z

Young Writers Society

Where, and when do you write and in what?

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:22 am
ShadowKnight155 says...

Where do you write, when do you write, and what do you wear when you write? What stubborn little quirks do you have? I must know! I'm very interested in what other writers do, I can be very stubborn and "Superstitious."

I write at a computer, in my room. When? Often after school or on the weekends, when I am alone. Sometimes at two in the morning like right now. :D If people are in the room with me or near me, or if there is a little noise, I CAN'T write! :smt004

I always change when I get home into sweatpants, I hate jeans.

So, where(room, outside?, kitchen), when, and in what(Jeans, nothing :D, Sweat pants, top/bottomless, suit(you fancy weirdo, you!), 80's garb?)? :smt003
By nature, all language is flawed.

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding," - Albert Einstein

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:16 am
Jagged says...

I write best when half-dead of exhaustion, so the window between 1 and 3:30am tends to be the best. The closer I am to an emotional breakdown the better, though fuzzy ramblings about everything and nothing while terribly apathetic work too. I don't really care what I'm wearing, as long as it's not a dress or something (but that never happens anyway, so it's not an issue). In my room, obviously, though I've been known to write in class. I do get uneasy writing when around other people, but eh, if the story wants to be written, who am I to argue?
I need sugar at hand though. Usually under the form of some soft drink, but candy/chocolate works too.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:33 pm
lilymoore says...

Where: Usually on my couch. The way my house is set up, I have my own living room (you’ve got to love being an only child) so I’m really most comfortably on my couch with all of my favorite things around me.

When: When I do get around to writing, it’s usually by force. I have a crazy hectic schedule so I have to fit writing into the bus ride to and from school or the sliver of extra time I get at the end of government class.

What: Oh wow, what do I wear when I write? I’ve never really thought about it but I suppose it’s usually just whatever I have on. I dress for comfort every day, baggy jeans and t-shirts usually. So I don’t usually have to worry about what I’m wearing.
Though sometimes I do like to put on some funky, multicolored knee-high socks when I write.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:46 pm
View Likes
Octave says...

Where: When I'm in front of my laptop, or when I'm on my bad with an empty sheet of paper before me. :mrgreen:

When: Usually anytime I'm not procrastinating/am inspired.

In what: Pajamas, preferably. I can deal with shorts and an oversized shirt, though. :D
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

Reviews: 1
Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:29 pm
EightBlindMen says...

I'm one of the weird folk that'll write generally anywhere... really.

Where
Laptop when I'm at college (pretend to do there work you see :wink: ), mobile phone for when I'm on the bus going to college and back (advantages of the superior Blackberry), or paper in the living room at home where there is noise (I find it easier to write with noise for some odd reason) and quite a fair few times I'll write on my hands. :mrgreen:

When
I'll write whenever I'm inspired or when I happen to be sat doing nothing. Occasionally on the nights of bad sleep, I'll just get up and write whatever happens to take my fancy.

What In
Whatever I happen to be wearing which in most cases are my jeans... hmmm... I live in the bloody things, granted not the same pair of course.
Ground Control to Major Tom, Commencing countdown engines on

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:43 pm
Rosendorn says...

Where is usually anywhere I can curl up tight enough to have horrible posture and my laptop within a certain distance of my stomach/hands. Sometimes I'll have background noise (although that's usually for school work) but most of the time I use silence for dreaming. Time is whenever I'm braindead because that's the only time I can justify taking time off work to write, especially if I don't have the luxury of going right back to bed. Clothing is anything I'm wearing, which is usually jeans I can curl up in and a t-shirt.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:29 am
Talulahbelle says...

Where Used to be in my Kitchen, with my broken chair and my paint-bucket footstool. But we moved and I still haven't found my niche yet.

When The summer time. That seems to be when my muse comes out to play. All day and all night to write? Wonderous.

In What Hats. Its not exactly that I can't or don't like to write without wearing a hat. It just so happens that when the muse strikes, I usually have walked by my fedora and thought "Oh! Hat!". It's gotten to the point where my family recognizes that if there's something on my head, then I'm feeling artsy. Particularly fedoras. Other than that, as long as I'm comfy I don't care.
I go to seek a Great Perhaps...

I say, in matters of the heart, treat yo' self.
— Donna, Parks & Rec