z

Young Writers Society

Dialouge for Paragraphs

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:17 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

In my novel, The first part of chapter 1 is a essay. So would I use Quotation marks at the beginning of each since one of my protaganists is reporting it?
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:38 pm
Rosendorn says...

If your protagonist is giving a nice long speech, then yes. However, if we are being given an excerpt of the essay itself, just put it in italics.

Also, be careful about starting with an infodump. Make sure you give us a reason to keep reading and get us curious instead of just shoving information in front of us right off the bat.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:47 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

Thanks.
Its basically a report on my prolouge, which is the events of 15 years ago. So, I don't really believe it is a big info dump.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

I cannot separate the aesthetic pleasure of seeing a butterfly and the scientific pleasure of knowing what it is.
— Vladmir Nabokov