z

Young Writers Society

Need Help

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:20 am
imaginemymind says...

Okay so I need some information on what kind of injuries you can get after falling from a cliff. They have to be fatal, but at the same time you can survive them by surgery. Hope I'm not asking for too much. Hopefully oNe of you can help me.
** The height of the cliff doesn't matter and if any of you just know good websites that would be awesome to . Thanks for your help soo much :)
-Imaginemymind

Edited title to remove the caps. -Griffinkeeper
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on" ~Robert Frost

My blog where I talk everything book related : http://booksarewonderfulmagic.blogspot.com/

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:28 am
Jagged says...

There's this thread on little_details @ LJ which has info you might be interested in. From what I can see, something like a punctured/collapsed lung or head trauma might fit what you need?
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:28 am
Griffinkeeper says...

*Moved to "Ask an Expert.*
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:22 am
Rydia says...

broken jaw, broken cheek-bone. Those are quite common and would need surgery to fix, not life threatening though.

Um... you can damage your kidney and spleen to the point that it would be safer to remove them but again not generally fatal.

I think it would have to be broken ribs and pierced lung to be fatal.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 am
Ego says...

Most injuries can be fatal if left unattended. Many broken bones and internal bleeding need surgery to heal. Falling creates both of those....so you could go with either. Internal bleeding is a great one because it's a general term that doesn't need to be explained right away, or at all. It could result from ruptured organs, splintered bones that pierce tissue, etc.

I'd go with internal bleeding, personally.

Click the link for more details.

--D
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

All the turtles are related.
— Jack Hanna