z

Young Writers Society

Can't think of a myth topic... halp.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:00 pm
cannibalcorpse3 says...

I have quite a quandary on my hands that hopefully YWS's ingenuity can solve for me; I need a topic for a myth.
Please help!!!
The remainder is, An unjustifiable, egotistical, power struggle, At the expense of the American Dream.

10 Reviews

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:02 pm
cannibalcorpse3 says...

Shameless self bump + will review for food reply.
:D
The remainder is, An unjustifiable, egotistical, power struggle, At the expense of the American Dream.

Random avatar

Reviews: 36
Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:10 pm
DragonLADY says...

cannibalcorpse3, Have you created a character for your myth yet?
You have been adressed by the Lady of the Dragons, lol

10 Reviews

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm
cannibalcorpse3 says...

No, I have no characters because I have no myth :/
But thanks for replying, I was getting a little desperate for an answer :P
Do you happen to have any ideas about what exactly I could write about, DragonLADY?

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:31 pm
LastPaladin says...

How about how Loki tricked all the Gods and got Baldur turned into a Mistletoe tree?
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

10 Reviews

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:40 pm
cannibalcorpse3 says...

Hah, that could be interesting but I suppose I should have mentioned that the myth has to consist of my own made up characters. I'm not going to have any trouble with writing said characters, it's just an idea that I'm after. Something like 'Why People See Mirages' or 'How The Skunk Got Its Stripe', you know? Anything, I beg you O_O

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:56 pm
LastPaladin says...

Look up Just So stories.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

10 Reviews

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:59 pm
cannibalcorpse3 says...

Hm, that's an interesting idea, I just might.

10 Reviews

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:07 pm
cannibalcorpse3 says...

Okay, my other inquiry was locked, there goes my chances of double the results :P
Once again though, a shameless self bump, please don't let this 404 on me, I really need help with this one. ;-;

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:21 pm
Rosendorn says...

Just ask yourself a question about "why", and don't let it be explained by science. That's where myths come from: people wanting to explain the natural world around them and not having the means to do so.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:38 am
dasiamari says...

Why fish swim does that help =]
Know that she's back in the atmosphere I'm afraid that she'll think of me as a plain old Jain told a story 'bout a man who was to afraid to fly so he never did land. ~Train

10 Reviews

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:18 am
cannibalcorpse3 says...

Possibly, possibly, I'll take it into consideration. ^^

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:32 pm
Talulahbelle says...

Hey man, you'vejust gotta be creative. Have some fun with it. Get goofy - read Aesop's fables and maybe even some Grimm brothers to get you in mind of the flow. Once, me and my brother were messin' around - talking in made up accents and voices and stuff - and I told him a big long story about Why Mice Live in Holes it was sooo retarded, and super fun and I just made it up on the spot and that's the point. (its because their mushroom houses kept getting eaten, btw. lol!)
I go to seek a Great Perhaps...

Random avatar

Reviews: 36
Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:32 pm
DragonLADY says...

sorry it took so long for me to reply... firstly, are you looking to come up with a myth for a totally different world, or the one we live in? do you want the myth to be about a god, goddess, or hero?

Develop your characters first. These will be the foundations for a myth. For your character, sort out appearance, likes, dislikes. Give them a desire; something that would urge them into doing something. Don't get into reality. Let animals talk, trees walk, anything is possible in myths.

Perhaps I should suggest starting with the creation of the world you're writing about, and develop a history of myths from there! PM me if any of this is unclear, or needs elaboration.

Happy myth-making!
You have been adressed by the Lady of the Dragons, lol

Act in the valley so that you need not fear those who stand on the hill.
— Danish proverb