z

Young Writers Society

Artwork

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:43 pm
View Likes
BoZi says...

I am doing art at school and every term we are given a new topic, and have to produce an artwork (painting) which relates to the topic.
My new topic is Reveal and Conceal.
The only thing that comes to my mind is mirrors and reflections.. I need ideas!
Please help!!
ps even if you are not an artist, pretend you had to write a poem or a short story about this topic.. an artwork can also say a million words!
We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:16 pm
View Likes
writerwithacause says...

How about somebody wearing a mask to conceal his/her real identity? It is, after all, what we all do when we're afraid of being hurt. We just put on a mask to protect us against failure. That's what came in my mind when I read your post.
Julie, a sucker for romance, historical fashion, medieval fairs and blues music. Add photography and you already know me 50%. The rest of me you'll discover through my writings and my photos.

my fictionpress
my greatest project, a history-inspired romance

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:28 pm
View Likes
BoZi says...

Thanks,
Kinda thought of that.
My artworks usually have a very deep meaning. ALso, they have a lot of composition. I can do the mask thing, even as a masquerade.
Or I could twist it by using a glass mask. (transparent)
Or I could have the guy, wearing the glass mask, looking at a reflection of himself, which shows no mask at all
Thanks!!

Keeeep the ideas coming guys!!
We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:48 am
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

Perhaps a person looking into a fountain and seeing the reflection of someone else staring back up? Like the fountain has another side somewhere, somehow.

Or what about a skeleton (reveal) trying to find clothing to put on (conceal)? Like grabbing for cloth to cover itself... but it doesn't matter 'cuz it's a skeleton....
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything's different?
— C.S. Lewis