z

Young Writers Society

Passionate or Intense Moment?

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:04 pm
PatriciaTina says...

So, for English we have to write a page long prose about a passionate or intense moment that we have encountered in our lives, but I can't for the life of me think of one, or even very many examples of them in everyday real life. Does anyone have any ideas of examples that may trigger something? Please help!

Here's the full question:
Spoiler! :
In a page, describe a moment from your life that struck you in a passionate and intense manner. Consider a moment that made you feel fully alive - a moment where you acted with intensity and passion. Somewhere in your writing create five striking groups of words (phrases, similes, or metaphors) that capture the imagination of your reader and convey the heart of this moment.

Anyone able to help?? Thanks so much in advance!! :)
~ Patricia Tina :smt006

Don't look in the spoiler.

Spoiler! :
I lost the game.

"I always hear punch me in the face when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext."
~ Dr. John Watson

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:33 pm
McMourning says...

I'm not sure what my passionate and intense moment would be, probably when I was the fastest runner in gym one time. I used to love running (passionate). Was there a time that you did something you were really proud of? It shouldn't matter whether you won an award or not, as long as you were so pleased with your work that you felt alive.
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:42 pm
LookUpThere says...

Birth. Or the realization thereof. The realization of my mortality, I guess. I would LOVE to describe a religous moment but my religous epiphanies are always spread kind of thin... I guess just when someone says unexpected and I go on thinking about it.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:12 pm
RainWanderer says...

If your conscience and condition allow, lie. No one can actually know, or even bother to find out, everything that has happened in your life. Made up something that you can easily writes about without being too far from the truth.
Now, here are something to think about to write, weather you want to lie or not, they can be your prompts for writing:

1. Your first day of school.
2. Your first pet / bike / toy / allowance
3. The day you realized you are growing up
4. Your first time falling in love
5. Your realization of your talent as a writer/whatever you are good at
6. The moment you won from a contest
Who am I? Just a wanderer, traveling from real life to dreams.

“Writing a book is a very lonely business. You are totally cut off from the rest of the world, submerged in your obsessions and memories.” - Mario Vargas Llosa

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
— Thomas Edison