or not.

I'm hoping to find somewhere that can do it that's decently priced but then still has good quality. I prefer perfect binding because I have really cheaps ways to get the spiral binding done. If anyone has any suggestions of knows of places, please let me know :)
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:54 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Well, I do know of www.lulu.com although I've never used it. However, it seems to be a really reputable site as lots of people on the internet have talked about it. I'm not sure about cheap though. How cheap is cheap? xD

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:50 pm
Rosendorn says...

When it comes to a simple spiral bind, look into your local print shops and see the quality and the prices. Lulu.com is a reputable site and has decent pricing (the two literary journals have been printed there) but it does perfect binding. Perfect binding is the typical book printing you see in stores. It all depends on what you want.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:31 pm
View Likes
stargazer9927 says...

Thanks, I'll look into it. My best friend's mother actually works at a publishing place, so I'll probably do the spiral binding from there. Although I'm going to look around with perfect binding because she said she could do the spiral binding for really cheap but not so much the perfect binding. I just want to look around first.
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

"The adventures I enjoy are usually of a literary nature."
— Henry Winchester