z

Young Writers Society

Careers

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:44 pm
View Likes
LittlePrincess says...

I need a job for my character but I can't think of what it could be.

She's 39 years old and has a teenage daughter who she had when she was a senior in college. So obviously, she went to college. Her daughters father is a traveling journalist. It should be a job with a pretty good salary because they are pretty well off. Any suggestions? I don't know what jobs are out there xD.
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."
The Little Prince

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:51 am
Sannah says...

A periodontist? Or a densist? A vet or a docter of some sort? Just whatever feels right for the character. :)
"Raise your voice every single time they try and shut your mouth." My Chemical Romance
"I will never cease to fly if held down and I will always reach too high." Vanessa Carlton
"And rest assured, cause' dreams don't turn to dust." Owl City

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:55 pm
Rosendorn says...

What did she go to college for? That determines a lot.

I'd also determine how many years she went to school. Something in medicine requires much more than 4 years of school, frequently closer to 8 or 10. A lot of science jobs also require more years of school than usual.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:56 pm
fireheartedkaratepup says...

She could be a businesswoman..... how much time does she spend at the office? Maybe she's a well-known artist or author.
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:43 pm
Dynamo says...

To be honest, you could make her anything you wanted to as long as you make it sound believable.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:54 am
Salem says...

For somebody good with people she could be a real estate agent, a marketing executive, a publicist, a news anchor, a school principle, an interior decorator, a headhunter, a funeral director, a professor, a consultant, a police detective, a social worker, a therapist...

For somebody who likes to be alone or is more shy she could be a cartoonist, an editor, an accountant, a lab technician, a pharmacist, a computer scientist, an archivist, a painter, an architect, a government worker, a writer, a paralegal, an auditor...

Choose something that suits the character. Also consider the type of person to have a relationship with a travel writer: either she stays at home alone or she must have a mobile career to move around with him.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0

If you don't know where you're going, any road'll take you there.
— George Harrison