z

Young Writers Society

A Writing Tip Blog on Livejournal

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:32 am
Dr. Tick Tock says...

I'm terribly sorry, this is a completely random question.

Several years back, in one of the 'News' things on YWS, one of the mods promoted a livejournal (if it wasn't livejournal, it was some blog site similar to that) of a girl who gave writing tips. It was a long list of all her blogs, each blog about something different. I.E. "Developing Your Characters" "Establishing Plot" etc. Most of it was for fantasy writers.

I would be so incredibly grateful to anyone who knows the link to this journal. I had it for the longest time, but for some reason I cannot find it anywhere. I decided to give a shot in the dark and pop up here for the first time in ages to see if perhaps you guys can help me. Even telling me if/where I can find a news post that is that old would be helpful. I've scavenged the site, but the oldest things I can find are barely from a year ago.

Thank you so much for your time!
|Doctor is prone to rants. Slap her if she starts rambling.|

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:16 am
Evi says...

Limyaael's Fantasy Rants, perhaps? When you say "News" things, do you mean the staff picks on the front page?
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Rosendorn says...

*Moved to Ask an Expert, as Q&A is more for site-based questions.* ^^

As for your question, even if that's not the blog you're looking for, I'd highly suggest Limyaael's rants because they are very good. I've used them a lot as a sort of logic check for my work in the past.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:20 pm
Dr. Tick Tock says...

Yes! That was it! Oh gosh, thank you guys so much!

(And I'm sorry, I never quite knew what those were called... )

<3
Doctor
|Doctor is prone to rants. Slap her if she starts rambling.|

You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself. What you say is completely up to you.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time