z

Young Writers Society

Worldview Questions

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:52 pm
EloquentDragon says...

Hello! I am writing a research project for school and I need at least three people to answer the following questions. If you’re not comfortable to answer them here, please PM me.
The following questions are related to worldview and are based off of a Christian standpoint. Please answer according to your personal opinion.

1) Who is God?

2) How did the world begin?

3) What is your purpose on earth?

4) What will happen to you after you die?

5) What is sin?

6) Are all people sinners?

7) Do people become sinners because they sin or because they are sinners?

8. What is God's punishment for sin, if any?

9) Are there penalties that occur on earth for sins in a person's daily life?
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:43 pm
BenFranks says...

1) Who is God?
God is a symbol of something a person or group of people have faith in. That faith and symbol can take any form based on the beliefs of the individual.

One of the World's unanswered questions. Mystery allows for theory and speculation. If religion were to "prove" science wrong then religion would no longer carry faith as it would be fact and therefore demise its own concept. And if science were to "prove" religion wrong we'd have the same problem: fact would overtake faith and demise the necessity some people have for faith.

Enjoy every last minute of it that I can. "Life is like a coin: you can spend it anyway you like, but you can only spend it once."

My personal opinion is that life after death is only a relevant thought on one's death. While you are living, why not live rather than speculate about what could happen if you don't fulfill your desires in the one shot you have at life.

5) What is sin?
What a society deems as "unacceptable". A sin is individual to each person's faith and belief and sin should be judged solely by that individual upon his or herself. Nobody has the right to judge another's sin.

If they are, they're only sinful to themselves.

This would be a question of perspective and as you have asked me what people do then I would have to say this varies. If you ask me personally, I'd say that people become sinners.

The only 'punishment' is what that person(s) inflict upon themselves as a result of their views of faith or sin, God - if there is one - does not punish nor judge.

Depends on perspective. As an Agnostic, I'd say these situations were at the mercy of "luck".

192 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:07 pm
EloquentDragon says...

Thanks for the feedback!

Enter, if you dare.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:23 pm
Tigersprite says...

1) Who is God?
Something or someone, who caused the World to come into existence on purpose.

According to my beliefs, God created it. In my opinion, perhaps not in the seven days said, but I believe he did create it.

My purpose?...To be myself and live my life, I suppose.

I'm not sure. Maybe I'll go to Heaven, or maybe I'll be reborn. Who really knows these things?

5) What is sin?
Evil or immoral acts committed by people.

Not until they know the difference between right and wrong.

Because they sin.

Hell, I guess. But if you repent or at least feel guilt, whatever the sin, that wouldn't be the case. At least that's what I believe.

Penalties? I suppose it depends. A person who feels guilt for a sin they committed might inadvertently punish themselves, but someone who feels no guilt wouldn't.

Hope I helped.

Tiger
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

192 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:45 pm
EloquentDragon says...

Thanks Tiger!

Just need one more person, baaaatter up!

Enter, if you dare.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:42 am
Rosendorn says...

A note: While these were written from a Christian perspective, I am far from Christianity (Theist, with strong inclinations to Eastern and Native ways of life). I figured you wouldn't mind the wider scope of opinions.

1) Who is God?

I consider "God" to be more a universal intelligence with no form, labeled "God" for convenience purposes.

The intelligence began forming the basic building blocks of life, and the universe began evolving from there. As years progressed, evolution was the result of improvements being made because of the intelligence.

I rarely think about it, but my usual guideline is "To live a good life and overcome destructive behaviours to escape the cycle of death and rebirth."

If I've learned my lessons, then it's rejoining the universal intelligence. If I haven't, then rebirth and hope I learn that time.

5) What is sin?

A mistake yet to be forgiven/karma that has yet to be balanced.

We all have karma to be balanced from past lifetimes.

Because they "sin."

God has no punishment. But "you get what you give" applies to karma. You have to endure (or rejoice) in what you have given out in the past, lifetime after lifetime.

See above.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

192 Reviews

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:57 pm
EloquentDragon says...

Thanks for answering!
I'm going to answer my own questions so that you can see the point of view that I'm coming from. Here goes!

1. Who is God?
God is the almighty, eternal Creator of the universe. He is omniscient and omnipresent.
He never grows old. He has no beginning and no end. He is loving and merciful, yet just and righteous. God can not tolerate sin, but He is about relationships and wants to spend eternity with man. Man is God's most loved creation.
(I could go on, but I believe that men cannot describe God because He is indescribable, and our meagre words cannot capture His infinites. So I have not even begun to scratch the surface here.)

2. How did the world begin?
God created it (spoke it from nothing) in seven days.

3. What is your purpose on earth?
To glorify God and to enjoy Him forever.

4. What will happen to you after you die?
I have the assurance of salvation, and so I shall always be with God.

5. What is sin?
Things that are contrary to the nature of God.

6. Are all people sinners?
Yes, we all sin, and we all are born sinners.

7. Do people become sinners because they sin, or because they're sinners?
Because they are sinners.

Eternal separation from Him.

9. Are there penalties that occur on earth for sins in a person's daily life?
Yes. God knows what we do every day; our sins will always "find us out."

Note how people’s answer to the first question affects the way they answer all the other ones.
Again, thankyou all for answering, this really helps. :wink:
~E.D.

Enter, if you dare.

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell