z

Young Writers Society

Dilemma of a Contemptuous name.

Reviews: 4
Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:08 am
Dethl says...

In my novel there are those people who are bearers of supernatural powers, I call them Bearers(really relative I must say XD) but there are those (Like you and me) who don't bear any powers at all and are hated between most of the Bearers. Currently they're called Unblessed but someone may come up with a better name for them. So do you have any suggestion? and If one of you has an idea of a better name for the Bearers you can also share it.

P.D: The novel takes place in the 19th century

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:31 am
View Likes
Apple says...

Hmm, you have some awesome names working right there but I think I have some suggestions. Pondering. Pondering. Pondering. Thinking. Thinking. *This happens for a while* Mundane could be a new name for the Unblessed. But that's used quite a lot so I wouldn't reccomend it. Pondering. Thinking. How about going back to the basics; well, not really basic...

I googled the scientific name for human and came up with this: erectus pseudacorus. So why not cut it in the middle and derive a name from there.

Pseuda or Corus?

I don't know, but those are some suggestions. I know that they're not very good ones but my favourite would have to be Pseuda. I hope that helped.
I spy!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:47 pm
Rosendorn says...

Apple wrote:I googled the scientific name for human and came up with this: erectus pseudacorus. So why not cut it in the middle and derive a name from there.

There's another scientific name known as homo sapiens, which could be used.

I actually think Unblessed is a good name— words that begin with m (mundane, muggles, mundies) are pretty overused and if you're really looking for something different then I'd suggest not using those terms or anything that sounds similar.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:50 pm
SubjectBlue says...

Well, how about 'Flawed' or 'Impaired' or something of the sort?
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

Reviews: 4
Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:43 am
View Likes
Dethl says...

Thanks for the suggestions :D you helped me to confirm that Unblessed is the way to go :)

Ogres are like onions.
— Shrek