z

Young Writers Society

Penal COlonies

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:25 am
View Likes
Torpid says...

Ok, i have a cool idea for a story, lol who dont? but still. its historical fiction and its about a couple of british prisoners who are sent to Australia or NewZealand. i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about that? like specifics on its early histoy

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:53 am
View Likes
bubblewrapped says...

Oooh! Mememememe!....OK, not so much. But I'm from NZ, I live in NZ, and you kinda pick this stuff up while gagging on the information the school system shoves down your throat - OK moving on.

Anywayz, I dont think NZ was actually a penal colony...it was more of a touristy thing. Kind of. Um. Well, even if I dont know so much myself I can at least point you in the direction of some useful linkages...so...Look up teh Alexander Turnbull Library, which will give you some historical docos, http://www.history-nz.org is also good, nzhistory.net.nz also a good site. Let me know if you need any info on landscape and such...since I live here and all.

Of course, if you decide to go to Aussie instead, I cant help you. But still, need any help, just ask. I'm all for stories about us little peoples down under ;)
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:00 pm
View Likes
Torpid says...

thanx i had the idea of prisoners dumped there but maybe theyll just be shipwrecked or something. which island has mor land climates and like zones and stuff? south right?

I drink tea and forget the world's noises.
— Chinese saying