z

Young Writers Society

Easiest Person

Reviews: 0
Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:25 am
TheDementedDemon says...

To me, every time I try writing a book in first person, I have a terrible time keeping up on thinking of the next word to write... but when I write in third person, I get to write much easier. What exactly is making me be like this?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:20 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Probably habit! Chances are you read a lot more third person, so it's more natural for you to write in third.

This really isn't a problem— just write however you want. There's no right or wrong in fiction.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Reviews: 0
Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:33 am
View Likes
TheDementedDemon says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Probably habit! Chances are you read a lot more third person, so it's more natural for you to write in third.

This really isn't a problem— just write however you want. There's no right or wrong in fiction.

Alright. :)

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:47 pm
View Likes
Dynamo says...

I write in third person all the time. I find it easier, plus it's simpler to switch perspectives with other characters if you write that way. But if you want to make a first-person story there's nothing wrong with that, it's just going to take some practice and time to get used to. I'd almost suggest just doing it anyway for the experience alone.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White