z

Young Writers Society

Careers

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:44 pm
View Likes
LittlePrincess says...

I need a job for my character but I can't think of what it could be.

She's 39 years old and has a teenage daughter who she had when she was a senior in college. So obviously, she went to college. Her daughters father is a traveling journalist. It should be a job with a pretty good salary because they are pretty well off. Any suggestions? I don't know what jobs are out there xD.
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."
The Little Prince

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:51 am
Sannah says...

A periodontist? Or a densist? A vet or a docter of some sort? Just whatever feels right for the character. :)
"Raise your voice every single time they try and shut your mouth." My Chemical Romance
"I will never cease to fly if held down and I will always reach too high." Vanessa Carlton
"And rest assured, cause' dreams don't turn to dust." Owl City

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:55 pm
Rosendorn says...

What did she go to college for? That determines a lot.

I'd also determine how many years she went to school. Something in medicine requires much more than 4 years of school, frequently closer to 8 or 10. A lot of science jobs also require more years of school than usual.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:56 pm
fireheartedkaratepup says...

She could be a businesswoman..... how much time does she spend at the office? Maybe she's a well-known artist or author.
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:43 pm
Dynamo says...

To be honest, you could make her anything you wanted to as long as you make it sound believable.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:54 am
Salem says...

For somebody good with people she could be a real estate agent, a marketing executive, a publicist, a news anchor, a school principle, an interior decorator, a headhunter, a funeral director, a professor, a consultant, a police detective, a social worker, a therapist...

For somebody who likes to be alone or is more shy she could be a cartoonist, an editor, an accountant, a lab technician, a pharmacist, a computer scientist, an archivist, a painter, an architect, a government worker, a writer, a paralegal, an auditor...

Choose something that suits the character. Also consider the type of person to have a relationship with a travel writer: either she stays at home alone or she must have a mobile career to move around with him.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers