z

Young Writers Society

Ancient Chinese Questions

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:22 am
WarthogDemon says...

Can anyone please direct me to sites with good information about the kinds of ships were in Ancient China? Particularly any merchant-like vessels they migt have had.

Another question I would like to know is if there were any ways they told time back then. I tried to find this out but couldn't find much other than they had a mechanical time-measuring clock of some sort? :?:

Any info on both would be a great help for a fanfic I'm writing, particularly the first question. :)

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:45 pm
Galatea says...

Ancient China used the lunar calendar, along with seasonal charting for planting and harvesting.

If your having trouble finding information online, get up off your butt and go to the library. They will have everything you need there, I promise. Tell a librarian what you are looking for, and they will help you to find it.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:33 pm
Prosithion says...

I agree with Galatea. The chinese would have used Junks, large sailboats with big canvas sails. They wouldn't use sundails, because it's cloudy there a lot.
Encarta should have info on this stuff.

[/img]
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:02 am
WarthogDemon says...

Prosithion wrote:I agree with Galatea. The chinese would have used Junks, large sailboats with big canvas sails. They wouldn't use sundails, because it's cloudy there a lot.
Encarta should have info on this stuff.

[/img]

That's what I needed. Thanks. ^_^

if ya mention chickens, i have to show up, that is the law.
— alliyah