z

Young Writers Society

Penal COlonies

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:25 am
View Likes
Torpid says...

Ok, i have a cool idea for a story, lol who dont? but still. its historical fiction and its about a couple of british prisoners who are sent to Australia or NewZealand. i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about that? like specifics on its early histoy

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:53 am
View Likes
bubblewrapped says...

Oooh! Mememememe!....OK, not so much. But I'm from NZ, I live in NZ, and you kinda pick this stuff up while gagging on the information the school system shoves down your throat - OK moving on.

Anywayz, I dont think NZ was actually a penal colony...it was more of a touristy thing. Kind of. Um. Well, even if I dont know so much myself I can at least point you in the direction of some useful linkages...so...Look up teh Alexander Turnbull Library, which will give you some historical docos, http://www.history-nz.org is also good, nzhistory.net.nz also a good site. Let me know if you need any info on landscape and such...since I live here and all.

Of course, if you decide to go to Aussie instead, I cant help you. But still, need any help, just ask. I'm all for stories about us little peoples down under ;)
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:00 pm
View Likes
Torpid says...

thanx i had the idea of prisoners dumped there but maybe theyll just be shipwrecked or something. which island has mor land climates and like zones and stuff? south right?

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.
— Oscar Wilde