z

Young Writers Society

Question on new story

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:02 am
sabradan says...

Ok, as all of you from the TSR probably well know, I am "Don Sabradani", Godfather of the CCF, Cabassi Crime Family, the writing Mafia. mwahaha.

And I figured as I AM a Mafia Don, I should probably write a mafia related story. Heres the problem: I know all the necessary info, but like, I have two questions: 1. should I turn it into a fanfic and be the CCF v SPEW stories like were on the TSR, or should I just make it a regular mafia story? 2. Either way, what should the plot/ideas whatever behind it be? I have no actual story, and I could use some help in the creativity department. If you have any ideas, please say so here. Thanks.

Mods, if this is the wrong forum, please feel free to move this.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:42 am
Ares says...

Okay, personally, I'd like to just see a mafie story, without the SPEW stuff. Also, as far as storyline, you could come up with anything, from someone owing a debt, to Russians shooting an Italian. Etc. Etc.

Hope it helps.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:11 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Yeah, I'd like a straight up mafia story too, but it could work if it was about a vendetta between 2 families (i.e. CCF and SPEW, although you should change the names).

Also, don't make it anything like The Godfather. Because, well...then the Corleones would make sure you sleep with the fishes.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

147 Reviews

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:28 am
sabradan says...

Yeah, thats the whole problem. The Godfather=the quintissential mafia story.

My idea is sorta like this/kinda cliche:
-An orphaned Irish kid gets taken in by the Godfather, begins his life in the mob (i know kinda like the godfather)
-After dumping a body, he returns to the safehouse, and sees his mentor/father figure/freind shot before his eyes
-Begins a vendetta between him (and the family he works for) and another family.
-Possibly falls in love with a taboo person (either african american/hispanic/something else taboo) to combine the "love" story and see how that affects his career in the mafia
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:36 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Ouch. West Side Story meets Godfather.

I think it could work pretty well, if you add your usual backstabbers, squealers, etc. But I think you should put something that would separate this from Godfather (i.e. the 2 families joining together to fight another one, major deaths that affect the main character so he goes to work for the other family, or something like that).
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

147 Reviews

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:41 am
sabradan says...

perhaps. Enlighten me further, if you would, please?

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:04 pm
Areida says...

If you want it to be funny as heck, I'd use the CCF vs. SPEW stuff. If you're going for a more serious story, I'd a regular mafia story.

Sounds like you've already gotten a good start. You're good with plotting Dan, so I'll be interested to see what you come up with. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:29 am
Swires says...

OR how about, from a fantasy point of view. THe Mafia discovers magic!
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

If a story is in you, it has to come out.
— William Faulkner