z

Young Writers Society

Working with Anthromorphic Animals.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:56 am
pandacary says...

So the setting of my story is a world filled with anthromorphic animals, or Animals as they go by (emphasis on the capital A) and I'm having a problem with the main character. You see, he's a Donkey, and he has hooves. Should I A) Let him use his mouth to write, fight, etc. B) Try to use his hooves or perhaps change the anatomy of the hoof of a Donkey C) Just give him hands.

My friend says I should use the mouth idea but I'd prefer if he stuck with hooves. What do you guys think?
Nerdfighters UNITE! DFTBA!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:53 pm
Rosendorn says...

What if he had a writing system using his hooves? Such as coating the end with something that leaves a mark if he rubs it against stone/paper/whatever. It would probably be a shorthanded script just for hoofed animals, but with the number of hoofed animals it's probably a language certain species know about.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:22 pm
pandacary says...

Hmmmm.... perhaps. This story is still in the works so that might be a good idea.
Nerdfighters UNITE! DFTBA!

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:57 pm
Stori says...

That's a good idea. In Dinotopia they have a whole "footprint alphabet" so the dinosaurs can write things down. For fighting, hooves and teeth work perfectly well.

Reviews: 0
Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:00 pm
phantazma says...

The hoof-marks sound like a good idea, but what if he sat on his bottom and grasped a pencil between his front hooves by putting his front legs together? I don't know much about animal anatomy, so it may not be physically possible for him to do it, but it was just an idea I had that I thought I'd share.
"Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:53 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

Perhaps he can simply morph into a more humanoid character, the process of which will give him hands for any needed time?
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

I do not use my siblings as the cleaning equipment.
— Tuckster